What is the crappiest city you've visited in England?

Torres

Dublin in that list that Torres linked to is at 25, fook me B)

That`s what I thought too ... must be a mistake. Public transport is wank, health is horrid, food is gash, criminality is rife, corruption is rampant and you can't find a waste bin to save your life. Good boozing and floozies though!

And theres a giant needle in the middle of O'Connell Street :blush:

I've never liked Dublin, spend time in it almost every day. Its expensive, dirty in places, and just not worth the over inflated prices for everything (€5-6.00 for a pint in places). And whats worse now is that we're supposedly in recession, so a lot of housing developments are being left only half finished, making it look a whole lot worse. Give me my shitty little border town any day :blush:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh definitely got some rough as bugger locals, but more and more it's trading on it's student-ness, it's also reported to be one the countries centres for finance and for law. The centre itself has gone through some genuine redevelopment. I'd seriously recommend it as a place to live and as Tom says, it's a very very good night out.

Headingly is one of the best student areas I've ever been.

I think so long as you are City Center for Leeds you're doing ok.

Plus The Cockpit is awesome for live music. B)

That`s what I thought too ... must be a mistake. Public transport is wank, health is horrid, food is gash, criminality is rife, corruption is rampant and you can't find a waste bin to save your life. Good boozing and floozies though!

I've never liked Dublin, spend time in it almost every day. Its expensive, dirty in places, and just not worth the over inflated prices for everything (€5-6.00 for a pint in places). And whats worse now is that we're supposedly in recession, so a lot of housing developments are being left only half finished, making it look a whole lot worse. Give me my shitty little border town any day :blush:

I've visited a good few times and like it a lot. The part 'outside Dublin' is fantastic despite a few shortcomings. Considered moving there for a while but just couldn't hack the climate.

I've visited a good few times and like it a lot. The part 'outside Dublin' is fantastic despite a few shortcomings. Considered moving there for a while but just couldn't hack the climate.

What part 'outside Dublin' do you mean?

I liked Dublin when I went there, obviously I only saw the main part of the city, but I really liked some of the buildings located around the city. That giant needle is a fucking mess like I'll agree with that.

I loved Dublin when I was there but I was staying with my Cousin in what looked like a reasonably posh flat. We had a really good time around the place, Temple Bar was a decent place.

A few places I seen were quite rought, the station for a start!

I suppose its different when you visit Dublin and stay in the city centre etc. you don't know what really goes on, shootings almost nightly in the outskirts.

They're knocking down the old Guinness Brewery now as well. I think they will have to keep part of it, for a museum etc. but Guinness are moving their operations to a new site on the outskirts. The Harp Lager brewery in my town is being closed too B)

I hate Dublin. I work in the city centre, but get out of there during lunch etc, as I just can't stand the place.

Temple Bar can be ok, T-Keith, but it's probably comparable to the Bigg Market, or the Printworks in Manchester. There's a comparable area in Liverpool too. It's basically where all the hen and stag parties gather. Can be a bit overwhelming.

Edited by Barney

I hate Dublin. I work in the city centre, but get out of there during lunch etc, as I just can't stand the place.

Temple Bar can be ok, T-Keith, but it's probably comparable to the Bigg Market, or the Printworks in Manchester. There's a comparable area in Liverpool too. It's basically where all the hen and stag parties gather. Can be a bit overwhelming.

I agree about Temple Bar like, didn't really like it at all.

What part 'outside Dublin' do you mean?

The rest of the country! :)

I haven't stayed a night in Dublin in years, I refuse to go and pay ridiculous prices when an equally good time can be had in the west side of the country for a lot less.

I have to say, I've always enjoyed Liverpool when I've been..even though on my first visit I was chased halfway round the place by some lovely local lads when the heard mine and my mates accent.

I find Birmingham pretty depressing..wouldn't say it was a shit hole..it's just a bit of a concrete jungle.

I have to say, I've always enjoyed Liverpool when I've been..even though on my first visit I was chased halfway round the place by some lovely local lads when the heard mine and my mates accent.

I find Birmingham pretty depressing..wouldn't say it was a shit hole..it's just a bit of a concrete jungle.

Did you meet their mate Stanley by any chance? B)

Bradford is a complete dive. I've never had the misfortune of going to places like Birmingham or Leicester thankfully, but if I had, they'd doubtless be up there. I also think Nottingham is shit from what I've seen, though some people seem to reckon it's alright, for some reason.

Bristol and Sheffield are also candidates; I feel the former should be donated to Wales.

wrexham is also shite and ellesmere port is like a small Boro only full of plastic scousers fookin horrid place

You've reminded me that Chester is a shit hole.

Edited by W.L

Luton was pretty bad when I went there a few years ago, we were like the only white people walking through the city from the train station, the groups of hoodies on every corner didn't make me feel any safer...

Luton was pretty bad when I went there a few years ago, we were like the only white people walking through the city from the train station, the groups of hoodies on every corner didn't make me feel any safer...

Luton is quite possibly the worst place I have ever set foot in.

Bradistan (aka Bradford) is an absolute shithole like.

Most of the big cities are both nice and grotty at the same time, its pretty difficult to have such a big place and have the whole place paved with gold.