Mock the Week

The Fish

Is it the best quiz show on tv at the minute? It's just bloody brilliant. Certainly on a par with QI and Never mind the Buzzcocks, 8 out of 10 cats is occasioanlly top rate, but Mock the Week is fucking ace.

What was that really sick one that Frankie Boyle came out with about half way through? - he had two last night that really made me laugh - the latter being the pregnant bloke blowing his cock off.

Edit: just iPlayered it - it was the one about there being nothing on the internet he wouldn't masturbate to.

Edited by NJS

What was that really sick one that Frankie Boyle came out with about half way through? - he had two last night that really made me laugh - the latter being the pregnant bloke blowing his cock off.

Edit: just iPlayered it - it was the one about there being nothing on the internet he wouldn't masturbate to.

When talking about the video on u-tube of Saddam Hussein's execution.

The program was excellent last night - even Russell Watson wasn't too bad.

:icon_lol:

You mean Russel Howard

not Russell Watson

, right?

Also, Lucy Porter...

bt-comedy-117.jpg

you would like, wouldn't you

I wouldn't mind hanging out the back of her

32909153bl4.gif

I like Mock the Week but whilst it is very funny, it's not very satirical. Depends what you're after, but it doesn't have the edge that The Now Show has or that Have I Got News For You used to have, instead choosing to regard current affairs as a hilarious joke. Ironically, I find that the latter two are funnier as the jokes are used to make a point.

I like Mock the Week but whilst it is very funny, it's not very satirical. Depends what you're after, but it doesn't have the edge that The Now Show has or that Have I Got News For You used to have, instead choosing to regard current affairs as a hilarious joke. Ironically, I find that the latter two are funnier as the jokes are used to make a point.

I did feel a bit queasy as they joked about Zimabwe and the killing there with no hint of criticism whatsoever...In fact only with withering contempt for the British government.

:icon_lol:

You mean Russel Howard

not Russell Watson

, right?

Russell Watson might be funnier tbf. Always disappointed when I see him on or that 'Look at me, I'm black! I'm black' bint.

Hate Gina Yashere, she's a no-talent hack who relies on the fact she's black and a woman to get anywhere in the circuit.

Russell Howard is very very funny, he suffers a bit by being the third funniest comedian on there. Behind the shocking Frankie Boyle and the acerbic Hugh Dennis, his comedy seems juvenile and "wacky" which turns a lot of people off.

It's best when it's those three, David Mitchell and John Oliver and while I'm not his biggest fan, Andy Parsons is a decent panellist.

Reginald D Hunter would be decent, maybe Jarred Christmas and Al Pitcher too, but I don't think they've done enough tv to get such a good gig.

Hate Gina Yashere, she's a no-talent hack who relies on the fact she's black and a woman to get anywhere in the circuit.

Russell Howard is very very funny, he suffers a bit by being the third funniest comedian on there. Behind the shocking Frankie Boyle and the acerbic Hugh Dennis, his comedy seems juvenile and "wacky" which turns a lot of people off.

It's best when it's those three, David Mitchell and John Oliver and while I'm not his biggest fan, Andy Parsons is a decent panellist.

Reginald D Hunter would be decent, maybe Jarred Christmas and Al Pitcher too, but I don't think they've done enough tv to get such a good gig.

I don't hate Gina Yashere but she does get on Mock The Week as its a programme almost exclusively made up of white blokes so she ticks two boxes in one go for them, but she just isn't funny enough to justify being on there as all she does is shout and do an angry nigerian voice usually as her mother!

But most of the women they have on it can't match the blokes to be fair, they just get lost in the mix and their standup bits can really struggle. Jo Brand is one of the few who matches the guys, thats why she frequently appears on all the panel shows going.

But i'm a big fan of the programme, Dara is always good value, Frankie is class and will say anything, i also like Dennis, PArsons and Howard and quite a few of the regular guests they have, but like you i like to see David Mitchell on as often as possible. John Oliver hasn't been on for ages now, i'm guessing as he's busy in the USA appearing on John Stewart's show.