Fathers for Justice

peasepud

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you see the kids much Fop?

As much as you lot like to think anything I talk about "must" be down to personal trauma, you're about as far off with this as you are with teaching. :lol:;)

Check your sig.

As much as you lot like to think anything I talk about "must" be down to personal trauma, you're about as far off with this as you are with teaching. :lol:;)

Check your sig.

Check your old one. ;)

I know the comment about courts not wanting to lock up the mothers in the best interests of the kids is complete bollocks seeing as the police were quite willing to cart of the estranged missus of a mate of mine on the grounds of domestic violence for slapping him when he tried to get into his own house.

It was only on his say-so that she wasn't arrested as he didn't want his kids to witness it happening.

I agree that there is bias towards the mother, always has been, always will be. But you're wrong to say that they will never take action Fop...

Check your sig.

Check your old one. ;)

You should have. I agree with you about the set-up of the courts btw.

Check your sig.

Check your old one. ;)

You should have.

Although, to clarify, do you speak for everyone with that?

I agree with you about the set-up of the courts btw.

Aye, that's just how it is. I am actually a bit surprised someone hasn't killed themselves publicly yet over this issue.

I know the comment about courts not wanting to lock up the mothers in the best interests of the kids is complete bollocks seeing as the police were quite willing to cart of the estranged missus of a mate of mine on the grounds of domestic violence for slapping him when he tried to get into his own house.

It was only on his say-so that she wasn't arrested as he didn't want his kids to witness it happening.

I agree that there is bias towards the mother, always has been, always will be. But you're wrong to say that they will never take action Fop...

Of course they'll arrest someone over domestic violence - whether she'd have got a custodial sentence is another thing entirely though.

But that's not what I'm talking about, I'm talking about defying the ruling of the court (and refusing access), I'm fairly sure there's never been a mother sent to prison or had their kids taken away purely on those grounds (with other unfit grounds, yes, but that's a different kettle of fish).

Understandably in a way - but it leaves the fathers effectively unrepresented, and mothers that want to effectively "getting away with murder" (figuratively not literally most of the time, although in some cases I'd say literally too).

As I said changing the law to completely equal parenting rights would be a start - again sexism/prejudice like this would never be tolerated in almost any other context in the UK.

Surely 'Fathers For Justice' should be focusing their efforts on making sure events such as this don't ever happen again...

Poor fucking kids ;)

Two children and their father found dead in a car in an isolated beauty spot died from carbon monoxide poisoning, police have confirmed.

Brian Philcox, 52, is thought to have taken his children to the Conwy Valley on Father's Day and gassed them.

His body was found in a Land Rover with his son Owen, aged three, and his daughter Amy, aged seven.

Police said all three, from Runcorn in Cheshire, had died from poisoning due to inhaling car exhaust fumes.

A pipe had been placed from the exhaust of the Land Rover in through the back window, officers said.

Det Ch Insp Wayne Jones from North Wales Police said there were no other injuries on the children.

"It is a difficult case for all involved," he said, adding that the mother of the children, Evelyn - known locally as Lynn - was being looked after by family liaison officers.

"She is devastated, she has suffered this double loss.

"She is being looked after by family liaison officers who are giving her comfort and support at this time, and she does have a good network of family and friends around her but obviously this is a tragic loss that she's suffered."

Army bomb squad experts had also been called to the family home at the Windmill Hill area, after the discovery of a suspect device.

Residents were evacuated on Saturday night but the device was later found to be a hoax.

A second suspect package was sent to a "family member", police said, and this too was removed by explosives experts.

A friend of Mr Philcox, Paul Clifton, said he had been very upset by the turmoil of divorce.

"He was very, very upset by the situation to do with the courts and the access to the children, because he's going through a lot of turmoil with the divorce," he said.

"But he loved his children. It's very hard to believe he's done this."

Mr Philcox's neighbours said he had threatened violence.

"Last week he was actually bragging, when I walked past, he was actually saying, 'I'll burn the house before I give it... up or the kids to her'," one neighbour said.

Det Ch Insp Jones added the police were still keen to hear from anyone who might have seen the three between Friday night and Sunday afternoon in order to establish a timeline of events in north Wales and Cheshire.

He said Mr Philcox, a karate expert, had picked up Amy and Owen from an arranged access visit on Friday.

Det Ch Insp Jones said there had been sighting of the three at Llangollen on Saturday.

Mr Philcox, a karate expert, had told friends he planned the visit because the children were interested in trains.

Officers were alerted at about 1500 BST on Sunday by a passer-by, who found the car off a hillside road near Llanrwst on Sunday.

It was parked on a road leading from the A470 between Tal-y-cafn and Maenan.

Mr Philcox, originally from the Speke area of Liverpool, had been practising karate for more than 30 years, winning many competitions.

He also held various senior positions within martial arts organisations in the UK.

He was named "Man of the Year" in 2005 in awards for local worthy citizens in Runcorn.

This is understood to be in recognition for his charity work following the death of his first wife Jan. Mr Philcox also had other children with other partners.

Matt O'Connor, from Fathers 4 Justice, said: "This is yet another tragic case that demonstrates how family breakdown is an unfolding national tragedy for families and children.

"Fathers love their children. Killing them is against the paternal instinct, but whilst some people are driven to scaling bridges out of desperation, others see a future so bleak, and fear the living bereavement of losing their children so much, that they turn away from hope."

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7457941.stm

Pathetic cunt. Equally pathetic is the lack of condemnation from the Fathers 4 Justice bloke. He's all but justifying his actions and blaming the mother.

Karate Expert though, whatever the fuck that has to do with it :lol:

Karate Expert though, whatever the fuck that has to do with it :lol:

Aye was a karate expert you know.

