Newcastle bid for £7m Reyes

Scottish Mag

Christ! Aren't we all ever so picky at the moment.

I suppose we can all wait for some superstar brick-wall defender and lightening-quick deadly-accurate wingers to just turn down better offers and join us because everyone else is soooo beneath us....

...And we're puzzled when people call us deluded. :lol:

First of all, he's not linked to us is he? Aston Villa look like they want him. And being honest I don't know a great deal about him. I was just asking if he was anything special.

Guess fucking not.

:blush:

I suppose we just dont like shit players. I know it's shocking but some people are just like that.

• 4 weeks later...

Reyes snubs Magpies - reports

Winger refuses to confirm rumours he is in talks with Monaco

By Francisco Acedo Last updated: 24th July 2008

Atletico Madrid winger Jose Antonio Reyes has refused to confirm reports that he has turned down a move to Newcastle United in favour of a switch to Monaco.

Reyes has been linked with a summer move away from Atletico despite only signing at Vicente Calderon from Arsenal last July.

Newcastle were believed to be lining up an offer for the 24-year-old, and reports emanating from Spain have suggested Reyes has rejected personal terms.

It is claimed he is now in advanced talks with Ligue 1 club Monaco after Atletico accepted a bid worth €7million (£5.5million).

Reyes said: "I am calm. My agent is dealing with the matter."

if he couldnt settle in London unlikely to settle up with us

for 5.5 i'd have taken him but doubtful it was ever going to happen or he'd stick it for long

He would have been a nightmare here.

Rejected personal terms . .. . :razz:

I bet Keegan is doing his nut over this

Any proof in this btw? Or are we just believing what the media says again for the sake of it? ;)

You know personal terms could be " I don't want to live in the north east of England so I am going to ask you for £125,000 a week but Monaco can have me for £40,000 and a nice house."

If there's that much truth in it, that is.

I think people are taking the anti-media stance a bit too far now. I know newspapers make stuff up, but they do get stuff right sometimes too

How is anyone taking the anti-media stance too far exactly? Based on what people have said in this thread.

All people are doing is casting doubt on a story that doesn't even have a single quote and contradicts itself. I'm concerned about the lack of signings and so on and it does worry me that we may not be prepared to pay the going rate etc. but this in particular strikes me as lazy journalism at its worst. The 'article' has zero substance.

I think people are taking the anti-media stance a bit too far now. I know newspapers make stuff up, but they do get stuff right sometimes too

Yes, but who's to say what is when? Instead of being picky and only to believe the stuff I want to believe I'd rather believe nothing without concrete evidence.