Debt Free Champions League

LeazesMag

whatever happened to these people just sorting out the draws for competitions etc?

Who is Platini to decide how clubs run themselves? its a business same as any other. If one computer company decides to go into debt to chase a massive contract then so be it, they wouldnt be penalised for doing it.

le wanker

Complete and utter bollocks, it's factors such as the CL which have seen football turned into a business and businesses carry debt, no big fucking deal.

It'd be interesting to see how much NUFC is technically 'in debt' to Mike Ashley.

whatever happened to these people just sorting out the draws for competitions etc?

Who is Platini to decide how clubs run themselves? its a business same as any other. If one computer company decides to go into debt to chase a massive contract then so be it, they wouldnt be penalised for doing it.

le wanker

Well (and I'm not saying this would work) I guess it's more to do with trying to level the playing field a bit. Wigan (or Leeds even) could never do what Man U can do or Chelsea (for different reasons).

Having said that it is hardly a new phenomena as some Spanish and Italian clubs have been using genuinely dodgy practices to fund themselves for many decades now.

does this mean european entry is going to be based on financial position instead of league position?

like instead of teams finishing in position 1 2 3 4 going into the champs league itll be teams 3 5 6 8?

what about uefa cup qualification? teams 9 11 12 14?

does this mean european entry is going to be based on financial position instead of league position?

like instead of teams finishing in position 1 2 3 4 going into the champs league itll be teams 3 5 6 8?

what about uefa cup qualification? teams 9 11 12 14?

I think that's it exactly.

In some form such a rule will come into play sooner or later.

Of corse in the short term that might result in less of the "same as every year" prestigous european clubs taking part, but for the longterm it can only be GOOD for the whole game, all clubs & fans.

and a final word. I don't care if it violents any current laws from the EU or whatsoever.

Complete and utter bollocks, it's factors such as the CL which have seen football turned into a business and businesses carry debt, no big fucking deal.

It'd be interesting to see how much NUFC is technically 'in debt' to Mike Ashley.

exactly.

Then the usual swipe follows which completely contradicts yourself.

Debt free business or Champions League football ?

Platini has bee spot on about practically every issue so far IMO.

Sounds like you're clearly living in some sort of parallel universe tbh

Well you're never going to agree with something that may hurt Man U are you. <_<

In some form such a rule will come into play sooner or later.

Of corse in the short term that might result in less of the "same as every year" prestigous european clubs taking part, but for the longterm it can only be GOOD for the whole game, all clubs & fans.

and a final word. I don't care if it violents any current laws from the EU or whatsoever.

It's pretty much obscene and I'm just waiting to see the first club to win the CL carrying a billion pounds of debt...Cause that is where it is leading if some parity or sensible measures aren't put in place. At the heart of a lot of MP stuff is the ideal of making footie more competitive and to keep in touch at least on some levels with the grassroots.

Players getting paid £5m a year doesn't make the game more of a spectacle and that player is no better than his counterpart in the past who got paid £1/2m a year, or the obscene transfer fees..Some of the money changing hands for average players is laughable. Even if small things can be done to move the game a little away from money and more towards real competition the better. 100% behind Platini on this debt thing.

exactly.

As I said before, it's not black and white, certain levels of manageable debt are fine, what we had when Ashley took over was not manageable.

exactly.

As I said before, it's not black and white, certain levels of manageable debt are fine, what we had when Ashley took over was not manageable.

Well, the stadium debt was well structured and financed, all the experts have said this. If you are talking about cutting the wage bill, then cutting wages of current players is not the way to go, and neither is allowing the best players to go elsewhere for more money. Catch 22 , in the real world. Do you want Champions League football or not ?

exactly.

Well, the stadium debt was well structured and financed, all the experts have said this. If you are talking about cutting the wage bill, then cutting wages of current players is not the way to go, and neither is allowing the best players to go elsewhere for more money. Catch 22 , in the real world. Do you want Champions League football or not ?

Clearly losing £1m every month was the right way to go <_<

exactly.

Why don't you ask that to the fans of Leeds Utd? Things had spiralled out of control under Freddy, surely you'll agree that we had (and still have) too many average players on huge, undeserved wages. We were heading for a meltdown, we would've been forced to sell players at huge knock downs because of their wages and I really dread to think what would've happened after that.

exactly.

Why don't you ask that to the fans of Leeds Utd? Things had spiralled out of control under Freddy, surely you'll agree that we had (and still have) too many average players on huge, undeserved wages. We were heading for a meltdown, we would've been forced to sell players at huge knock downs because of their wages and I really dread to think what would've happened after that.

Leeds, Leeds, blah blah blah. I'd rather ask fans of Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Manu thanks.

The interesting point about "average players" - or maybe not interesting anymore at all - is that you STILL after all this time fail to realise that signing "average" players is the fault of the manager not the board who are simply backing their appointment. And we haven't had such a disastrous last 15 years for the money anyway. I've nowt against "getting moneys worth" but who exactly do you think is going to make this judgement BEFORE signing the players. I presume you do think that Ashley will trust his own managerial appointments or do you think he will veto Keegans signings if he isn't happy with them ?

One minute these signings are "average" players, the next they are "trophy" players. Make your mind up.

Edited by LeazesMag

As I have said countless times in the past, I'm not going to get into a discussion with you on the old board as we all know your steadfast views. All I will say is that when Ashley took over the club out debt was nearing unmanageable status, simple as that.

As I have said countless times in the past, I'm not going to get into a discussion with you on the old board as we all know your steadfast views. All I will say is that when Ashley took over the club out debt was nearing unmanageable status, simple as that.

its not about the old board, its about the new board

Season tickets and signings going well aren't they ?