Babayaro

Tino asprilla

Portsmouth take Babayaro on trial

Celestine Babayaro

Babayaro played just 45 minutes for LA Galaxy

Portsmouth have taken former Newcastle United and Chelsea full-back Celestine Babayaro on trial.

The 29-year-old was released by the Magpies in December 2007 following a series of lengthy injuries.

Since leaving Newcastle the Nigerian had a brief spell at LA Galaxy, but played just 45 minutes in a friendly.

Pompey have also tied down reserve goalkeeper Asmir Begovic until 2011 after the Bosnian-born 21-year-old agreed a new three-year-deal.

Meanwhile, Portsmouth have established an official link with top-flight Belgian side Zulte-Waregem.

As part of the agreement Pompey players can be loaned out to the Jupiler League club to gain first-team experience.

"We wanted to link up with a side at a decent level," Portsmouth's director of youth operations Paul Hart told the club website.

"We have our own coach in as part of the link-up, so it really is a no-lose situation for us."

Zulte-Waregem have only operated as a club since 2001 following a merger between Zultse V.V. and K.S.V. Waregem but two years ago they reached the last 32 of the UEFA Cup, where they were knocked out 4-1 on aggregate by Newcastle.

"The link gives us an option to use the club for non-EU players, so it opens the world up for us in that respect," Hart added.

"Of course, it works as a feeder system as well. If we feel we have players we can loan, then there is an option for us to do that."

Pompey's academy head to Scandinavia in late July where they will play Danish sides Brondby and Odense BK and Swedish outfit Halmstad.

what are they thinking?!

Edited by MattM4

Who's his agent? Not that I'd be making accusations that Redknapp could make some money from signing him, not me, no way.

willie mckay innit ? maybe wrong , but babayaro's carear echo's that of mckays clients :D

Who's his agent? Not that I'd be making accusations that Redknapp could make some money from signing him, not me, no way.

willie mckay innit ? maybe wrong , but babayaro's carear echo's that of mckays clients :D

You're not wrong. Innit.

It baffles me how the Premiership career of someone so shit lasted so long.

And now this, oh dear.

Nothing new ... take Paul Robinson for example - who even won international caps - while making a first class tool out of himself.

I thought that as well, but of course good 'ol Harry will be one million percent innocent of any accusations like that.

Should count our blessings really, wouldn't have been that long ago we were scrabbling around for garbage like him.

innit!

INNIT!?!

I could eviscerate.

hold on a sec, just where the fuck do some of you think you come from ? and does bitching get you off? never been pulled up so much by the grammer and word police in my life than on this fucking forum . you feel the need to go on like that when your out for a pint with mates ?

innit!

INNIT!?!

I could eviscerate.

hold on a sec, just where the fuck do some of you think you come from ? and does bitching get you off? never been pulled up so much by the grammer and word police in my life than on this fucking forum . you feel the need to go on like that when your out for a pint with mates ?

I have no idea why! :D

innit!

INNIT!?!

I could eviscerate.

Its just Fish man, nick his monocle and hes fucked :D

innit!

INNIT!?!

I could eviscerate.

:o

innit!

INNIT!?!

I could eviscerate.

'pint with his mates' is questionable too... "blazer-boy" styled his life on the old QC sherry ads in the late 80s :o

And now this, oh dear.

Nothing new ... take Paul Robinson for example - who even won international caps - while making a first class tool out of himself.

He's a fat, useless chump, but Babayaro is abysmal almost beyond words, yet was at one point Chelsea's longest serving player in their squad at the time.

innit!

INNIT!?!

I could eviscerate.

Where am I from?

England mate, that's why I can speak and write, English. :o

and if one of my mates said "innit" I'd punch him in the tongue. :D

And now this, oh dear.

He's a fat, useless chump, but Babayaro is abysmal almost beyond words, yet was at one point Chelsea's longest serving player in their squad at the time.

ahhhh Baba, I thought we were still talking Fish :D