the weekly hang em flog em debate

sweetleftpeg

This may not sit easily with the "nail'em uppers" but I'm sure that studies of "unconventional" punishments like the classic mechanics courses for joyriders etc actually caused less re-offenders.

Maybe the problem is the the Daily Mail solution has been used too much and the PC one not enough.

43660[/snapback]

The major problem is that when we see the crime alot of us react angrily and want revenge. The law should not be about revenge, it should prioritise prevention and then cure. I think too many Daily Mail readers would be more appalled at the thought of those young offenders benefitting from their crime than they would be concerned about the crime itself.

43673[/snapback]

how exactly do you cure cuntism? its not possible, hasnt been since the beginning of time thats why we have always had rapists, serial killers, child abusers etc. some people are just fucked up! everyone knows the law and knows that they should behave. if they dont they face the consequences!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, some people are FUBAR, but people react to situations and punishment differently. Some people might be less likely to re-offend if given the softly softly approach, although I won't go any further in case I get accused of fixing PC's or whatever.

I am a good old fashioned bleeding heart namby pamby lily livered liberal, but I have never understood how treating people badly is meant to make them behave better. I can understand why people people get swept away with Daily Mail bloodlust, but personally I just dont think it does any good.

43696[/snapback]

Sensible post alert!

43704[/snapback]

namby pamby do gooder poster alert .......

the growth of teenage indiscipline and nature of violence, has occcured since the birth of the liberal "treat em kindly " approach [even Rob knows this I bet].......deterrent works much better. I see none of you answered the previous question about being kicked in the knackers .....

"PC Correct"

either DOUBLY CORRECT

or as you say a company that fixes computers.............. with love, care and attention

43642[/snapback]

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005460833,00.html

British Legal System produces reformed characters ....

Whats the phrase you use Rob "he's done his time, leave him be " ?

"PC Correct"

either DOUBLY CORRECT

or as you say a company that fixes computers.............. with love, care and attention

43642[/snapback]

43904[/snapback]

I'm not sure I can see what the point of that article is tbh. Do you think we should change the law as necessary an immediately because someone's a scumbag?

Anyway, I think for the past 3 pages this thread should have been moved to general chat. Can't a mod move it?

the growth of teenage indiscipline and nature of violence, has occcured since the birth of the liberal "treat em kindly " approach [even Rob knows this I bet].......deterrent works much better. I see none of you answered the previous question about being kicked in the knackers .....

43823[/snapback]

Strange, when here in Jormany the juvenile criminal law was reformed and "education" instead of punishment was introduced it had a lasting effect on the criminal statistic concerning youth. The percentage of reoffenders dropped and much less juvenile criminals were ending up unemployed and starting criminal careers. Even most hardliners are only demanding more severe punishment for reoffenders and major crimes but not for first timers.

43823[/snapback]

Strange, when here in Jormany the juvenile criminal law was reformed and "education" instead of punishment was introduced it had a lasting effect on the criminal statistic concerning youth. The percentage of reoffenders dropped and much less juvenile criminals were ending up unemployed and starting criminal careers. Even most hardliners are only demanding more severe punishment for reoffenders and major crimes but not for first timers.

43944[/snapback]

first time anyone has specified first offence anywhere that I've seen.

As it happens, I agree with this, everyone makes a mistake sometimes, its the serial offenders who know exactly what they are doing who I have always been on about

"PC Correct"

either DOUBLY CORRECT

43642[/snapback]

43904[/snapback]

I'm not sure I can see what the point of that article is tbh. Do you think we should change the law as necessary an immediately because someone's a scumbag?

Anyway, I think for the past 3 pages this thread should have been moved to general chat. Can't a mod move it?

43936[/snapback]

aye it has gone off topic.

It's all just a long running discussion regarding justice, law etc etc....national service etc etc but this bloke Hoare is just an evil twat of the highest order who should be boiled alive for me.

And I really can't see why anyone can think anything else is appropriate or more deserved.

Edited by LeazesMag

"PC Correct"

either DOUBLY CORRECT

43642[/snapback]

43904[/snapback]

43936[/snapback]

It's all just a long running discussion regarding justice, law etc etc....national service etc etc but this bloke Hoare is just an evil twat of the highest order who should be boiled alive for me.

And I really can't see why anyone can think anything else is appropriate or more deserved.

43998[/snapback]

boiled alive....you advocating wasting good water ?

"PC Correct"

either DOUBLY CORRECT

43642[/snapback]

43904[/snapback]

43936[/snapback]

43998[/snapback]

boiled alive....you advocating wasting good water ?

44052[/snapback]

no, boiling oil. Or for muslims who are happy to accept our taxpayers money yet bomb innocent civilians, pig fat.

