Skjelbred keen on Newcastle

khay

Rosenborg midfielder Per Ciljan Skjelbred would be open to a move to Newcastle United, according to the player's advisor.

The 21-year-old impressed during last season's UEFA Champions League group stages and has reportedly caught the eye of a number of European clubs.

Newcastle are among those sides linked with the Norway international, but Skjelbred's advisor has explained he has yet to receive an approach from the St James' Park club.

Andreas Ekker said: "All the clubs from the big leagues have been watching him.

Very ambitious

"So far what I can say is that nobody from Newcastle has come to me. There has been no contact in that way yet.

"He is very ambitious, and if Newcastle came to us with an offer, then we would have to seriously consider it.

"We would look at the total package they would offer us, including how the coach would use him.

"We know there are several clubs interested that have watched him at both club and international level, but nobody has come in with a concrete bid."

Rosenborg midfielder Per Ciljan Skjelbred would be open to a move to Newcastle United, according to the player's advisor.

The 21-year-old impressed during last season's UEFA Champions League group stages and has reportedly caught the eye of a number of European clubs.

Newcastle are among those sides linked with the Norway international, but Skjelbred's advisor has explained he has yet to receive an approach from the St James' Park club.

Andreas Ekker said: "All the clubs from the big leagues have been watching him.

Very ambitious

"So far what I can say is that nobody from Newcastle has come to me. There has been no contact in that way yet.

"He is very ambitious, and if Newcastle came to us with an offer, then we would have to seriously consider it.

"We would look at the total package they would offer us, including how the coach would use him.

"We know there are several clubs interested that have watched him at both club and international level, but nobody has come in with a concrete bid."

read somewhere that he supported Newcastle as a child as well. lets see if we can not do a berbatov this time.

Being from Norway and all, I've seen and even met the bloke at our game vs. Lillestrøm. Hes been a Newcastle fan his entire life, his entire family infact B) We could do a lot worse than to grab this lad. Without a doubt one of the better midfielders in Norway.

As I've said before, I'd rather chance my arm on a few Scandi's, and central/eastern Europeans than the sulky French, lazy Spanish and disinterested Italians we've imported in the past.

I get what you're saying but Maric and Rozenhal spring to mind.

As I've said before, I'd rather chance my arm on a few Scandi's, and central/eastern Europeans than the sulky French, lazy Spanish and disinterested Italians we've imported in the past.

I get what you're saying but Maric and Rozenhal spring to mind.

Maric was shite pretty much whereever he played though and rozehnal was to lightweight to be a prem centre half, I'd say that players from those countries would still have a better chance of adapting to the climate quicker/better than the europeans from hotter countries

• 1 month later...
Am hearing whispers we are back in for this lad.

Anyone else heard oot?

I always hear things... ;)

Oh about skjelbred? nah but id like it to come off though, talented young lad and probably would suit the PL

What whispers you heard lazarus mate?