Hertha Berlin v Newcastle United

Guest Stevie

Watched the second half. dominated possession but never looked like scoring apart from a couple of cut ins from the right by Duff. Nothing up front (Smith/Milner) and when they did make runs no supply from midfield. Hertha too big, too organised and too clever on the counter for us.

We look shite. Will Oba Owen, Viduka and Faye improve it? No. We are in desperate trouble if we don't buy quality proven premiership right back, centre half, creative midfielder (probably x2) and a target man who can hold it up and stay fit for 30 games a season.

God I'm depressed.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fuck me that was shocking

we need a lot more than 2 players before the season starts to be quite fucking honest

Guthrie looks like he'll takeover from Butt, quietly got on with his role

Geremi, Cacapa, Smith, Ameobi, should not be getting on... Ever

Milner can't cross a ball to save his life..

Spiderman looked eager, tracking back etc, Enrique did alright when he got on, Charlie looked much happier when he moved off left back, duff made a couple of nice moves, taylor did ok

But we lack creativity and someone to link up plays and split defenses in the middle, we need another striker to replace viduka who is old and too injury prone as well tbh

man that was a depressing watch, i think even I coulda had a couple of flukey shots at goal compared to smith and ameobi...

add all that to the fact setanta's commentry was like ch5's... stupid fckers were banging on about our french defender we still had on trial... seriously lads lift a fucking newspaper or something

Agree we looked very very ordinary.

Watched the second half. dominated possession but never looked like scoring apart from a couple of cut ins from the right by Duff. Nothing up front (Smith/Milner) and when they did make runs no supply from midfield. Hertha too big, too organised and too clever on the counter for us.

We look shite. Will Oba Owen, Viduka and Faye improve it? No. We are in desperate trouble if we don't buy quality proven premiership right back, centre half, creative midfielder (probably x2) and a target man who can hold it up and stay fit for 30 games a season.

God I'm depressed.

I wouldn't say we dominated posession as much as knocking it around in nothing areas without a clue as to what to do with it.

What's wrong with Enrique?

Keegan seems to agree with Fat Sam that Zoggy should be playing there. :icon_lol:

Don't think so, Zoggy looked bad and indecisive there, Ricky was twice the player at LB when he came on. Ricky is only 22, I think we forget that and this second season we will see more from him I'm sure.

The goal was a squawky, flappy missed clearance from Cacapa..Lazy old and crap. He didn't even bother to run back and cover when it looked like the bloke was going round the keeper.

Milner: I counted 10 attempted crosses with 0 finding a black and white shirt...Duff came on and straight away looked more dangerous wiht whipped in balls. Duff made one good run which had a hint of the old times about. Gutherie faded badly in the second half.

Shit

Geremi, Butt, Milner, CACAPA, SHOLA. SMITH.

Alright

Zoggy, Duff, Gutherie, Taylor.

Good

Guti, Ricky.

under1.gif's

What we really lacked was some motivation (it was a pre-season game so i'm not suprised) and a bloody good set of strikers.

Gutierrez looked very promising but there is only so much of the park he can cover.

''Pre Season''

Chill. :icon_lol:

yeah relax maaan ...

no worries ...

man.u away from home ... no problem ...

get yourself some decent weed .

pre season is for finding out about verifying your worst worries about playing the donkey and Mr. Smith up front.

I mean they are only backup all the same ... Martins and Owen get injured and we're better off playing Given and Harper up front.

Terry said Sholas pretty big and you could expect at least one chance in fiftty could bounce in off him at corners etc ..

so were all set , no worries ... like ...

bring it on.

Nothings changed - we still have some half-decent but ultimately mediocre players along side irretrievable shite like Ameobi.

Guttirez looked half decent but unless we sign two midfielders who can actually play football the season will be another write-off.

''Pre Season''

Chill. :icon_lol:

yeah relax maaan ...

no worries ...

man.u away from home ... no problem ...

get yourself some decent weed .

pre season is for finding out about verifying your worst worries about playing the donkey and Mr. Smith up front.

I mean they are only backup all the same ... Martins and Owen get injured and we're better off playing Given and Harper up front.

Terry said Sholas pretty big and you could expect at least one chance in fiftty could bounce in off him at corners etc ..

so were all set , no worries ... like ...

bring it on.

What are you expecting from Old Trafford?

1 Point?

Wake the fuck up man.

It's a given 3 points for them and humiliation for us.

and It will be for many years to come.

SameO-SameO, another match we should have won but didn't.

Ameobe continues to be a waste of space.

Why Zoggy and not Enrique at left back? Shades of Sam.

Dismal is as dismal does.

Why Zoggy and not Enrique at left back? Shades of Sam.

Pre-season is the time for Keegan to try these things out for himself. Hopefully he has seen enough now to know that n'Zog is not a LB.

At least he was switched on enough to cut off the shot from goal, probably assumed his vastly more experienced teamate was going to cover the pass.

For all the grief he gets hes still the best CB at the club and has a good ten years on cacapa to learn from his mistakes

At least he was switched on enough to cut off the shot from goal, probably assumed his vastly more experienced teamate was going to cover the pass.

For all the grief he gets hes still the best CB at the club and has a good ten years on cacapa to learn from his mistakes

:icon_lol:

Well he assumed wrong, obviously not a good enough reader of the game tbf.

Give over, he did exactly what he was meant to. He covered the danger closest to him, if hed stood still the other bloke would have rolled it into an empty net

Covering the danger closest to you at times isn't really exactly what you are meant to do tbf, as was proven tonight seeing as they did actually score, maybe if he used his brain for a change and not covered the so-called danger to him we wouldn't have conceded. Still at least I'm sure someone got a nice cum rag at the end of the match when he hoyed his shirt in the crowd at them.

Tbf its exactly what youre meant to do and its one of the first things you get taught as a coach or a player.

Youre arguing for the sake of it. If he had stood still the bloke would have scored into an empty net. He was switched on and did his job, Cacapa was daydreaming. Youre just proving the fact that ppl on here will have a dig at him for any reason.

Tbf its exactly what youre meant to do and its one of the first things you get taught as a coach or a player.

Youre arguing for the sake of it. If he had stood still the bloke would have scored into an empty net. He was switched on and did his job, Cacapa was daydreaming. Youre just proving the fact that ppl on here will have a dig at him for any reason.

Can I ask you a serious question mate?

What stand out attributes does Taylor have, this is serious btw, what attributes does he have to make you rate him as highly as you do?

I'm not talking just about today, i'm talking about "Stevie T" in general. Half the games he plays he'll go walk about and end up on the goal line while the man he was usually supposed to be marking puts it in.

He's painfully average and miles behind Faye as CB's go. Can't you see that?