"PC Correct"

either DOUBLY CORRECT

43642[/snapback]

43904[/snapback]

43936[/snapback]

43998[/snapback]

just a tad :)

Moved and renamed.

"f you ever watch ITV on a saturday night, you will see hours of programs where people win money and consumer goods."

As opposed to eh 50's and 60's???

Hughie Green, Michael miles, Bruce forsyth ........ all made their names on "quiz" sshows that dolloped out loads of consumer goods......................

43497[/snapback]

Yep - but can you imagine any of todays shows having the same followings 10 - 30 years hence ? Not a chance. There are shows from that period which sell big as dvd's and have fanatical followings. All the TV seems to be either yank braindead crap or imitations of such. occasionally some quality does surface (last one being "men behaving badly" - 10 years since.....) but its getting less and less so. Of course you got your quizzes etc then. But many of the ideas from those periods are copied endlessly because there is no quality now. Just glitz and no need to think. Just sit on a setee and drool in a moronic manner.

about 15 years ago the Sister in Law - who works in TV pointed out thatthe amount of revenuye going in (ads+ licence fee) was pretty much fixed

" if you go from 4/5 channels to 100 the same money has to be spread across them = crap on all of them"

She was right

about 15 years ago the Sister in Law - who works in TV pointed out thatthe amount of revenuye going in (ads+ licence fee) was pretty much fixed

" if you go from 4/5 channels to 100 the same money has to be spread across them = crap on all of them"

She was right

44189[/snapback]

I can't say if that's true as I don't know, but Sky has a subscription fee.

Also the licence fee is supplemented by more DVD and merchandising sales surely?

I love the BBC though. I'll support the licence fee because it stops lowest common denominator (ie profit) dictating what we see.

As someone said recently about kids' school meals:

Choice is the enemy of variety.

She was right

44189[/snapback]

Also the licence fee is supplemented by more DVD and merchandising sales surely?

I love the BBC though. I'll support the licence fee because it stops lowest common denominator (ie profit) dictating what we see.

44221[/snapback]

what's this got to do with cutting the bollix of a sick multiple rapist ?

She was right

44189[/snapback]

44221[/snapback]

44229[/snapback]

What did it have to do with Gordon McKeag?!

She was right

44189[/snapback]

44221[/snapback]

44229[/snapback]

What did it have to do with Gordon McKeag?!

44233[/snapback]

LOL....nothing

But I see those who advocate setting criminals free are avoiding this one ......

We aren't - that's why it was moved over here

We just let the frothing gibbering mob get it off their chests and when it starts to calm down come back and stoke the fires again.............

what do you think about the idea that prisoners should have the vote then?

She was right

44189[/snapback]

44221[/snapback]

Up to point you are right - these days there IS more advertising - in the 60's & 70's you didn't get ambulance chasing lawyers advertising - but the increase doesn't come anywhere near the explosion in channels. the Sky subscription just about covers their running costs I beleive - the ads are their profit

We aren't - that's why it was moved over here

We just let the frothing gibbering mob get it off their chests and when it starts to calm down come back and stoke the fires again.............

what do you think about the idea that prisoners should have the vote then?

44290[/snapback]

stop avoiding the question.

What do you think of your normal assertion that "they have served their time"

Your belief that "the authorities believe the system has "changed" them

Why did you show more emotion towards Gordon McKeag running Newcastle United like a sack of shite than towards a multiple evil rapist ???????

As for MY opinion....it is unchanged since day 1....I wouldn't give such scumbags the vote, I wouldn't give them anything...I would lock them up, throw away the key, make them clean the prison bogs with their teeth for every day of their existence, substitute their toothpaste with shit, and then just as they thought they were getting off lightly, surprise them by wking them up at 4 in the morning and kick the living daylights out of them

I have never avoided the question - you just don't listen

They have served their time - EXACTLY THAT - Society decides on a punishment which is handed down by the Judge. Once that sentence is served that's it - there is NO further punishment - other than the fact that they have a criminal record

I'd be a damn sight happier about assertions by "authorites" that someone was changed if there was proper training and re-education in side and a decent effort to monitor people when they get out

McKeag is personal

YOU never answer the questions of hwo we're going to pay for banging everyone up for ever, what sort off discipline problems you'd get in a prioson where people were rtreat as you want, and what sort of country it is that allows anyone (even prisoners) to be dealt with in an arbitary and vicous manner

i've often suggested you move to Saudi where you'd be happier

As for MY opinion....it is unchanged since day 1....I wouldn't give such scumbags the vote, I wouldn't give them anything...I would lock them up, throw away the key, make them clean the prison bogs with their teeth for every day of their existence, substitute their toothpaste with shit, and then just as they thought they were getting off lightly, surprise them by wking them up at 4 in the morning and kick the living daylights out of them

44635[/snapback]

:) :)

And you question Souness's man-management skills?! :yes