Newcastle Sign Fabricio Coloccini: Deportive Website States

Ketsbaia

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best fans in the world.

Since the Premier league began (more reliable than pre war statistics. bear in mind your extra premier league season)

dannybmn5.jpg

[/Tom Bites]

ha ha football didnt exist before the prem did it. toot toot!!

Surely it should be the % of your ground that is filled.

*Waves foam finger in disgust*

I was getting the statistics that were easily accessible to me and because they are from the official site - the most reliable. Face it stick your %'s up your arse. You can't hold a candle to our fans.

Now keep the thread on topic and if you want an attendance cock off go to 'Forum > search' and read one thats already been done.

Good day Sir :D

I really pity you Danny.

Poor fella' :razz:

Dont fella, Im happy and I have my health. What more can a man ask for?

a constant supply of curly wurlys :D

I've not had a curly wurly in ages, I'm just gunna nip to the shop

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcast...-name_page.html

ABRICIO Coloccini will be in the St James’s Park stands tonight as Newcastle United close in on their fourth signing of the summer but Everton are hoping to negate the benefit of a much-needed addition to the Magpies squad by signing striker Alan Smith.

Argentina defender Coloccini is on Tyneside for a medical and to tie up a £10m transfer that has been strung out by Deportivo La Coruña’s insistence that the Magpies pay more than the £8.25m United thought they had agreed.

Coloccini is not expected to be paraded before supporters at this evening’s friendly against PSV Eindhoven as United are wisely erring on the side of caution until the ink dries on his contract. But his presence will boost a squad which has looked distinctly thin during a disappointing pre-season.

The versatile 26-year-old joined Depor from Milan after loans with Villarreal, Atlético Madrid and Alavés. Centre-half is his preferred position but he also played right-back and central midfield for the Galicians, making him a valuable asset to a squad which has got weaker rather than stronger this summer.

Five players have left since last season from a group Sam Allardyce and Kevin Keegan both claimed was too small. That has been underlined in pre-season, where a succession of minor injuries has left the club’s youngsters filling the gaps.

Bearing that in mind, Keegan will be extremely unwilling to part with Smith, who could be his only fit senior striker for tonight’s game. But the Yorkshireman has made minimal impact since joining for £6m last summer.

Everton are reportedly preparing a £1.5m bid for Smith, who has started all Newcastle’s pre-season games. That would almost certainly be rejected out of hand, but if Moyes increased his bid, it could cause Keegan a dilemma.

He has been under pressure to cut the wage bill and, 12 months into his Magpies career, Smith is yet to repay the club’s investment with a goal. The versatile England international is popular in the dressing room and his willingness to work hard for the cause is undoubted, so the lack of present alternatives could allow Keegan to argue the case for keeping him.

Michael Owen and Obafemi Martins are not expected to figure tonight because of calf and knee injuries respectively which have disrupted the Nigerian’s preparations for the coming campaign and wiped out Owen’s. While Keegan remains hopeful both will be match-fit to face Manchester United on August 17, Mark Viduka and Shola Ameobi are unlikely to make it. Viduka went under the knife this summer after struggling with an Achilles injury last season and is not expected to be back in full training before his colleagues play England League football again.

Ameobi injured his hamstring in Friday’s friendly against Hertha Berlin and is unlikely to be back on the Darsley Park pitches before the Australian. Even youngsters Andy Carroll and Kazenga LuaLua are injured, leaving 17-year-old Ryan Donaldson to play up front for the final 70 minutes against Real Mallorca.

There was good news for Newcastle yesterday after it emerged Wayne Rooney will miss the Magpies’ trip to Old Trafford. The Merseysider picked up a virus on United’s trip to Nigeria for a money-spinning friendly.

Who the fuck writes this clueless bollocks? Or is there someone who's job is to translate whatever they can find in the non English press using google language translators?

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcast...-name_page.html

Michael Owen and Obafemi Martins are not expected to figure tonight because of calf and knee injuries respectively which have disrupted the Nigerian’s preparations for the coming campaign and wiped out Owen’s. While Keegan remains hopeful both will be match-fit to face Manchester United on August 17, Mark Viduka and Shola Ameobi are unlikely to make it. Viduka went under the knife this summer after struggling with an Achilles injury last season and is not expected to be back in full training before his colleagues play England League football again.

Ameobi injured his hamstring in Friday’s friendly against Hertha Berlin and is unlikely to be back on the Darsley Park pitches before the Australian. Even youngsters Andy Carroll and Kazenga LuaLua are injured, leaving 17-year-old Ryan Donaldson to play up front for the final 70 minutes against Real Mallorca.

Why do you persist in hanging round here Danny?

Nice to get another perspective. Not many other MBs would be as welcoming as you lot are :D

Says a lot about you and Torres that you're regarded as you are then, don't you think?

Guest Stevie

Nice to get another perspective. Not many other MBs would be as welcoming as you lot are :D

Says a lot about you and Torres that you're regarded as you are then, don't you think?

As with a large chunk of our great nation and beyond, they are obsessed by our not so great club. It's partly that and I think people are fascinated by geordies too. I can't imagine them trawling round the Villa or Birmingham City boards can you?

Exactly I am held in high asteem as a knowledgable poster and Torres...is Torres.

Exactly I am held in high asteem as a knowledgable poster and Torres...is Torres.

It's funny how you two don't get along. You're so alike.