Sign in to follow this  
Ant

Mallorca tournament squad

from .com

NUFC: Given, Harper, Krul, Forster, Enrique, Beye, Edgar, Cacapa, Taylor, Tozer, Bassong, Geremi, Duff, Guthrie, Butt, N'Zogbia, Milner, Doninger, Gutierrez, Martins, Smith, Ameobi, Danquah, Donaldson, Godsmark.

Absentees: Faye, Kadar, Barton, Viduka, Owen, Carroll, LuaLua, Zamblera, Baheng (all injury/fitness issues).

Martins included? he can't be back playing already surely

assuming the lineup will be, actually i'm not sure what the fck our midfields going be like looking at that

Geremi is captain so he must be starting...

fuck me - what a dreadful squad. even with the players to come back it's looking threadbare

Indeed, back in January when Keegan came back,

i was thinking

"happy days, write this season off.. they've months to scout signings and put our billionaire owner to work, get some squad and some quality players in, offload the shite and roll on next season"

now i'm thinking

"why is smith and ameobi still here.. why have we still not bought a younger version of viduka and someone to create and pass in midfield... why am I paying for setanta when it's showing the arsenal game and were going to get tanked"

Edited by Ant

I think it was alex who pointed this out the other day. A couple of injuries during the season and we are going to have to pick our starting XI from this squad!

An injury run like Roeder had and we genuinely might be relegated, and I can't remember the last season we didn't have above average injury problems (cue Alex :rolleyes: ).

Guest alex
I think it was alex who pointed this out the other day. A couple of injuries during the season and we are going to have to pick our starting XI from this squad!

An injury run like Roeder had and we genuinely might be relegated, and I can't remember the last season we didn't have above average injury problems (cue Alex :rolleyes: ).

Last season.

Last season.

We didn't? Certainly seemed like it, although maybe just to key players, which is something else that reletively worsens the smaller the squad.

But we still have a few weeks left of the transfer window... :rolleyes:

(Yes, that was sarcasm)

Just don't tell Spurs that. :rolleyes:

What is everyone worried about? Kev said he wants to bring in at least 4 new players before the season starts.

:rolleyes:

What is everyone worried about? Kev said he wants to bring in at least 4 new players before the season starts.

:rolleyes:

I don't think Kev is as much in the loop as he'd like - hope to be totally wrong on this clearly.

It would be very interesting to see just how much is in the basket for the 'recruitment' team to spend - both transfer and wage wise.