Who's holding back on here?

Park Life

Summer transfer window related.

Clearly most like to think the day the window closes, but it never turns out like that...I think beer can will start flying mid next week if there is still no movement. :rolleyes:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ant for me has already cracked and Armchair Pundit isn't far behind. :rolleyes:

It's true, it's a fine line I'm treading - think jaythesouthernmag's gone too :rolleyes:

Why would you be peaved with Ashley trying to sort out the mess you're in financially?

Surely you should be pleased he is securing the future of your club?

If we haven't got a decent haul by the last day of the window then I will be worried.

But you've already cracked isn't it? Just masking it. :rolleyes:

Craig cracked weeks ago, but he is a more delayed munitions...Little explosions all over the place. :rolleyes:

Why would you be peaved with Ashley trying to sort out the mess you're in financially?

Is he?

I agree. People are desperate for overnight solutions though. Despite them not having worked in the past.

Ant for me has already cracked and Armchair Pundit isn't far behind. :rolleyes:

Aye but i'm right to have cracked

No matter who we sign now, we had ample time to scout and try sign people, you should be aiming to have them in for the friendlies and such to get settled

not signing when the leagues fcking started...

Just stinks of bad planning, it's not like we had a run of bad injuries and need to find a solution quick.

Cracked. :rolleyes:

Cracked. :rolleyes:

Can't say it doesn't make sense though

Aye but the trick is to camouflage the crack, like my sneaky posts on N.O. which look plausible but are actually little time bombs. :rolleyes:

It's important to have a holding positon ie remain a bit sensible, I think you are being hasty too early ant imo.

Edited by Park Life

I agree. People are desperate for overnight solutions though. Despite them not having worked in the past.

The biggest expense for any club is wages, until Ashley gets those on silly money either out or down to a sensible rate you wont be adding to the wage bill significantly.

Once you are running at a self sustained level and become profitable you can then invest again. Is it not enough that he has paid off your debt?

The biggest expense for any club is wages, until Ashley gets those on silly money either out or down to a sensible rate you wont be adding to the wage bill significantly.

Once you are running at a self sustained level and become profitable you can then invest again. Is it not enough that he has paid off your debt?

Agreed. With a Spurs fan. :rolleyes:

But MA agreed some of those big wages.

The sensible thing is to watch the business footprint reg wages etc...But not forget that the bottom line is that we must compete to go forward and develop revenue streams. One can't happen without the other.

Whoa there Neddy, Ashley's done an okay job of sorting said finances out, but what's the point if you're unable to compete at the end of the table where you actually make money? We could at least have bulked up the squad a bit even if it wasn't with top star players. I never expected us to get enough top players in to challenge the top four but there's plenty of good squad players out there we could have brought in by now. I've said before that you don't make money without spending it and that part of football is no different to any other business.

And for the record I'm pretty sure transfers can't be that bloody difficult to sort, unless you're a penny pinching, tight-arsed fat southern miser.

Whoa there Neddy, Ashley's done an okay job of sorting said finances out, but what's the point if you're unable to compete at the end of the table where you actually make money? We could at least have bulked up the squad a bit even if it wasn't with top star players. I never expected us to get enough top players in to challenge the top four but there's plenty of good squad players out there we could have brought in by now. I've said before that you don't make money without spending it and that part of football is no different to any other business.

And for the record I'm pretty sure transfers can't be that bloody difficult to sort, unless you're a penny pinching, tight-arsed fat southern miser.

Short sighted Im afraid. You are going to have to consolidate before moving forward.

Oh ye of little faith...

Can't believe that it's 31 July and some of you have already given up the cause. We've made 3 signings, we're in for a fourth and I think we'll have more developments as the window progresses. That's what "progressing" means. There's still plenty of time for us to identify targets and bring them in, and I'd rather we had a methodical way of doing this than panic buys and the chairman buying whoever he likes.

Remember, two of our better signings last season came on deadline day.

Short sighted Im afraid. You are going to have to consolidate before moving forward.

Fuck off, there's no short-sightedness there at all. Without an adequate squad you can't compete to a reasonable standard to improve your situation in the future. We've lost players from an already thin squad and struggled to replace them, at best we'll be in the same position we were last season, except all the teams around us will have strengthened further moving us further down the league.

Oh ye of little faith...

Can't believe that it's 31 July and some of you have already given up the cause. We've made 3 signings, we're in for a fourth and I think we'll have more developments as the window progresses. That's what "progressing" means. There's still plenty of time for us to identify targets and bring them in, and I'd rather we had a methodical way of doing this than panic buys and the chairman buying whoever he likes.

Remember, two of our better signings last season came on deadline day.

And the three signings we've made are all of a good enough level to compete? I'd like to think that Jonas is but the other two? No, can't see it myself. Once again we're in the same old situation as always where we have to hope that by the last day of the transfer season (after the season's started) we'll be lucky and get some saviours in - it won't happen though, you know it and I know it, it'll be another anticlimax like it was in January. We have the manager in now to do the job but not the financial backing. I'll be amazed if we finish in the top 10 next year, I think it's far more likely that we'll be in a relegation battle once again though a slip even further behind turds like the Spuds, etc who up until recently were trying to keep up with us.

Firstly, he's done an amazing job of sorting the finances out, he's paid off the fucking debt man :rolleyes:

I'd like to have seen some more players in but I don't doubt they've been trying. Why did he employ Wise and Jimenez for a start? Why did he bring KK in and pay off Allardyce? All that's because he's tight I suppose? Erm, if you say so. And I'd say football is very different from most other businesses. And speculate to accumulate is just a cliche which doesn't actually mean anything in itself. And aye, transfers are easy to complete. That's why Villa have signed nobody, Berbatov has gone to Man Utd and Barry is now at Liverpool.

start of the season for me tbh, if they aren't in by then they're not going to have had any time with us before matches are rolling by and that's time we can't afford to give players for certain positions(centre mid for one)