Newcastle Sign Fabricio Coloccini: Deportive Website States

Ketsbaia

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, wel pair him with one of our other ace CBs. Dont even make me drag up threads about cacapa being the new Bobby Moore

You're one cool cat J69.

Cacapa is still better than Taylor btw.

No Hope :icon_lol:

He may have a better footballing brain but hes about as heavyweight as my nan and hes been embarrassed on more occasions this season than taylor has in the last 3

Ok, wel pair him with one of our other ace CBs. Dont even make me drag up threads about cacapa being the new Bobby Moore

You're one cool cat J69.

Cacapa is still better than Taylor btw.

No Hope :icon_lol:

He may have a better footballing brain but hes about as heavyweight as my nan and hes been embarrassed on more occasions this season than taylor has in the last 3

Gerraway man. :icon_lol:

I hope we arent signing him as a full back. Sounds perfect to play instead of Taylor. Hopefully Enrique and Beye will stay injury free this season.

FYP

I'd play him with Faye tbh.

me too, bit of time out might do taylor good as well since he seems to think he's gods gift to our backline, losing some weight of that ego might give him a turn of pace or something

28 Jul 2008 -- the meeting between Coloccini’s agent and president Lendoiro ended in nothing as Newcastle’s offer was rejected by Deportivo. However the Argentinean defender isn’t travelling to Venezuela with the rest of the squad. The club has officially admitted that right now they still trying to decide what to do with the player.

Marcelo Lombilla, the agent of Fabricio Coloccini, already returned to Argentina after the offer from Newcastle United was rejected by Deportivo. He left La Coruña angered since he understands that Lendoiro broke his promise of opening the door to the Argentinean defender if an interesting offer appears. Despite Newcastle’s offer was rejected, the player didn’t travel with the rest of the club for the tour in Venezuela, apparently because Coloccini refused to do it.

Lombilla explained to reporters that Lendorio told him on the phone that he was rejecting the offer coming from England “He preferred to not see me there, because there were some journalists on there, and to see me with my state of tension, he preferred to not see me talking. I’m tired and I’m leaving. I have been working for three months to see them raising the offer from eight to eleven million, and when I do it and bring the offer in paper, it’s worthless. Maybe what he (Lendoiro) wants is to see Newcastle coming and building the new stadium “

Later the agent continued discharging his fury over Lendoiro “When somebody look at your face and tell you that Coloccini will have the chance to leave, and later he doesn’t fulfil his word, that’s avoiding the truth. He doesn’t eat and neither leaves other eat. He isn’t allowing his departure and neither is studying his situation at the club in order to valorise Fabricio as he deserves.”

Lombilla also explained that Coloccini himself was who decided to not travel to Venezuela with the rest of the squad “He doesn’t want to travel, because he’s waiting for a resolution and to see somebody giving the face and talking to him after receiving the promise they will let him go out.” Finally, he menaced the player might try to use FIFA’s article 17 in order to find an exit. This legislation allows any player fulfilling his third year at any club to find an exit after the case is studied by the FIFA.

It was also rumoured that Tottenham Hotspurs was interested in the player, but it seems the only offer that was officially presented was the one of Newcastle United. About this offer, there are two versions. One that corresponds to Lombilla’s declarations: £8 million offer (€10.15 million) and that will include more money according to some incentives. Other version of the offer appeared in Radio Coruña as the same Lombilla explained: a €11 million offer plus €1 million for incentives, also that Newcastle would take charge of the 15% that corresponds to the player (€2 million) and all the expenses of the transfer, meaning the real value of the offer is €16 million. It was also rumoured that Newcastle was offering to double the salary of the player.

Anyhow, the offer was rejected by president Lendoiro and Coloccini is staying in La Coruña until his future is finally decided. At canaldeportivo’s article in which the names of the players traveling to Venezuela were revealed, the club also announced that Coloccini is staying in Spain because “his future will be decided in the next days.”

28 Jul 2008 -- the meeting between Coloccini’s agent and president Lendoiro ended in nothing as Newcastle’s offer was rejected by Deportivo. However the Argentinean defender isn’t travelling to Venezuela with the rest of the squad. The club has officially admitted that right now they still trying to decide what to do with the player.

Marcelo Lombilla, the agent of Fabricio Coloccini, already returned to Argentina after the offer from Newcastle United was rejected by Deportivo. He left La Coruña angered since he understands that Lendoiro broke his promise of opening the door to the Argentinean defender if an interesting offer appears. Despite Newcastle’s offer was rejected, the player didn’t travel with the rest of the club for the tour in Venezuela, apparently because Coloccini refused to do it.

Lombilla explained to reporters that Lendorio told him on the phone that he was rejecting the offer coming from England “He preferred to not see me there, because there were some journalists on there, and to see me with my state of tension, he preferred to not see me talking. I’m tired and I’m leaving. I have been working for three months to see them raising the offer from eight to eleven million, and when I do it and bring the offer in paper, it’s worthless. Maybe what he (Lendoiro) wants is to see Newcastle coming and building the new stadium “

Later the agent continued discharging his fury over Lendoiro “When somebody look at your face and tell you that Coloccini will have the chance to leave, and later he doesn’t fulfil his word, that’s avoiding the truth. He doesn’t eat and neither leaves other eat. He isn’t allowing his departure and neither is studying his situation at the club in order to valorise Fabricio as he deserves.”

Lombilla also explained that Coloccini himself was who decided to not travel to Venezuela with the rest of the squad “He doesn’t want to travel, because he’s waiting for a resolution and to see somebody giving the face and talking to him after receiving the promise they will let him go out.” Finally, he menaced the player might try to use FIFA’s article 17 in order to find an exit. This legislation allows any player fulfilling his third year at any club to find an exit after the case is studied by the FIFA.

It was also rumoured that Tottenham Hotspurs was interested in the player, but it seems the only offer that was officially presented was the one of Newcastle United. About this offer, there are two versions. One that corresponds to Lombilla’s declarations: £8 million offer (€10.15 million) and that will include more money according to some incentives. Other version of the offer appeared in Radio Coruña as the same Lombilla explained: a €11 million offer plus €1 million for incentives, also that Newcastle would take charge of the 15% that corresponds to the player (€2 million) and all the expenses of the transfer, meaning the real value of the offer is €16 million. It was also rumoured that Newcastle was offering to double the salary of the player.

Anyhow, the offer was rejected by president Lendoiro and Coloccini is staying in La Coruña until his future is finally decided. At canaldeportivo’s article in which the names of the players traveling to Venezuela were revealed, the club also announced that Coloccini is staying in Spain because “his future will be decided in the next days.”

That was from this mornings Spanish 'papers.

According to some Depor fan site we're in negotiations but as of tonight we're still a whisker away from reaching an agreement.

http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/s...9390#post369390

Edited by Ketsbaia

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...says-agent.html

Deportivo La Coruna defender Fabricio Coloccini is on the verge of signing for

Newcastle, according to the player's agent Marcelo Lombilla.

Reports in Spain suggest Coloccini has already agreed personal terms with the

Premier League side, who are said to have made a £7.8million bid for the Argentina defender. Lombilla met with club president Augusto Cesar Lendoiro again last night to

negotiate a move after Depor slapped a 14million euro price-tag on Coloccini's

head.

Tottenham are also said to have thrown their hat into the ring, but Lombilla

claims he knows nothing about any rival bid.

"The only offer I am dealing with is that of Newcastle," Lombilla told

Spanish sports daily AS. "Which is the one that I brought about."

Depor were set to leave for a pre-season tour of Venezuela today but Coloccini

was not included in the travelling party and a line on the club website,

www.canaldeportivo.com, revealed: "The footballer Fabricio Coloccini remains in

La Coruna as his future will be decided in the upcoming days."

Coloccini, naturally a centre-half but capable of playing at full-back, has

made nearly 100 appearances in his three and a half years at the Riazor, and

Depor coach Miguel Angel Lotina knows it will be a blow to lose the

26-year-old.

"If Coloccini goes it will be the great disappointment of the summer," he

told Marca. "The team that takes Coloccini will be getting a quality

footballer, a footballer to take your hat off to and they will be playing a

dirty trick on me.

"He is a tremendous footballer for what he gives on the pitch and in the

dressing room.

"If it happens, we'll look for someone else, but we're going to take it step

by step. To see what happens.

"We have time fortunately. It's not easy to find a player of this level, but

we will look for someone who can adapt himself."

He sounds resigned.

According to the journal we've agreed personal terms with him which is a good sign (whether we get him or not) after all of the stories we are hearing about not being willing to pay decent wages any more.

Depor are in financial trouble he must be on piss poor wages there.

According to the journal we've agreed personal terms with him which is a good sign (whether we get him or not) after all of the stories we are hearing about not being willing to pay decent wages any more.

Weren't they doing really well a few years ago?

skysports.com

10:19 The agent of Fabricio Coloccini has stated that that the Deportivo defender may cancel his contract with the club and walk out to join Newcastle unless a deal can be done.

We being used again?

Weren't they doing really well a few years ago?

I dunno.

skysports.com

10:19 The agent of Fabricio Coloccini has stated that that the Deportivo defender may cancel his contract with the club and walk out to join Newcastle unless a deal can be done.

We being used again?

What you talkin about man!? Why is everyone so paranoid these days!??

The webster ruling is a goodun, and a goodun to us since we picked up spiderman because if it!

Its in place so a player can buy himself out is say, he is really unhappy at the club or if the club has a ridiculus valuation if him.

Sounds like we mite be onto a winner hea...

skysports.com

We being used again?

What you talkin about man!? Why is everyone so paranoid these days!??

The webster ruling is a goodun, and a goodun to us since we picked up spiderman because if it!

Its in place so a player can buy himself out is say, he is really unhappy at the club or if the club has a ridiculus valuation if him.

Sounds like we mite be onto a winner hea...

Don't get me wrong, I'm quite the optimist. I feel confident that he may come and the signs point to this.

but

This is Newcastle. Things don't normally work out this way for us.

And it has echoes of the Aimaar situation as well.

Latest quotes from the agent are basically that Depor are going to have to offer him the same terms we are (Described as the "Contract of his life") if they want to keep him. A deadline of Friday has been set and if it's not resolved they're going to try and do a Webster.