Sign in to follow this  
Ant

Who is your favourite ...

Same as the other thread but including past and present players

think mine are easily Zola

swiftly followed by Bergkamp

a total joy to watch either of them at times

hmm good one, I'd say Zidane and more recently kaka, the way they play was/is just elegantly effortless, the way they ghosted past players like they weren't even there

Zola seems a gent and was a joy to watch. I remember watching his last game for Chelsea against Liverpool(I think). Brilliant. Played with a smile on his face the whole time.

Guest Stevie

Well if you're including foreign cunts, my favourite foreign player was without hesitation, Marco van Basten.

Well if you're including foreign cunts, my favourite foreign player was without hesitation, Marco van Basten.

You watched foreign football! :rolleyes:

Does your mum know?

Edited by Torres

Don't really have a favourite apart for big Al. Just a few players I have loads of respect for like Ronaldo (real one) and Zidane (seeing as I saw while he was playing for Bordeaux... he then went on to win France a WC though :rolleyes:)

This man.

Growing up watching Football Italia as a bairn there can't be any doubt for me, he's also the best European player I've seen in my lifetime, beats Zidane iyam. He was also treat disgracefully after that penalty miss despite the fact he pretty much carried that Italy team to the final. There have been several pretenders to his crown, even when he was playing, yet none of them can match Baggio. Fuck over by so many managers in his career, he should never have been playing the game after the injury he suffered when he was 18, absolutely incredible player who wasn't just a genius with the ball at his feet but also who showed a determination to overcome so many outcomes in his career. An absolute great.

I still remember on another forum and there was a poll, which in itself was ridiculous comparing him and Zola, and Zola actually won it. :rolleyes: I mean don't get me wrong Zola was class, but Baggio was in a whole different league.

This guy's the daddy though, just after Baggio as my favourite player, easily the best I've seen in my lifetime, nobody has reached that level he did before injuries knacked him, nobody in my lifetime reached that level, no matter how good everyone else was, from '96-'99 he was just on a different planet to everyone. I've never seen a player who could run at players with such pace combined with such control at the same time, absolutely frightening, in that same period he's as good as anyone to have ever stepped onto a football pitch, it's just an absolute shame what as happened since then. I still love in 2002 how he had barely played for 3 years, was only playing at 60% of the old Ronaldo yet scored the most goals in the tournament for 32 years. If anyone tells me Cristiano is on the same level as his namesake I quite frankly can't take their opinion on football seriously.

Best individual I've seen anyone perform and by some distance, more so the fact as well it was his first season in a top league and at such a young age. Absolutely ridiculous. Especially when you look at some of the names around him how he came and outshone them by some distance. Sir Bobby also said he was the best he's managed.

How many clubs did he play for?

Off the top of me head he played for Vicenza, Fiorentina, Juventus, AC Milan, Bologna, Inter Milan and Brescia.

haha meant the premiership, badly worded on my part as i rushed out the door of work =D

all time anywhere any league etc

Maradona no question

one of the very very few players who could win something on his own... except he could do it consistently

Carragher

Bullard

Giggs

All three guarnetee to give you 100% when they go out onto the pitch and their attitudes are spot on

your joking?

What about his joking?

Carragher

Bullard

Giggs

All three guarnetee to give you 100% when they go out onto the pitch and their attitudes are spot on

your joking?

I like Bullards style of play and he`s a proper 100% guy and I would love to have him at the toon

Carragher is a class defender who loves his club and will run through walls for them, (unlike a centre half we have who thinks he`s better than he is). Should have been picked in front of Terry & The Lip for England IMO

Giggs, well just class shame he isnt English

as for the players of all time in the PL

Zola

Cantona

Bergkamp

Henry

loved watchin them play, pure genius