Newcastle Sign Fabricio Coloccini: Deportive Website States

Ketsbaia

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3877598,00.html

Deportivo La Coruna defender Fabricio Coloccini's agent has claimed his client has been offered a move to Newcastle.

Kevin Keegan is known to be in the market for defensive reinforcements, having at the weekend spoken of a need to add cover in both full-back positions.

Argentine international Coloccini prefers to operate as a central defender but according to his agent, Macelo Lombilla, Keegan is still keen.

Lombilla claims he has discussed Newcastle's approach with Deportivo president Augusto Cesar Lendoiro, but has yet to reveal the outcome of the discourse.

A fee of £8million has been mooted and while such a figure may prove prohibitive, the fact Coloccini has been left out of Depor's pre-season tour of Venezuela does add weight to any exit talk.

"The only offer that I have received is from Newcastle, which I communicated to Deportivo," Coloccini told AS.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how we make one signing out of the blue and then everybody expects all our signings to be undetectable to the human eye from then on. :icon_lol:

I'd love this one to come off, he's vastly better than any of our CB's and has the metal to cut it in the Premiership.

That said I can't bring myself to be excited about this at the minute. I just have a feeling that one way or another this just won't work out. Hope I'm wrong.

I love how we make one signing out of the blue and then everybody expects all our signings to be undetectable to the human eye from then on. :icon_lol:

Well barring tongue in cheekness, if you look at the source it does seem like an agent fishing. Which can mean many things, but at best means that he's not exactly chomping at the bit to come to Newcastle.

For several reasons (ranging from us not actually being interested to being gazumped) we've not done very well under Keegan and Ashley in instances like this.

Guest Stevie
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3877598,00.html

Deportivo La Coruna defender Fabricio Coloccini's agent has claimed his client has been offered a move to Newcastle.

Kevin Keegan is known to be in the market for defensive reinforcements, having at the weekend spoken of a need to add cover in both full-back positions.

Argentine international Coloccini prefers to operate as a central defender but according to his agent, Macelo Lombilla, Keegan is still keen.

Lombilla claims he has discussed Newcastle's approach with Deportivo president Augusto Cesar Lendoiro, but has yet to reveal the outcome of the discourse.

A fee of £8million has been mooted and while such a figure may prove prohibitive, the fact Coloccini has been left out of Depor's pre-season tour of Venezuela does add weight to any exit talk.

"The only offer that I have received is from Newcastle, which I communicated to Deportivo," Coloccini told AS.

Is there any update on Sky Sports News? Just received a text about it. I haven't got ssn.

I'll believe it when its on my telly

Up your game for this'un if it comes off. You completely neglected to clarify the Gutierrez and Guthrie transfers. That's probably why Jonas' registration hasn't came through yet :icon_lol:

I'll believe it when its on my telly

Up your game for this'un if it comes off. You completely neglected to clarify the Gutierrez and Guthrie transfers. That's probably why Jonas' registration hasn't came through yet :icon_lol:

:icon_lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...says-agent.html

Deportivo La Coruna defender Fabricio Coloccini is on the verge of signing for

Newcastle, according to the player's agent Marcelo Lombilla.

Reports in Spain suggest Coloccini has already agreed personal terms with the

Premier League side, who are said to have made a £7.8million bid for the Argentina defender. Lombilla met with club president Augusto Cesar Lendoiro again last night to

negotiate a move after Depor slapped a 14million euro price-tag on Coloccini's

head.

Tottenham are also said to have thrown their hat into the ring, but Lombilla

claims he knows nothing about any rival bid.

"The only offer I am dealing with is that of Newcastle," Lombilla told

Spanish sports daily AS. "Which is the one that I brought about."

Depor were set to leave for a pre-season tour of Venezuela today but Coloccini

was not included in the travelling party and a line on the club website,

www.canaldeportivo.com, revealed: "The footballer Fabricio Coloccini remains in

La Coruna as his future will be decided in the upcoming days."

Coloccini, naturally a centre-half but capable of playing at full-back, has

made nearly 100 appearances in his three and a half years at the Riazor, and

Depor coach Miguel Angel Lotina knows it will be a blow to lose the

26-year-old.

"If Coloccini goes it will be the great disappointment of the summer," he

told Marca. "The team that takes Coloccini will be getting a quality

footballer, a footballer to take your hat off to and they will be playing a

dirty trick on me.

"He is a tremendous footballer for what he gives on the pitch and in the

dressing room.

"If it happens, we'll look for someone else, but we're going to take it step

by step. To see what happens.

"We have time fortunately. It's not easy to find a player of this level, but

we will look for someone who can adapt himself."

I hope we arent signing him as a full back. Sounds perfect to play with Taylor. Hopefully Enrique and Beye will stay injury free this season.

i think keegan sees him as the 'cultured' centre back - kinda like albert.

I hope we arent signing him as a full back. Sounds perfect to play with Taylor. Hopefully Enrique and Beye will stay injury free this season.

:icon_lol:

Ok, wel pair him with one of our other ace CBs. Dont even make me drag up threads about cacapa being the new Bobby Moore

You're one cool cat J69.

Cacapa is still better than Taylor btw.

Ok, wel pair him with one of our other ace CBs. Dont even make me drag up threads about cacapa being the new Bobby Moore

You're one cool cat J69.

Cacapa is still better than Taylor btw.

What the Adidas clad one said :icon_lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...says-agent.html

Anyway, what the fuck is he smuggling down the front of them shorts? :icon_lol: