Sign in to follow this  
Ant

Daily Mirror

did ya see the story about barton and the fans outrage in the mirror today?

load of quotes from fans from "newcastle-online"

think i signed up to those forums once and never bothered posting after reading a few threads..

Newcastle fan backlash: 'Dump Joey Barton in the sewere where he belongs'

By Simon Bird 29/07/2008

Joey Barton faced a furious backlash from Newcastle fans who do not want him back following his release from prison yesterday.

The midfielder, 25, is due to have showdown talks with Newcastle chiefs this morning to thrash out his future, with manager Kevin Keegan insisting he will not be sacked.

Toon fans vented their fury on internet message boards last night, and Michael O'Neil of Newcastle-Online.com said: "He's a mean and vicious thug. Dump him in the sewer where he belongs and let's cut our losses."

Some fans have even held back on renewing their season tickets in protest at Barton remaining a United player.

One fan commented: "The man is a total thug who gets pleasure from kicking and punching people and causing serious injury.

"Keegan is a disgrace backing this man. I suspect the majority of fans want rid."

Another wrote: "Barton is scum of the earth. If the chairman takes a tough stance I will back him. We have underperformed for years because of our tolerance to low life not fit to wear the Toon shirt."

Barton left Strangeways prison in Manchester after serving 74 days of a six-month sentence for beating up a teenager in Liverpool city centre last December.

The Toon midfielder was released as Keegan revealed he will give Barton a "second chance" despite his jailing.

Barton, wearing jeans and a jumper and carrying a holdall, shook hands with a friend waiting for him outside the prison gates.

He made no comment before getting into a waiting silver Range Rover and being driven off.

Keegan has vowed to stick by the player when he returns to St James' Park. He said yesterday: "Joey will be back towards the end of the month.

"It's well-documented that he's had his problems but I knew of those problems at the time of taking over.

"He's been punished for what he did wrong and the world is littered with people who have deserved a second chance, got it and taken it with both hands. There are lot of things he has to put right."

:icon_lol:

Edited by ewerk

This is the beauty of the internet. Lazy hacks don't even need to go to SJP to get a mongy quote or two anymore.....just go on line, a bit of cut and paste and hey presto, you've dashed off the anti-Barton article your editor asked you for and it's down to the pub at lunchtime. Trebles all round!!!

Newcastle fan backlash: 'Dump Joey Barton in the sewere where he belongs'

By Simon Bird 29/07/2008

Joey Barton faced a furious backlash from Newcastle fans who do not want him back following his release from prison yesterday.

The midfielder, 25, is due to have showdown talks with Newcastle chiefs this morning to thrash out his future, with manager Kevin Keegan insisting he will not be sacked.

Toon fans vented their fury on internet message boards last night, and Michael O'Neil of Newcastle-Online.com said: "He's a mean and vicious thug. Dump him in the sewer where he belongs and let's cut our losses."

Some fans have even held back on renewing their season tickets in protest at Barton remaining a United player.

One fan commented: "The man is a total thug who gets pleasure from kicking and punching people and causing serious injury.

"Keegan is a disgrace backing this man. I suspect the majority of fans want rid."

Another wrote: "Barton is scum of the earth. If the chairman takes a tough stance I will back him. We have underperformed for years because of our tolerance to low life not fit to wear the Toon shirt."

Barton left Strangeways prison in Manchester after serving 74 days of a six-month sentence for beating up a teenager in Liverpool city centre last December.

The Toon midfielder was released as Keegan revealed he will give Barton a "second chance" despite his jailing.

Barton, wearing jeans and a jumper and carrying a holdall, shook hands with a friend waiting for him outside the prison gates.

He made no comment before getting into a waiting silver Range Rover and being driven off.

Keegan has vowed to stick by the player when he returns to St James' Park. He said yesterday: "Joey will be back towards the end of the month.

"It's well-documented that he's had his problems but I knew of those problems at the time of taking over.

"He's been punished for what he did wrong and the world is littered with people who have deserved a second chance, got it and taken it with both hands. There are lot of things he has to put right."

:icon_lol:

Really? :icon_lol:

Mirror = Scrotes

You could grab any opinion you wanted to print from these internet forums and claim it was the fan's as a whole, what a load of old toss. The problem is people out there who have nothing to do with the club will believe it.

They lied about our "dreadful" season ticket sales on Sunday too.

I'd be more shocked if they reported something about us accurately tbh

Guest alex

I think it was the Mirror a few years ago who ran a story about our 'terrible' ST sales because we'd 'only' sold 35,000 or so with a few weeks before the season started (we eventually had sales equivalent to more or less 100% renewal - which strangley wasn't reported on as much). A few days prior to that the same paper made a bit deal about record ST sales at Leeds (this was when they were riding high under O'Leary) of around the 25,000 mark.

Ah... so that's the reason.

How can they even justify quoting an internet forum? It's not exactly hard for someone from a rival team to post on them masquerading as a Toon fan, besides which I doubt very much that such sites give a full across the board representation. You can tell the Laaaandan media are struggling to get anything out of Newcastle Untied to report on when they're having to go to non-official sources... shoddy journalism.

How can they even justify quoting an internet forum? It's not exactly hard for someone from a rival team to post on them masquerading as a Toon fan, besides which I doubt very much that such sites give a full across the board representation. You can tell the Laaaandan media are struggling to get anything out of Newcastle Untied to report on when they're having to go to non-official sources... shoddy journalism.

Agreed. You can't really blame the hack for trying to get away with this rubbish.....the editor on the other hand should have ripped it up and kicked his arse out of the door to go and get a proper story.

you'd be amazed how shoddy journalists can be

a few years back U2 played dublin, but that was only irish date, my mate iritated created himself a madeup ebay account and bid on some tickets.

me and another lad in work were watching the auction as my mate worked up to £13k or so for the tickets, bit of amusement thought nothing off it.

then the guy from work came in on monday morning with the center pages of a major sunday paper (think it was news of the world)

full two pages about the auction, quotes from ticketmaster/mcd, pictures of the lot etc

"Irish fan pays £13000 for u2 ticket" massive headline

couldn't believe it, the ebay account wasn't even remotely real, think he'd put his name down as Seamus O'irish and his address as "emerald isle" or something along those lines

no checks whatsoever before publishing the article... got it framed and gave it to him for a laugh for his birthday one year

could prob get it off google

Edited by Ant

Guest alex
The quotes aren't from the forum btw.

Are they the comments relating to an article on the main site? Signing-up to the forum was probably too much like hard work.

The quotes aren't from the forum btw.

Are they the comments relating to an article on the main site? Signing-up to the forum was probably too much like hard work.

Yep.