Spurs report Liverpool and Manchester United for tapping up

Douggy B

There has been substantial speculation in respect of the futures of Dimitar Berbatov and Robbie Keane, including press comment from both Sir Alex Ferguson and Rafa Benitez. In response our Chairman, Daniel Levy has made the following statement:

"Today's public comments by Manchester United's manager, announcing that he has made an offer for Dimitar and is confident that the deal will go through with time working in their favour, is a blatant example of sheer arrogance and interference with one of our players. It is also probably one of the worst offences by any manager in the Premier League to date and is unbelievably hypocritical given his recent comments in respect of Cristiano Ronaldo and Real Madrid.

"This comes after a series of events, dating back to last summer, which have shown Manchester United to be in breach of Premier League (PL) rules. As a result, we have today made an official complaint to the PL about the conduct of Manchester United. Benitez made similar comments in respect of Robbie recently and we made an official complaint to the PL about the conduct of Liverpool earlier this week.

"The behaviour of both clubs has been disgraceful. We told both clubs very early on that we had no interest in selling Robbie or Dimitar, respectively, and that they should refrain from pursuing the player. Both clubs arrogantly chose to ignore this request and we now have evidence that both clubs have systematically been working to prise the players away from us, outside of PL rules of conduct.

"Our subsequent position has been severely compromised by both clubs making their intentions widely known and indeed making contact with the players and their agents, without the Club's permission.

"I have absolutely no wish to sell either player and to date we have not accepted any offer for either. However, when a player's head is turned and their commitment is absent, particularly when they occupy key positions such as that of striker, they become a negative influence in a team dressing room in which they were once a positive addition and influence. This is the situation we now have on our hands, with both Dimitar and Robbie having made it clear that they wish to leave for Manchester Utd and Liverpool respectively.

"Irrespective of the outcome and futures of Robbie and Dimitar, we are continuing to seek to bring in quality, talented players for the future, who want to play in a Spurs shirt."

"The board for all things Newcastle"

did I miss something? :jesuswept:

The behaviour of the top four affects us all, trust me if you have a player who would make it into one of their sides this will affect you too.

It has to stop eventually.

The behaviour of the top four affects us all, trust me if you have a player who would make it into one of their sides this will affect you too.

You make it sound like we dont.

I did, didn't I?

I did, didn't I?

As much as I'd like to understand Wengers way of thinking, it seems he does fancy Martins... for some odd reason, and to be fair, Owen would still walk into the Liverpool side, unless they sign David Villa or such :D

I don't see what the problem is to be honest, just a team showing interest in a player, regardless of which team. The difference between this and the Ronaldo situation is Real Madrid are constantly banging on about it without making a bid, I thought Man Utd had actually made a bid? Also I don't see Madrid as being better than Man Utd, whereas Man Utd and Liverpool are both better than Spurs, just natural progression for the player to be honest - IF they want to move on.

Its very grey imo. Where do you draw the line? He (Ferg) has said not only have they lodged a bid, but that he expects it to be complete within a time frame. That might be fine if Spurs had accepted the bid or told Man Utd to up their offer and were negotiating. But, as far as I can see Spurs rejected the bid and said he wasnt for sale. So, then Ferg is doing what he does best in unsettling player. I've no love for either club, but I do think this is an issue at times. Especially when Man Utd take the holier than thou stance when it comes to Ronaldo despite being one of the worst offenders.

Its very grey imo. Where do you draw the line? He (Ferg) has said not only have they lodged a bid, but that he expects it to be complete within a time frame. That might be fine if Spurs had accepted the bid or told Man Utd to up their offer and were negotiating. But, as far as I can see Spurs rejected the bid and said he wasnt for sale. So, then Ferg is doing what he does best in unsettling player. I've no love for either club, but I do think this is an issue at times. Especially when Man Utd take the holier than thou stance when it comes to Ronaldo despite being one of the worst offenders.

Man U have don't it for years..... they just don't like it when a club with a bigger pull (and there are very few) does it to them.

Doesn't help with how integral Ronaldo is them either.

The idea that football is anything but a corrupt and filthy game (off the pitch) is a bizarre one though (MS would fit in well - Happy Face obsession count down in......... :jesuswept: ).

Man U have don't it for years..... they just don't like it when a club with a bigger pull (and there are very few) does it to them.

Doesn't help with how integral Ronaldo is them either.

The idea that football is anything but a corrupt and filthy game (off the pitch) is a bizarre one though (MS would fit in well - Happy Face obsession count down in......... :jesuswept: ).

Who else have they "unsettled"? other than Roney and Tevez I'm struggling to think of anyone (did they try to do it with Ferdinand and carrick?) and I guess they did it to Owen Hargreaves aswell

ok I'lk shut my face point taken :D

Fergie in saying something hypocritical to suit his own agenda shocker. I wouldn't have thought he'd be too fussed about people pointing the finger if it means he keeps Ronaldo and gets Berbatov

The fact you're referring to me in threads I've not even posted in clearly shows who's obsessed.

Fergie in saying something hypocritical to suit his own agenda shocker. I wouldn't have thought he'd be too fussed about people pointing the finger if it means he keeps Ronaldo and gets Berbatov

The fact you're referring to me in threads I've not even posted in clearly shows who's obsessed.

See. :D (and yet more irony :D )

Edited by Fop

Can't have it both ways...

Click

If people want to voice their concerns we can develop a policy under which Danny and Torres can post bur we can't have it both ways. :D

Click

If people want to voice their concerns we can develop a policy under which Danny and Torres can post bur we can't have it both ways. :D

agreed.

Seems odd that Danny's getting a hard time in a thread started by someone having a dig at southern fans too. Don't see why anyone shouldn't have the right to reply when someone's wumming them.

did I miss something? :D

Click

agreed.

Seems odd that Danny's getting a hard time in a thread started by someone having a dig at southern fans too. Don't see why anyone shouldn't have the right to reply when someone's wumming them.

Well some Spurs fans deserve a harsh time for the way they have been carrying on but not all the time and not for such reasons :jesuswept:

Click

Aye I think it's quite interesting really, especially when it's involving Man U and to a lesser degree Liverpool.

Just so long as it doesn't devolve into another who's got the most trophies/when did you last win something fest (which fortunately I'd win currently supporting RM, Barc, both Milan's, Brazil and the Harlem Globe Trotters as I do :D).

As much as I don't like to see players being tapped up, how hilarious would it be to see Spurs lose their first choice strike partnership?

And turn 18 mil expediture into 50mil?

I would be more worried about the strengthening we could do with that kind of dough.

As much as I don't like to see players being tapped up, how hilarious would it be to see Spurs lose their first choice strike partnership?

I would be more worried about the strengthening we could do with that kind of dough.

£50m? You'd be very, very lucky to get that.

£50m? You'd be very, very lucky to get that.

Thats how much we value two players on long term contracts at.

They can pay or fuck off. Simple as.