Zog Off

JawD

Newcastle United winger Charles N'Zogbia has declared his interest in signing for Arsenal or Tottenham Hotspur.

The Frenchman has been linked with a move away from St James' Park following reports that he is unsettled on Tyneside.

N'Zogbia, who started 27 Premier League matches last season, has four years remaining on his current deal.

However, the 22-year-old has revealed that he will hold talks with manager Kevin Keegan to discuss his future at the club.

Dream

N'Zogbia told France Football: "At the end of last season I didn't play a lot, so that has given me desire to play somewhere else. When I will talk with the coach it will be clearer. My priority is to play.

"I have dreamt about Arsenal since I was kid. I would be delighted to join the Gunners. It is a famous team that has big coverage in France. But Tottenham is exciting too.

"I have never played in Ligue 1. That could be an experience in my career. But frankly, it is not my current priority. I am playing in one of the best leagues in the world. And I feel a little like at home here."

Fair enough comments from him really and nothing I suppose most of us didnt expect. Though, Id rather he said "At the end of last season I didn't play a lot, so that has given me desire to work harder and force my way back into the team".

Maybe a mix of bright lights and I can understand the Arsenal attraction for a young french lad. He isnt saying he wants out, but that he will talk to KK on his future.

Can't argue with his point of view, he didn't get a lot of games last season and perhaps should have. Wouldn't want him to go to anyone in the Premiership as I rate him, he was to leave I'd want a fairly big fee and I'd want him to go abroad.

I can see his point of view, he could have thrived in the midfield three we were playing at the end of the season. from KK's point of view though how could he change a team that kept winning. with our squad as it stand's, i'd see n'zogbia in the starting XI no problem and we haven't really seen him play since keegan's return for one reason or another. if kev can rejuvenate to some degree barton and geremi, imagine what he could do with zog who actually has talent.

we hold all the cards anyway with his contract situation, but if we were to let him go could we replace with someone better for a similar fee.

Hang on guys, hold fire... isn't this just a re-hash of what has already been reported in the past? I get the sneaking feeling that seeing as the club have quashed all the other guff the press have been trying to peddle about Ashley selling up they're now looking for something else to stir up unrest. To be honest unless there's a television interview or a deal done then I don't believe anything the media come out with.

Hang on guys, hold fire... isn't this just a re-hash of what has already been reported in the past? I get the sneaking feeling that seeing as the club have quashed all the other guff the press have been trying to peddle about Ashley selling up they're now looking for something else to stir up unrest. To be honest unless there's a television interview or a deal done then I don't believe anything the media come out with.

Thats what i was thinking, I'm sure I've read that exact story word for word, at some point in the past.

"I've always loved Arsenal. And Tottenham." Fuck off Charles you whinging french twat, do you think I came down in the last shower?

I'd rather he went than listen to this shit. Shame because he is/was one of the few bright spots, everything went through him v Everton last day of the season.

As long as we get a decent price, fine.

I'm sure he'd love to go to Arsenal but I'm far from sure that they would have any interest at all in him.

He has some ability but not as much as he thinks and he shows no consistency at all. If he goes he goes I wouldn't miss the whinging twat.

• 2 weeks later...
i hope he stays. i don't see us bringing in anyone better than him so far tbf

Zogs problem is his attitude, he can turn up and play brilliantly or he can simply not turn up (I'm hoping that hes young and KK can sort out that attitude)

Zogs problem is his attitude, he can turn up and play brilliantly or he can simply not turn up (I'm hoping that hes young and KK can sort out that attitude)

I really can't remember the last time he played brilliantly.

Probably already have done tbf.

who? guthrie or the argie bargie?

Wouldn't be surprised if the latter were better than N'Zogbia. Mainly of the basis N'Zogbia has done nothing for about 2 years rather than anything I know about the new bloke. Although I'm guessing someone with 20 caps (or whatever it is) for Argentina is better out wide than a player who can't even get a game in his favoured position for the French U21 team.

Probably already have done tbf.

who? guthrie or the argie bargie?

Wouldn't be surprised if the latter were better than N'Zogbia. Mainly of the basis N'Zogbia has done nothing for about 2 years rather than anything I know about the new bloke. Although I'm guessing someone with 20 caps (or whatever it is) for Argentina is better out wide than a player who can't even get a game in his favoured position for the French U21 team.

i hope you're right. i still wouldn't get rid of n'zognia mind. he was inconsinstent last year but he was often starting at full back or coming off the bench. he's a player with genuine pace and the ability to skin a defender - a rare commodity in our squad - and on that basis i'd do all we can to keep him.