1st signing OFFICIAL!

Park Life

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...1337343,00.html

ARGENTINA international Jonas Gutierrez has become Newcastle United's first signing of the summer.

The right-sided attacker joins the Magpies from Spanish outfit RCD Mallorca on a five-year deal for an undisclosed fee.

Gutierrez has the nickname "Spiderman" for wearing the superhero's webbed mask during flamboyant goal celebrations.

And the move to St. James' Park comes as a perfect birthday present for the wide player, who turns 25 on Saturday.

Jonas said: "I cannot tell you how excited I am to be joining Newcastle United.

"The Premier League is a great place to play and I cannot wait to meet my new team-mates and prove myself to the Newcastle United fans."

United boss Kevin Keegan added: "Jonas is a wonderful signing for us.

"I know a lot of other clubs have been interested in him. He'll be a terrific addition to the squad.

"He's an exciting player and I'm sure our fans will enjoy watching him."

Jonas began his career with Velez Sarsfield in his native Argentina, helping the club win the Primera Division title in 2005 before moving to Spain.

He won his first cap against France in February 2007. Most recently, he played for his country on June 18 in a 0-0 World Cup qualifying draw away to Brazil in Belo Horizonte.

As a result, Jonas will now have a break before linking up with his new colleagues for pre-season training later this month.

United fans will be able to see Jonas in action in the pre-season friendlies against PSV Eindhoven (August 6) and Valencia (August 9) at St. James' Park.

Jonás Gutiérrez

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Jonás Gutiérrez

Personal information

Full name Jonás Manuel Gutiérrez

Date of birth July 5, 1983 (1983-07-05) (age 24)

Place of birth Roque Sáenz Peña, Argentina

Height 1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)

Playing position Winger

Club information

Current club Newcastle United

Number Unknown

Youth clubs

Vélez Sársfield

Senior clubs1

Years Club App (Gls)*

2001–2005

2005–2008

2008- Vélez Sársfield

RCD Mallorca

Newcastle United 97 (1)

96 (5)

National team2

2007- Argentina 2 (0)

1 Senior club appearances and goals

counted for the domestic league only and

correct as of 4 May 2008.

2 National team caps and goals correct

as of 14:29, 19 May 2007 (UTC).

* Appearances (Goals)

Jonás Gutiérrez (born July 5, 1983, in Roque Sáenz Peña, Buenos Aires Province, Argentina) is an Argentine football winger.

He played for Vélez Sársfield in Argentina between 2001 and 2005. The highlight of his Vélez career was being part of the team that won the Primera Division Argentina Clausura Tournament in 2005.

After winning the title in 2005 he signed with RCD Mallorca, where he currently plays.

He earned his first cap against France, February 2007. He often celebrates his goals by putting on a Spiderman mask and going crazy[1]

On July 1st 2008, Jonás Gutiérrez unilaterally rescinded his contract with the Spanish side, after calling FIFA's Article 17, most commonly know as "Webster Law". As a result, the club is know demanding a 15 million euros compensation.

On July 2nd 2008 , Newcastle United confirmed it had signed the winger on a five year deal

[edit] Titles

Season Club Title

Clausura 2005 Vélez Sársfield Primera Division Argentina

[edit] References

^ Video of Spiderman celebration

[edit] External links

Career Details at National Football Teams

Lennon. :rolleyes:

This is the propa thing baby. Read it and weep. :wub:

No offence but I am not going to be getting too worried just yet.

Fair game though, your off the mark and that is deffo a KK signing.

On July 1st 2008, Jonás Gutiérrez unilaterally rescinded his contract with the Spanish side, after calling FIFA's Article 17, most commonly know as "Webster Law". As a result, the club is know demanding a 15 million euros compensation.

Aye aye :rolleyes:

Looks like a cheeky edit to me.

Webster Law = Spider Man.

Bad spelling...

Looks like a cheeky edit to me.

Webster Law = Spider Man.

Bad spelling...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...tic/5233096.stm