Mackems

jarra jim

They've bought a few reserves from the team that finished 2 points above us last year and a past his best winger who's surplus to requirements at a relegation bait club.

I still don't see it just yet.

In theory they're not better than us. But we'll only as good as the players we can put on the pitch... so if a few injuries pop up, we're basically as good as Ameobi and Smith. :rolleyes:

Honestly though, as much as it pains me to say - they have improved their squad a fair bit. With big changes like that though, there will surely be a settling in period. Plus, they haven't really strengthened their defense (does anyone count a whinging aging Frenchman?) so as much as their attack has improved Tottenham showed last season (and we have showed before) that it doesn't matter if you can score at a healthy rate when you're leaking goals at the other end.

I think they will finish 15th-16th but they will still be a few points off relegation due to the shite brought up from the CCC.

The thing is as soon as the mackems sign a 'decent' player the begin to start talking about finishing above us, us 'bricking it'', them finishing 5th, extending the group for european football etc etc.

Without realizing they have a few Tottenham reserves and a Bolton want away. Decent players but players I wouldn't say are near what we have or what we've signed and what we will sign.

I would have had malbranque but that's it.

They still have nothing up front Jones is out, chopra and the rest of their strikers are terrible, Diouf isn't that good up front. I think it's funny how great they think they are now.

It would be intersesting to see Danny B's honest assessment of the 3 that have gone to the mackems. I have to say though, when the news said they were after 4 Spurs players I was impressed up until the point they named them.

Spurs couldn't beat anyone in the top 7 last year, with or without Ramos at the helm. If the mackems think they're going to be there or thereabouts with those rejects they're going to get a shock.

It would be intersesting to see Danny B's honest assessment of the 3 that have gone to the mackems. I have to say though, when the news said they were after 4 Spurs players I was impressed up until the point they named them.

No problem:

Chimbonda: Great going forward, not so fantastic going back, needs to be a first team starter due to poor attitude, odd lapse of concentration but loves to overlap and stick the crosses in. Good in the air. Good RBs are at a premium so I think hes a good buy.

TT: Blood and guts midfielder, literally. Will give his all on the pitch and is vastly underated talent wise. However he cant string a run of games together as he is made of glass. His versatility works against him as he is often played out of position, has played right across our midfield and at both full backs.

Malbranque: had a slow start for us but was contender for POS last season, not the most talented player but gives his all and is like a terrier on the field, wont give up a lost cause. Best position in the hole but another one played out of position for us on the left.

All good editions to a midtable prem side.

Edited by Danny B

Spurs couldn't beat anyone in the top 7 last year, with or without Ramos at the helm. If the mackems think they're going to be there or thereabouts with those rejects they're going to get a shock.

Beat: Arsenal, Chelsea

Drew: Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool

Point?

Oh dear :rolleyes: it's not even anywhere near being the best in the bottom half.

Jimmy Bullard, for example, would walk into that side.

Oh dear :rolleyes: it's not even anywhere near being the best in the bottom half.

Jimmy Bullard, for example, would walk into that side.

Aye agreed.

Anyone notice this cracking quote:

Read the whole post - Are people saying that with Man U or Chelsea's strongest XI, having their midfield replaced by these players they would drop out of the top four?

Not unless you are kidding yourself.

Coming from the bloke who said he honestly believes their midfield is now champions league standard :rolleyes:

They're an excitable bunch aren't they?

Every club has a cynical mob, where's theirs?

We only have a cynical mob!

Wheres our crazed lunatics?

I think they all died in 1999 to be honest.

:rolleyes: