Ashley rejects sales talk

Wavey Davey

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Times:

"Ashley, who bought the club 14 months ago for £137 million, also denied rumours that he is a Tottenham Hotspur supporter. “It's not true,” he said. “I absolutely hate Spurs and always have done.”

:icon_lol:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle4312304.ece

:D Go on there Kashley lad, hates the moslems and the kikes!

Edited by trophyshy

From the Times:

"Ashley, who bought the club 14 months ago for £137 million, also denied rumours that he is a Tottenham Hotspur supporter. “It's not true,” he said. “I absolutely hate Spurs and always have done.”

:icon_lol:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle4312304.ece

That is one of the best (if not the) best quote from someone associated with Newcastle.

He is my fave person now. ASHLEY! :D

The only thing that concerns me a little with this 'Ashley looking for backers' thing is does that mean Ashley's not wanting to spend much in the transfer side of things? Are we really strapped for cash?

I don't think it's that we're strapped for cash, the noise he's making seems to be that he wants more investment.

I don't think it's that we're strapped for cash, the noise he's making seems to be that he wants more investment.

That's not good news IMO.

The bloke's a BILLIONAIRE ffs. He's pissing us about.

He didnt get that way by pissing his money up walls though :icon_lol:

(no, he got it pissing it away on roulette wheels)

W4ell aye he's a billionaire, but it makes sense not to have all your eggs in one basket. I'd rather two people with a combined fortune of, say, 7 Billion, rather than one bloke. If that bloke's other business goes horribly horribly wrong he could start cutting costs, or looking at the football as a way of raping money from customers. It's just prudent financial planning if you ask me.

I think he wants to spend more time dawn sarf but would be more inclined to do so if he had someone based up here who actually has a financial interest in the club, therefore they'd be less likely to piss money up the wall in his absence.

He'll be getting on for £300M in the hole if we spend a few bob this summer.

He's 'only' a £1.6billionaire isn't he? And his Sports direct has had a shit year.

Throwing away a fifth of your wealth has got to be a bit risky going into a recession.

Perhaps if he'd known about the full extent of the debts when he bought, he'd have been able to push the boat out himself, Seems to me like he's doing the best thing for the club if he brings in someone who can invest big in the team.

Sounds to me that he was a bit naive in buying the club, its only just occured to him how expensive it is to run a club of our size and stature. He obviously is tight with his cash, thus being why he's been successfull and now he's haveing to outlay some hard cash he doesnt like it.

Hardly fills me with confidence that we've only signed one player on a free and seem dorment in the transfer market......something strange about this situation.

Sounds to me that he was a bit naive in buying the club, its only just occured to him how expensive it is to run a club of our size and stature. He obviously is tight with his cash, thus being why he's been successfull and now he's haveing to outlay some hard cash he doesnt like it.

Hardly fills me with confidence that we've only signed one player on a free and seem dorment in the transfer market......something strange about this situation.

I have no doubts we're active in the transfer market. Just because the press don't talk doesn't mean we're not making in roads.

He's 'only' a £1.6billionaire isn't he? And his Sports direct has had a shit year.

Throwing away a fifth of your wealth has got to be a bit risky going into a recession.

Yeah he better be careful or he'l need to sign on :icon_lol:

I have no doubts we're active in the transfer market. Just because the press don't talk doesn't mean we're not making in roads.

Well this is true, but the fact that we've missed out on a few prospects is worrying, especially a highly rated french lad who decided to go to the fookin smoggies ffs......somethings just not right here. I hope im wrong and we are lining up a few signings on the quiet.......ooooah how i dream of signin seb larsson and leroy lita :icon_lol:

Well this is true, but the fact that we've missed out on a few prospects is worrying, especially a highly rated french lad who decided to go to the fookin smoggies ffs......somethings just not right here. I hope im wrong and we are lining up a few signings on the quiet.......ooooah how i dream of signin seb larsson and leroy lita :icon_lol:

He turned down us, Pompy and Monaco to go to the Smoggies, which tells me something isn't quite right there. I think his agent is McKay too which makes his decision look even more dodgy.

The newspapers linked us to everyone bar Gutierrez and without any warning the signing was just announced out of the blue. The 'papers clearly no bugger all so there's no point in worrying avout the silence unless our squad is still ropey as fuck come the start of the season.

Yeah he better be careful or he'l need to sign on :icon_lol:

I wouldn't put a fifth of MY wealth into the club and I ain't worth shit.

[/soopafan status]

He turned down us, Pompy and Monaco to go to the Smoggies, which tells me something isn't quite right there. I think his agent is McKay too which makes his decision look even more dodgy.

The newspapers linked us to everyone bar Gutierrez and without any warning the signing was just announced out of the blue. The 'papers clearly no bugger all so there's no point in worrying avout the silence unless our squad is still ropey as fuck come the start of the season.

You've got to remember, telling the Smoggies he turned down Newcastle will endear him to them. I don't know if we made an offer that matched Boro's but I'll take the quote with a pinch of salt.