How much money

LeazesMag

we view the position we were in differently then.souness wasn't my first choice,infact one of the main reasons i wasn't calling for robsons head was that i couldnt think of who to replace him(realistically).

he's made some bad decisions regarding tactics etc but has brought in some very good players,now he has to make it work,then i'll decide.

at blackburn you know they say his team that finished 6th played attacking attractive football and was built out of a relegated team.

i'm prepared to wait and see,one major reason why is there is still a big problem of who would replace him(although we all know who it will be)

we view the position we were in  differently then.souness wasn't my first choice,infact one of the main reasons i wasn't calling for robsons head was that i couldnt think of who to replace him(realistically).

he's made some bad decisions regarding tactics etc but has brought in some very good players,now he has to make it work,then i'll decide.

at blackburn you know they say his team that finished 6th played attacking attractive football and was built out of a relegated team.

i'm prepared to wait and see,one major reason why is there is still a big problem of who would replace him(although we all know who it will be)

42633[/snapback]

I know he built a decent team at Blackburn, at first, then blew it away. Why ?Because basically he's a fool. He made inspired signings in Cole and Yorke, at giveaway prices from his mate. He already had Duff and Dunn.

The next confrontation is always around the corner with Souness.

I don't believe he runs a happy club, with players believing in their ability and playing to their limit, he is too regimented in his approach and rules by fear, he isn't a man who knows how to motivate players with the sympathetic touch when it is needed. In the end, every player [or person] has those moments and he can't deal with it, and ends up with unhappy players or at best ones who realise he is cold and a poor man manager.

His managerial record, and fall outs signify this, as does his body language sometimes and his constant hypocritical comments and judgements too suggest he is the type of boss who you simply never know how to take him.

I concede his replacment is a problem, but it shouldn't be. Managers like Hitzfeld are out there, if Shepherd took his head out of his "got to be a geordie" arse it would be an easy decision.

Edited by LeazesMag

It's amazing that you lot can whine so much. Instead of looking down the line when the squad will be fit and we will be able to field a team that looks every bit as good as any team bar chelsea, you prefer to drone on about bellamy and souness. FFS, we have signed five players better than bellamy so get your heads out of your ar$es and stop living in the past. Once these injuries clear up we can look forward to some good times at SJP.

It's amazing that you lot can whine so much. Instead of looking down the line when the squad will be fit and we will be able to field a team that looks every bit as good as any team bar chelsea , you prefer to drone on about bellamy and souness. FFS, we have signed five players better than bellamy so get your heads out of your ar$es and stop living in the past. Once these injuries clear up we can look forward to some good times at SJP.

42649[/snapback]

I doubt that very much.

And - in the event that is was true, that is the gist of the problem, we have zero confidence in Souness getting the best out of any team he ever put out.

And anyway, football is a squad. You NEVER have your first 11 fit, for long. Before Souness came to Newcastle we had a SQUAD that finished 4th, 3rd and 5th

We have not signed 5 players "better than Bellamy". We have signed Alan Shearers replacement. We have signed no one yet to replace Bellamy. If you include Luque in that, he has not played a game in the premiership yet, so has proved absolutely nothing. Who are the other 4 ? Boumsong, an overpriced defender better than Craig Bellamy ?? You are off your rocker chum.

The long term implications of the amount of money we have spent too, should be fairly obvious to anyone, especially as next summer we will have to find big money to buy a partner for Owen, having sold Bellamy. Do you think we will have another 15m quid, because sure as hell I don't.

Edited by LeazesMag

Really, chummy?

I'd swop Parker,Emre,Owen and Solano any day for bellamy and robert. If he'd got rid of ameobi I'd call it a terrific job. Problem is, like a number of people on the forum, you are obsessed with your dislike for souness and you can't see the possibilities that these players bring to the Toon. Luque I don't know much about but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. You.....keep on whining as I don't believe you want us to be successful if Souness is manager. That's pretty sad just to be able to say I told you so.

Really, chummy?

I'd swop Parker,Emre,Owen and Solano any day for bellamy and robert. If he'd got rid of ameobi I'd call it a terrific job. Problem is, like a number of people on the forum, you are obsessed with your dislike for souness and you can't see the possibilities that these players bring to the Toon. Luque I don't know much about but  I'm keeping my fingers crossed. You.....keep on whining as I don't believe you want us to be  successful if Souness is manager. That's pretty sad just to be able to say I told you so.

42661[/snapback]

We should have no problem climbing the league then, and finish at least in the top 4? Except of course you have missed out the fact that Souness is incapable of getting the best out of even good players. He is a shit coach and is clueless when it comes to tactics - haven't you noticed?

I'll be interested to hear your excuses for Souness's continued failings in six months time. And I'll try not to say I told you so.

The difference is that I am willing to give him a chance. FS has bought the players he wants so it's up to him to show he can do it. If not, he's out the door. But I still say that a lot of people on here would like to see him fail because of their obsessive hatred for him. Pretty pathetic on their part.

The difference is that I am willing to give him a chance. FS has bought the players he wants so it's up to him to show he can do it. If not, he's out the door. But I still say that a lot of people on here would like to see him fail because of their obsessive hatred for him. Pretty pathetic on their part.

42668[/snapback]

I am not prepared to give him a chance. Why should I do that ? Would you be prepared to give Peter Reid a chance ? Would you be prepared to give , say, Gary Breen a chance as a player ? If not, why not ? Because you think he is shite.

Well, I think Souness is shite. End of. Results so far have proved this to be correct, and I am absolutely confident that he will be proven in the end to be shite ie the day he walks we will see our fortunes change for the better.

I don't have a hatred of him for any other reason that he is a shite manager and has behaved like a complete arsehole since he walked through the door of the club. If you don't agree with that, fair enough, but IMO people who can't see this by looking at his track record, his persona as a man - manager, and his results are living in cloud cuckoo land and in fact doing nothing other than wearing rose tinted specs ©

What is it that people like you suddenly think a man who has been a twat and ruined clubs everywhere he has been is suddenly going to be a world beater just because he turns up on the doorstep of SJP. Get real.

I see you are coming the "like to see him fail" shite....well myself and the others who want rid of him think this is for the better long term prospects of the club, and that is because we have judgment, right or wrong, and are prepared to say what we believe honestly and not be influenced by whether or not someone plays for or manages Newcastle. Which means you are wearing rose tinted specs ©

Don't bother posting at the end of the season and saying that Souness has been a success for clearing out the "bad eggs", and finishing 11th or 12th in the league, for millions and millions of pounds, and expect me to agree. Because, in my view, this is a complete lowering of standards, in fact a pathetic lowering of standards. The twat wants kicking off the tyne bridge with a brick tied to his bollocks for the football we are serving up and the results we have had since he took over.

Really, chummy?

I'd swop Parker,Emre,Owen and Solano any day for bellamy and robert. If he'd got rid of ameobi I'd call it a terrific job. Problem is, like a number of people on the forum, you are obsessed with your dislike for souness and you can't see the possibilities that these players bring to the Toon. Luque I don't know much about but  I'm keeping my fingers crossed. You.....keep on whining as I don't believe you want us to be  successful if Souness is manager. That's pretty sad just to be able to say I told you so.

42661[/snapback]

Me too, ıf forced i,d swap, but why not keep bellers,

the FACT is no matter how good the squad of players at his dısposal, souness will tactically cock it up, because he,s a TFD

İ am sure we all want the toon to be successful with or without souness, İMO without would be better.