Who will take ...

Torres

everton, spurs and pompy will probably fight it out for those spots, with the next group of also rans slightly below to include blackburn, man city and maybe us.

1.Chelsea

2.Manure (unless they get a new out and out striker)

3.Arsenal

4.Liverpool

5.Spurs (as much as it pains me..if they get decent replacements for berba and keane)

6. Everton/City

They've not been linked with any great goalscorers have they? I mean, even if they go and get Arshavin, he could only manage 47 goal is 217 in Russia.

Bentley, Modric, Dos Santos....none of them are goalscorers. I wonder if they plan to hold on to Bobatov.

What is it with Spurs and midfielders?

Everton and Villa probably, unless things go massively wrong for them this season.

Of course there's a load of other clubs that could do it if things go well (any one from us up last season really), but equally they could just do a Man City last season.

Blackburn could really fall away for a season or two while Ince adapts to Premiership management.

Robinson is a fat pig, and Pennant is a poor replacement for Bentley(if that deal comes off). I thought Spurs would get 4th spot last season, but they had the same problems as usual(as has been pointed out elsewhere), I think they'll improve on last season, but not by too much. Pompey should do well with Crouch and Defoe. Solid back line, and no African Nations this year.

Man Utd

Chelsea

Arsenal

Liverpool

Spurs

Villa

I reckon the top 2 spots, the next 2 and the last 2 will all be closely contested with a bit of a gap between each of the pairs of places. Ronaldo staying at Man Utd will be massive for them.

Edited by alex

I think Pompey are going to drop like lead balloons.

Muntari is a big loss for them.

And they'll be taking part in 5 competitions this time rather than 3, one lanky striker isn't enough.

We're really doing our "delooded" reputation no good with this thread. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

I think you've given Newcastle the best write up. No-one else has predicted better than ninth.

Or are you referring tp all the Spurs arse licking? In which case, I concur.

We're really doing our "delooded" reputation no good with this thread. :rolleyes:

I think you've given Newcastle the best write up. No-one else has predicted better than ninth.

Or are you referring tp all the Spurs arse licking? In which case, I concur.

I think Everton again followed by Spurs. Don't think Portsmouth will be as good as last season, and Villa need to sign more players. I think with the above plus City being in Europe we stand a decent chance of getting into the top 6.