The Geordie Vision...

Deano

We all look forward to the new season with great anticipation, reading the newspapers, browsing the websites, watching skysports news just to get an idea of what players are going where and who we are in the hunt for.

Keeping a close eyes on our competitors and druelling with the prospect of a prosperous season.

We have had a few dire seasons lately, maybe we've been over expectant, a little impatient or downright delusional, but after last season which in many way's was a season of massive upheavel, transition and underachievment i genuinly feel we can look forward to next season with great positivity.

We have a decent squad, a young squad, we have an ambitous manager and with the support from the owner we can mount a challenge on top six and look forward to europe again in the forseeable future. After all we ARE the biggest club outside the top four. We all were dissapointed on missing out on modric but the lure of london lights is nothing to be disheartened by. We have a great stadium, great fans and when we hit the bigtime again there will be no better to be.

I look forward to this season and my vision is this:

• Finish in top 6
    Turn St James into a fortress again....win 80% home games 15 out of 19 = 45 Points
    Become hard to beat away from home
    Groom and develope youth players with 1st team football (Tozer, LuaLua, Kadar,Carrol)
    Re-claim the entertainers tag we once prided ourselves with

In...

Jonas Gutierrez

Eren Derdiyok

Pablo Aimar

Anton Ferdinand

Per Cjin Skjelbred

Line ups.

Given

Beye Taylor Ferdinand Enrique

Jonas Barton Aimar N'Zobgia

Owen Martins

Given

Beye Taylor Ferdinand Enrique

Jonas Aimar N'Zogbia

Owen

Derdiyok Martins

Use Tozer as backup LB, Kadar and Faye as backup for CB, Butt used in tough away games, Skjelbred eased in, Duff as backup LW, Milner backup RW, Derdiyok eased in, Smith,Viduka and Carrol as backup FWD

Pretty rosy i think!! B)

Ferdinand and Taylor at CB. B)

Well green i know mate but they are good mates and do a stirling job for u21's obviously you want an experienced centre half in themix to but theres a distinct lack of quality out there.

Well green i know mate but they are good mates and do a stirling job for u21's obviously you want an experienced centre half in themix to but theres a distinct lack of quality out there.

¿wat?

It's a nice idea Geordie Lad, but I have issues with a few things.

In the first paragraph you make mention to delusion, and yet you're hoping to turn SJP into a fortress and win 15 of our 19 home games. We didn't even finish in the top half of the table last season and our squad isn't going to change enough to make your hope anywhere near realistic. I'd be happy with taking points from 15 of our home games, let alone winning them all.

Don't rate Anton Ferdinand at all. He's error prone and hot-headed. Reminds me of another U21 central defender that we've already got on the books.

I think it's too much to ask too quickly, just having keegan for a full season will give us a true gauge on where we are. i think a finish between 8th-10th isn't unreasonable, but so much can still happen this summer in terms of us getting bodies in. owen keeping fit will have a huge bearing on the type of season we have.

Nice sentiment, no reason to flame such optimism. However I have always seen the bookies as a very good gauge. IMO Allardyce had a good squad (and he actually added some class players to it to be fair), it's just a pity he was a twat. Keegan just needs a couple more players and some luck on the injury front to put things right next season.

A season without bust ups, random takeover rumours, and general malaise would be nice.

I feel we have a reasonably good squad with a few thats surplus to requirements shipped out and a few quality players drafted in but whats the general opinion on where we need to stregnthen?

With Freddy coming shoutin to the terraces that we are defensively covered that we need more attacking players and with Malbranques and lennons names shouted about maybe he isnt just wanting strikers?

I feel we need one out and out striker and a young talent to get involved partially...but do we need attacking midfielders?

Rumour has it milner may stay to rotate with nobby on the right, charlie looks more than capable of building his already swelly reputation with the fans we are sorted down the left with Emre and young matty patterson and alan o'brien to come...

Parker in the middle with who though?

What do you guys think...

4 or 5 comitted and talented lads a bit more hard work and a top five beckons....

DIRK KUYT NUMBER NINE!!!

:D:o