(how many times does it need to be mentioned in the one article? Twice or is it more? It reads like he regularly said it after he said his name or something)

Better ban it to be safe, anyway.

Found out today that the bloke on the tyne bridge is the father of one of my colleagues son's school friends.

All this about him being prepared up there with a background in scaffolding therefore being used to heights was total bullshit apparently and as the link Magpie posted says, he only took a couple of sarnies with him (going against early reports that he was equipt for a week) and forgot to take his medication with him.

But perhaps most incredibly my colleague was telling me that the mother took her son to the bridge to see his dad up there!! He thinks he's a hero! But after about 10 minutes was shouting for him to come down. Then they had to leave cos the bairn was getting too upset. Crazytown!!

I don't get this whole campaign to be honest... I mean I'm in the position whereby I'm estranged from my kids' mother yet I've always made sure that I'm such a bloody good Dad to them that she knows damned well that it's in their best interests to see plenty of me.

How the fuck they think dressing in a superhero costume and scaling famous landmarks is going to make a judge think "you know what, this bloke really should have more access to his kids" is totally beyond me. If anything, it's giving them more reason NOT to give them rights...

They're anti-feminists tbh - moaning that society is not giving them equality when in reality their actions are doing everything to prove they don't deserve it. They need to prove themselves by being a good father because that and ONLY THAT is credible evidence that they should get what they're campaigning for.

Their point is being lost in amongst their own stupidity.

I agree with a lot of what your saying and it sounds like me and you are in very similar situations.

However, in my experience, many are unable to "prove themselves by being a good father" because the PWC (Prick Worthless Cunt, sorry I mean Parent With Care) has denied them seeing their kids full stop and a great deal of fathers haven't got the means or the stomach to go to court to have a judge tell them if and when they can see their own fucking kids!

Can they do that without good reason or evidence though? My solicitor said it would be for the PWC to prove it is not in the children's best interests that to see the NRP before a judge will agree to it. As good as said that unless they pose a threat, risk or danger to them then they are well within their rights to see them.

FWIW, i think the actions of all the FFJ clowns is proving sufficient evidence to support the claims of such PWCs...

Shooting themselves in the foot

Well aye it's right that they have to prove that it's not in the best interests but it's the inbetween time of the PWC or NRP deciding to take it to court and the judge actually making a ruling where many NRP's give in/up.

I work with a guy who is a FFJ supporter

I don't know all the ins & outs of his case but what I do know is that if he and the kids mother spent a tenth of the time they spend on fighting each other through the courts on their kids it would be better for everyone all round

The system doesn't work very well - but given the passions aroused I'm not sure that any ssytem would work well.

I work with a guy who is a FFJ supporter

I don't know all the ins & outs of his case but what I do know is that if he and the kids mother spent a tenth of the time they spend on fighting each other through the courts on their kids it would be better for everyone all round

The system doesn't work very well - but given the passions aroused I'm not sure that any ssytem would work well.

The idea would be to start from a legal position were it wasn't really possible to make the kids a weapon (again back to equal parenting rights), unfortunately at the moment kids are probably one of the two most effective weapons in any break up.

What ever happened to the kids getting a choice? My mam stopped my dad seeing me and my sister when we where small because he knocked her about, even given the violence issue the court and social workers sat us down and gave us the option, to see him or not. We did, matter sorted, untill the daft sod played right in to their hands and didn't take us back to me mams for a fortnight lol

The thing is, the way the press work at the minute I bet Social Services are shit scared to let kids anywhere near adults with violence problems etc nowadays. If a child dies in the care of someone who might have twatted them once etc the press jump on it and crucify them.

Far be it for me to suggest that any woman would ever be bitter enough to turn a kid against their dad, but a lot of women are bitter enough to turn a kid or kids against their dad.

From my personal experience the system did handle things very diplomatically, as I remember they looked at both sides, and obviously since we where already living with me mam to start with we did have the exaggerated version of events, but, they managed to sort something out that would have been a benefit, seems like theres no common sense anymore though

Far be it for me to suggest that any woman would ever be bitter enough to turn a kid against their dad, but a lot of women are bitter enough to turn a kid or kids against their dad.

From my personal experience the system did handle things very diplomatically, as I remember they looked at both sides, and obviously since we where already living with me mam to start with we did have the exaggerated version of events, but, they managed to sort something out that would have been a benefit, seems like theres no common sense anymore though

That comment wasn't directed at your circumstances by the way which I clearly know nothing about. It's just a fact that the entire system is set up to cater to the female rather than the male.

Does anyone know how many divorced fathers get any access these days? I can only find 1994 figures which said less than a third...

UK Marriage/Divorce Statistics 1994

Percent mothers awarded sole residence 71%

Percent fathers awarded sole residence 7%

Percent joint residence awards (read mother) 21%

http://www.coeffic.demon.co.uk/stats.htm

That comment wasn't directed at your circumstances by the way which I clearly know nothing about. It's just a fact that the entire system is set up to cater to the female rather than the male.

That's pretty much the example I mentioned before.

In the end the judge ruled on behalf of the father, but it was rather a pyrrhic victory as although the judge said the father was a good father and should have access and that the mother had clearly poisoned the child's minds with lies about the father, that in the end he couldn't now rule to force a child to see her father if the child didn't want to (even though the reason child didn't want to was solely because of the mothers lies).

It's very hard to legislate against that, although again equal patenting rights would have allowed the father to see the kids from the start and maybe would have stopped the lies being effective in the first place.

I think there's much to recommend a general principle of equal access (as a starting point) but from a purely practical p.o.v. I dont know how many of your average divorce settlements result in both spouses being able to afford family sized homes immediately (or for a good few years) after separation.