Diouf set for Sunderland switch

Jimbo

We've got Smith, too.

He's shite but I wouldn't put him in the same league as Diouf and Barton, he seems to be a quiet enough fella off the pitch.

Wasn't he involved in the battering of that Asian bloke a while back?

No, he's a teetotaller. I think he's kept his nose clean since his early days at Leeds.

From The Guardian:

Sunderland have signed France full back Pascal Chimbonda from Tottenham Hotspur for an undisclosed fee, the Premier League club said on Saturday.

The 29-year-old former Wigan Athletic defender, who can play at right and left back and won his only French cap in a World Cup warm-up match against Denmark two years ago, has agreed a three-year contract with the North-East club.

"Pascal is one of these rare players who can play anywhere across the back line and that will be invaluable to us so naturally we're very pleased to secure his services," Sunderland manager Roy Keane told the club's website (www.safc.com).

"He has a lot of Premier League experience which can only be a plus for us and he'll give us more options at the back, creating more competition for places there."

(Writing by Padraic Halpin, Editing by Tony Jimenez)

:icon_lol:

Edited by Bombadil

We've got Smith, too.

He's shite but I wouldn't put him in the same league as Diouf and Barton, he seems to be a quiet enough fella off the pitch.

No, he's a teetotaller. I think he's kept his nose clean since his early days at Leeds.

Since went to Man U he's been fine

We've got Smith, too.

Aye he's never drank has he?

It's amazing how mud sticks even when it's nothing to do with someone, isn't it?

Much like Barton being "racist".

Smith used to be a mouth twat on the pitch (was part of his game in fact), but just by playing for Leeds doesn't mean he regularly battered Asians or whatever.