www.spurstastic.net

Douggy B

Tottenham Complete Move For PSV Eindhoven & Brazil International Gomes

Submitted by Jake Briggs on Thu, 2008-06-26 19:45. Tottenham Hotspur Premiership Transfer News

Tottenham Hotspur have completed the move to bring Brazilian International goalkeeper Heurelho Gómes to White Hart Lane, according to reports in Holland.

27-year old Gomes will leave Dutch Champions PSV Eindhoven to be part of Spurs boss Juande Ramos’ revolution at the Premier League club in a reported four-year deal.

Dutch sports magazine Voetbal International also report that the fee for Gomes is £7.1million(€9m), which is less than the £10million(€12.6m) that Spurs were reported to have agreed with PSV.

The Brazilian will replace England International Paul Robinson, who has fallen out of favour with Ramos, and is expected to complete a £5million switch to Aston Villa soon.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with PSV Eindhoven for the transfer of Heurelho Gomes to the Club, subject to the player agreeing personal terms, passing a medical examination and obtaining his work permit.

Goalkeeper Gomes, 27, a Brazilian international, was an ever-present member of PSV's title-winning squad last season, when he conceded only 24 goals in 34 league games.

He made his name at Cruzeiro in Brazil, debuting in 2002 before securing his move to Europe and PSV in 2004.

Since then, he has won four Dutch titles in succession with PSV, reaching the semi-finals of the Champions League in 2004-05.

Gomes will be no stranger to Spurs fans - he was outstanding in our UEFA Cup Round of 16 matches against PSV last season.

i wqas under the impression this was a newcastle forum :icon_lol:

You might try and bid for Robinson. 5 mil doesnt seem a massive amount to pay for an England international.

You might try and bid for Robinson. 5 mil doesnt seem a massive amount to pay for an England international.

We've already got two goalkeepers better than him so I don't see why we would do that.

We've already got two goalkeepers better than him so I don't see why we would do that.

From what I have been reading on here, Given is absolute rubbish.

Fuck off you'll not get a better keeper than Shay.

Given has been in poor form since his injury away to West Ham yes, but he's still got more class than Robinson.

Fuck off you'll not get a better keeper than Shay.

Fucking hell this board is a bit schizophrenic. When I suggested we might bid for him as a replacement for Robbo I was told we could have him by several on here.

Well thats their opinion but I don't agree with it at all. Given along with Shearer is one of our most loyal and consistent players. He had an injury that was likened to a fucking car crash and he was expected to turn into his best instantly. People slagging him off really grinds my gears.

Well thats their opinion but I don't agree with it at all. Given along with Shearer is one of our most loyal and consistent players. He had an injury that was likened to a fucking car crash and he was expected to turn into his best instantly. People slagging him off really grinds my gears.

Legend.

But doesn't deserve to start ahead of Harper at the moment.

Krul would start ahead of Robinson though.

Read the title as 'Robinson to leave on a free'

Levy doesnt do making a loss on players. Unfortunatly the price will be more than hes worth.

Guest Stevie
I was under the impression no-one cared. :icon_lol:

Wheres the green eyed monster smiley :icon_lol:

Look cunty, you know in your heart you will never be as big a club as we are in any way shape or form. So if a player isn't good enough for Tottenham, he's fuckin certainly not good enough for us, though not true the other way round - see Kevin Scott, Ruel Fox etc.. and finally this Gomes is totally shite, one shite keeper replaced by another, keep up the good work Santini.

Edited by Stevie

Guest Stevie

Secondly he's been awarded Keeper of the year by his fellow professionals THREE times, so what sort of football fan are you? You fucking spastic. You haven't got a clue, fuck off to the Synagogue or Twickenham where you belong.

Edited by Stevie

Look cunty, you know in your heart you will be as big a club as we are in any way shape or form. So if a player isn't good enough for Tottenham, he's fuckin certainly not good enough for us, though not true the other way round - see Kevin Scott, Ruel Fox etc.. and finally this Gomes is totally shite, one shite keeper replaced by another, keep up the good work Santini.

Ginola, Gazza, Ferdinand.

vs Stevie Carr.

As for big club, we could always compare trophies won?

Guest Stevie
In all seriousness, I always though he (Gomes) had a reputation as being quite a dodgy keeper.

He's absolutely shite, comes when he shouldn't come, stays when should come, he's a disaster. The fact that Dida has largely kept him out of the Brazil side for a length of time should tell you everything you need to know about this keeper.

Read the title as 'Robinson to leave on a free'

Levy doesnt do making a loss on players. Unfortunatly the price will be more than hes worth.

Why is a Tottenham mong commenting about anything? You're the most pathetic club in existance, arguably with the exception of Sunderland.

In all seriousness, I always though he (Gomes) had a reputation as being quite a dodgy keeper.

He's absolutely shite, comes when he shouldn't come, stays when should come, he's a disaster. The fact that Dida has largely kept him out of the Brazil side for a length of time should tell you everything you need to know about this keeper.

Dida hasn't played for Brazil since 2006 now.

Guest Stevie

Look cunty, you know in your heart you will be as big a club as we are in any way shape or form. So if a player isn't good enough for Tottenham, he's fuckin certainly not good enough for us, though not true the other way round - see Kevin Scott, Ruel Fox etc.. and finally this Gomes is totally shite, one shite keeper replaced by another, keep up the good work Santini.

Ginola, Gazza, Ferdinand.

vs Stevie Carr.

As for big club, we could always compare trophies won?

2 League Titles against 4 yes lets. No one counts League Cups apart from Oxford, Boro, Tottenham type clubs. Gazza left because of our draconian board, Les left in tears and always wanted to stay, and Ginola's house got burgled.