Old things you used to eat

JawD

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, bakes bean sarnies as well, or mashed potato + pea sarnies.

Well, not really sarnies, more making sarnies with that as you're eating your tea!

Dry custard powder though, the one by birds from the tin. Me and my mate used to see how much we could fit in our mouth. Tricky bit was it would soak up all the moisture in your mouth and expand to though point you had to cough it out :lol:

Do they still make Angel Delight?

They were amazing, except the butterscotch ones which were rank.

I LOVE the butterscotch one. I have a packet sitting in my cupboard which a mate bought me a while ago after we'd been talking about it. It was only afterwards that I realised I had nothing to mix it properly with..... but another mate has just given me a cordless blender for my birthday. :lol:

PS. Fish finger sandwiches are still lush (smothered in ketchup), and the purple Calpol was great back in the day.

Malt loaf

Still do when it is available. :lol:

Some British ex-pat friends of mine lugged eight loaves of the stuff back to Germany with them the last time they were here. There's devotion, and then there's obsession...

I've managed to find a place that does Marmite now. :blush:

I used to get visitors to bring me Patak's curry pastes (until I found them in a decent Asia-Laden), chocolate Hobnobs and Monster Munch. Customs would have been perplexed, I'm sure...

Banana spread on toaas

Banana sandwiches

Coco Pops any time of day

Spoonfuls of brown sugar

Spoonfuls of golden syrup - my Mum told me it would keep the cold away (?!)

Toasted tuna mayonnaise sandwiches used to be my favourite, now probably not tasted tinned tuna in 15 years

Raw sausgaes

Me too.

And raw potatoes.

I used to pinch the odd raw chip when my Granny was making them. Which reminds me - finishing off the bowl of cake mixture. Lush.

Raw sausgaes

Me too.

And raw potatoes.

I used to pinch the odd raw chip when my Granny was making them. Which reminds me - finishing off the bowl of cake mixture. Lush.

I'm witcha there, bro. Luverly :lol::blush:

I went through a phase of my childhood of eating Milk of Magnesia tablets. I wouldn't go anywhere without a bottle on my person. I was eating them like tic-tacs.

Raw sausgaes

Me too.

And raw potatoes.

I'm witcha there, bro. Luverly :lol::blush:

I went through a phase of my childhood of eating Milk of Magnesia tablets. I wouldn't go anywhere without a bottle on my person. I was eating them like tic-tacs.

I used to like a glass of Andrew's Liver Salts. Wtf? Also a teaspoon of sugar and butter, which me Gran used to give me.

Candy Tabs :lol:

Wonder why they banned them.

Used to love Spam Fritters too. Also, school roast tetties.

Were they actually banned? They were nice and were linked to smoking in later life about as closely as eating roast dinners.

Candy Tabs :lol:

Wonder why they banned them.

Used to love Spam Fritters too. Also, school roast tetties.

Were they actually banned? They were nice and were linked to smoking in later life about as closely as eating roast dinners.

Aye. You could get Candy Sticks after they were though which were identical bar the pink food colouring at one end.

I used to have beanies from the chippy all the time, must be 12 or more years since I've had one. I've been told the only place that does them nearby is the chippy in Newburn, I so have to go and investigate that.