Data Transfer

andy_w_1986

Im sure anybody here who plays football manager will understand my predicament. I have just brought a new laptop and as my computer knowledge is basic is was wondering if it is possible to transfer my saved game from the old laptop to the new one. If anybody could shed some light on this you it would be greatly appreciated. i have a portable hard drive to transfer it if that makes it easier.

thanks in advance!

Stick the portable hard-drive in the old laptop with the save game on, copy it to it... Plug the portable hard-drive into the new laptop, copy it to the new laptop's hard-drive?

Go into your documents and there should be a sports interactive file somewhere in there then go into the football manager 2008 file and then the file called games all your save games should be in there, just copy them onto your new laptop and put them in the same file.

Go into your documents and there should be a sports interactive file somewhere in there then go into the football manager 2008 file and then the file called games all your save games should be in there, just copy them onto your new laptop and put them in the same file.

ok thanks for the quick response. ill give it a shot and see how it goes.

You could use a memory card/usb stick if your computer has one?

It's simple enough and you'll get it sorted so I wouldn't worry all to much :rolleyes:

well i have got the old game on my portable hard drive but within the football manager 2008 file there doesnt appear to be a 'game' file to drag and drop into. however in the actual game it clearly shows a 'game' folder when i go to save a game. any ideas where the thing might be hiding?

well i have got the old game on my portable hard drive but within the football manager 2008 file there doesnt appear to be a 'game' file to drag and drop into. however in the actual game it clearly shows a 'game' folder when i go to save a game. any ideas where the thing might be hiding?

So you have the save file on your portable Hard drive and you can't find the 'game' folder on your laptop?

If this is the problem then go into my documents, sports interactive, football manager 2008 then simply make a file named game and put the save file in it. If that's not the problem then I'm stumped on how to help hopefully someone else can help mate.

well i dont know what i did but i went into the sports interactive file and 'game' was there so i put the file in there and like magic it has worked. the 'game' file has subsequently hidden itself once again but i have done what i need so it can do what it likes now.

thanks for your help.