George NOT Guilty of Murder of Dando

wykikitoon

Barton maybe had a teeny bit of gun dust, or maybe dust off the box that a gun may or may not have been in, on his coat that he may or may not have worn the same night as Miss Dando was shot. There it is, he's done for....

The conviction always seemed not quite right to me.

I also don't like that having been proved to have got it wrong in a court of law the coppers said they were disappointed and mentioned Dado's family to play the sympathy card to deflect criticism.

good job there was no death penalty

That's always the fatal ( :blink: ) flaw in the death penalty, no conviction is ever 100%, just reasonable doubt and that means some innocent people would always be killed by the state.

Having said that in this case George is a nutter with a string of convictions against woman (the worst being an attempted rape conviction, plus other allegations of rape) he's not exactly the "innocent" :icon_lol: that he is being painted by the media.

The issue is that once you discount the gun powder (which was massively over egged in his original trial) although there's a lot of circumstantial evidence (he looks a lot like the photo fit of someone seen running from the area which was put out at the time, a year before he was arrested and several witnesses put him in that street around that time - although none at the exact time, and the only one with 100% certainty 4 hours after the murder), there's not enough to convict him.

So there's at least a reasonable chance the police got the right person, but just couldn't prove it.

So is that a victory for justice? Well maybe...

good job there was no death penalty

Like a fly to dogshit Rob.

doesn't prove he didn't do it.

He's a dodgy character though, and we will see what the reaction is if he is in the dock in future for stalking, assaulting or something......lets hope the victim isn't someone you know

The fact that he might not have done it doesn't justify keeping the likes of Abu Hamza etc alive, and all his accomplices either, instead of paying these shitbags to have 600k houses and all the benefits possible, all from your pocket as a taxpayer.

In fact the sooner that fucker is offloaded onto the yanks where they can do what they like with him, including sling him on Death Row, the better.

Doesn't prove he didn't do it.

Yes it does. Unless you have some other criteria other than a court of law.

Spouting about Hamza doesn't deflect from you relishing killing an innocent man - or the irony once again of you slagging of a Muslim when you'd relish Sharia law. Perhaps you should have listened to Hamza - his world is much more like the one you want.

I just think he's a fucking weirdo. The main reason I think he didn't do it is because I don't think he was capable of planning and getting away with (which he would have had to, given it was only a decidedly dodgy bit of forensic evidence found over a year later that secured the conviction, along with the character evidence). His IQ is in the bottom 5%. I also think he'd probably have cracked under questioning if he had done it. Just my take on it. We'll never know I suspect because I can't see them getting someone else for it now. I agree this doesn't prove his innocence though.

Edited by alex

Well it proves that he is innocent in the eyes of the law.

But like I said he's been convicted of attempted rape, got several rape allegations to his name, as well as a string of other issues with women against his name.

He's not the sweet innocent, low intelligence individual, that wouldn't/couldn't hurt anyone that he is being painted to be in some circles (unless you class attempted rape as not hurting anyone) in fact he's proven to pretty nasty and dangerous.

Really speaking his profile is exactly the sort that you would expect in someone that ended up killing a female celebrity for no real reason.

As to whether he did kill Dando, or whether it'll ever be able to be proven beyond reasonable doubt. :icon_lol:

I just think he's a fucking weirdo. The main reason I think he didn't do it is because I don't think he was capable of planning and getting away with (which he would have had to, given it was only a decidedly dodgy bit of forensic evidence found over a year later that secured the conviction, along with the character evidence). His IQ is in the bottom 5%. I also think he'd probably have cracked under questioning if he had done it. Just my take on it. We'll never know I suspect because I can't see them getting someone else for it now. I agree this doesn't prove his innocence though.

The thing is they do say statistically if you cleanly murder someone you have no direct tie to you've got a good chance of getting away with it.

All he really had to do was catch her at the right time, then get rid of the weapon and possibly clothes really, given that he had a year to do it in, it's not a huge ask to manage.

He could have even convinced himself he actually didn't do it after a year.

But in the end it's likely no one will ever know.

Well it proves that he is innocent in the eyes of the law.

But like I said he's been convicted of attempted rape, got several rape allegations to his name, as well as a string of other issues with women against his name.

He's not the sweet innocent, low intelligence individual, that wouldn't/couldn't hurt anyone that he is being painted to be in some circles (unless you class attempted rape as not hurting anyone) in fact he's proven to pretty nasty and dangerous.

Really speaking his profile is exactly the sort that you would expect in someone that ended up killing a female celebrity for no real reason.

As to whether he did kill Dando, or whether it'll ever be able to be proven beyond reasonable doubt. :icon_lol:

I saw a documentary years ago about the Birmingham four while they were still in jail - they were certainly IRA sympathisers and may have even been involved in the movement. That doesn't mean however they weren't fitted up by the police and did do the bombing. See also the bloke who was fitted up for that Rachel Nikell (Sp?) - another dodgy fucker but no murderer.

The George prosecution failed because they couldn't offer any decent evidence whatsoever - I'd call that pretty safe.

I saw a documentary years ago about the Birmingham four while they were still in jail - they were certainly IRA sympathisers and may have even been involved in the movement. That doesn't mean however they weren't fitted up by the police and did do the bombing. See also the bloke who was fitted up for that Rachel Nikell (Sp?) - another dodgy fucker but no murderer.

The George prosecution failed because they couldn't offer any decent evidence whatsoever - I'd call that pretty safe.

The only way he was really "fitted up" was the gun powder evidence was overweighted in his first trial, the rest is all correct...... just rightly not enough to convict on.

Like I said given his history and previous convictions (and all the circumstantial evidence) he's still the number 1 (and only real) suspect, it's just there's no direct evidence and probably never will be.

Either way he'll now get a massive pay out and won't need to rape people in the future I'm sure.

Spouting about Hamza doesn't deflect from you relishing killing an innocent man - or the irony once again of you slagging of a Muslim when you'd relish Sharia law. Perhaps you should have listened to Hamza - his world is much more like the one you want.

I can assure you that anyone in this country who advocates Sharia Law would be dumped into the middle of the English Channel if it were up to me.

The death penalty isn't good enough for some of the scum being kept alive in our prisons, that is fuck all to do with Sharia Law

Don't bother tainting me with that do gooder crap to misrepresent someone with a different opinion to you.

I can assure you that anyone in this country who advocates Sharia Law would be dumped into the middle of the English Channel if it were up to me.

The death penalty isn't good enough for some of the scum being kept alive in our prisons, that is fuck all to do with Sharia Law

Don't bother tainting me with that do gooder crap to misrepresent someone with a different opinion to you.

:icon_lol:

How many times have you advocated severe punishments for petty crimes?

See beyond the actual religion and its the same principle - vengeance not justice.

How many times have you advocated severe punishments for petty crimes?

See beyond the actual religion and its the same principle - vengeance not justice.

I don't care about the principle. Don't taint me with that do gooder shite, advocating the death penalty for scum has fuck all to do with Sharia Law.

Severe punishment ? What do you class as severe punishment ? I think the law is far too soft on far too many tosspots.

He's an oddball and should be in care to protect himself and others but there's no way he did it. All the evidence was incredibly shakey from the off and the police lied through their teeth about one or two things which they should be ashamed of.

Still, I suppose 8 years in jail is George getting of lightly. If he'd been olive skinned they'd have shot him in the face 7 or 8 times.