Do yourself a favour and don't buy the NotW the'morra

Ketsbaia

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised these people are choosing us to be honest. We're costing a lot more than Everton or Boro would, we have no connections to the far east, and if you look at a club like Arsenal, you can't get moved for turbans when you go to Highbury/Emirates, they could be a more cultural link and are a bigger club at present, so the question would be "why us"?

However, I will say my gut instinct is this has more credibility than other similar stories which have come before.

Newcastle is a sleeping giant with a very strong local footprint, it's more or less a monopoly with guraranteed income ratio's. My mate at Coutts values the club at £240m. We are the kind of club with the possibility to add significantly to turnover, correctly handled. The brand has a very strong possibility to grow in the far east.

Man U - Global brand

Liv - Global brand

Arsenal - Euro Brand

Chelsea - Becoming a Euro brand, but need to win the CL to take the step up.

After that the only other two clubs that are known in Euro are :

Spurs

Newcastle

Spurs ... Euro following ... :icon_lol::blink::nufc: Villa; Neverton and Forest are better known than Spurs.

Not true. They'd be 6th in terms of worldwide recognition I think well above Everton and Villa, and I've travelled enough to know that.

You haven't moved outside your own backdoor judging by the racist crap you go on with. Spurs don't have worldwide recognition ... didn't realize Neverton were fifth. Nobody follow spurs even Europewide ... why the hell would they? ...nothing club.

You're wrong there although they don't have anywhere near the amount of plastic gloryhunters at certain other clubs I can think of.

No I'm not. I've travelled extensively for over 20 years and rarely seen a spurs shirt anywhere except by drunken expats ... which hardly implies worldwide support. Funny how you love the 'plastic' dig every time, yet think you support a big club with a potential worldwide fanbase. You'll never see that no matter who buys your club, because, like spurs, you're too backyard and that's where you'll stay.

The smalltown sentiments you express will never attract a bigger following ... thus leaving you and your club trailing in every respect.

You say owt but your prayers imo. I seriously doubt you're even 20.

That aside, how exactly is what I'm saying or what I've said on here an indication that I'm some deluded fan thinking we're massive with potential world wide appeal? And how am I expressing 'smalltown sentiments'?

Because you always feel the need to use the 'plastic' jibe whenever there's something you can't argue against ... implying of course that because you're 'local' that your ideas are somewhat superior.

What was the name of that great british comedy from the 70s/80s that had this bizarre shoopkeeping couple who didn't take kindly to strangers ... but loved 'locals'? ... name escapes me.

Think that's one of the first times I've used the plastic jibe. Liverpool has got loads of supporters who fit the bill though, due to past success in fairness. You're the archetypal example.

That's The League of Gentlemen in the 90s btw.

I'm surprised these people are choosing us to be honest. We're costing a lot more than Everton or Boro would, we have no connections to the far east, and if you look at a club like Arsenal, you can't get moved for turbans when you go to Highbury/Emirates, they could be a more cultural link and are a bigger club at present, so the question would be "why us"?

However, I will say my gut instinct is this has more credibility than other similar stories which have come before.

Newcastle is a sleeping giant with a very strong local footprint, it's more or less a monopoly with guraranteed income ratio's. My mate at Coutts values the club at £240m. We are the kind of club with the possibility to add significantly to turnover, correctly handled. The brand has a very strong possibility to grow in the far east.

Man U - Global brand

Liv - Global brand

Arsenal - Euro Brand

Chelsea - Becoming a Euro brand, but need to win the CL to take the step up.

After that the only other two clubs that are known in Euro are :

Spurs

Newcastle

Spurs ... Euro following ... :blink::nufc: :nufc: Villa; Neverton and Forest are better known than Spurs.

Not true. They'd be 6th in terms of worldwide recognition I think well above Everton and Villa, and I've travelled enough to know that.

You haven't moved outside your own backdoor judging by the racist crap you go on with. Spurs don't have worldwide recognition ... didn't realize Neverton were fifth. Nobody follow spurs even Europewide ... why the hell would they? ...nothing club.

You're wrong there although they don't have anywhere near the amount of plastic gloryhunters at certain other clubs I can think of.

No I'm not. I've travelled extensively for over 20 years and rarely seen a spurs shirt anywhere except by drunken expats ... which hardly implies worldwide support. Funny how you love the 'plastic' dig every time, yet think you support a big club with a potential worldwide fanbase. You'll never see that no matter who buys your club, because, like spurs, you're too backyard and that's where you'll stay.

The smalltown sentiments you express will never attract a bigger following ... thus leaving you and your club trailing in every respect.

You say owt but your prayers imo. I seriously doubt you're even 20.

That aside, how exactly is what I'm saying or what I've said on here an indication that I'm some deluded fan thinking we're massive with potential world wide appeal? And how am I expressing 'smalltown sentiments'?

Because you always feel the need to use the 'plastic' jibe whenever there's something you can't argue against ... implying of course that because you're 'local' that your ideas are somewhat superior.

What was the name of that great british comedy from the 70s/80s that had this bizarre shoopkeeping couple who didn't take kindly to strangers ... but loved 'locals'? ... name escapes me.

Think that's one of the first times I've used the plastic jibe. Liverpool has got loads of supporters who fit the bill though, due to past success in fairness. You're the archetypal example.

That's The League of Gentlemen in the 90s btw.

You are archetypal of those two shopkeepers in the league of gentlemen .. love your locals ... really suspicious of all those foreigners !! It isn't really a personal jibe, but it is a sign of small time thinking and is a result of little or no, recognition, success or status and casts a rather regressive image of your club.

If you like that image ... then 'keep it local'! :icon_lol:

You are archetypal of those two shopkeepers in the league of gentlemen .. love your locals ... really suspicious of all those foreigners !! It isn't really a personal jibe, but it is a sign of small time thinking and is a result of little or no, recognition, success or status and casts a rather regressive image of your club.

And it has it's good and bad points - more supporters generate cash and so on but they're gloryhunting pricks at the same time. It's just inevitable.

I find what you're saying quite funny though because you don't seem to realise that the way you go on here is exactly what defines you as such. Makes you come across as an attention-seeking kid as well.

That's absolute twaddle about me and the local thing btw. I seriously doubt you could back it up either.

Edited by alex

I'm sure you've never been to Liverpool (being there for 2 weeks as a 3 month baby doesn't count).

Of at least your choice of penis extension club is a strange one if you have.

If you like that image ... then 'keep it local'! :D

And it has it's good and bad points - more supporters generate cash and so on but they're gloryhunting pricks at the same time. It's just inevitable.

I find what you're saying quite funny though because you don't seem to realise that the way you go on here is exactly what defines you as such. Makes you come across as an attention-seeking kid as well.

That's absolute twaddle about me and the local thing btw. I seriously doubt you could back it up either.

I wouldn't even try ... it's the way your posts come across to a 'non local'.

I know by now what is thought of people who are not 'locals' so it isn't a surprise anymore. If 'locals' don't agree with you they call you 'plastic' an 'OTT' or a 'kid' because it makes them feel more secure, more entitled, completely ignoring the fact of course that the club is owned by a 'non local' and most of the best players are 'non local' and one of their biggest objectives is to qualify for a 'non local' competition!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... see the irony.

They have no global outlook ... yet expect the club to play in Europe. Never thinking how useful it is to have fans abroad to support you in tricky away games.

There's small town cunts forya.

I know by now what is thought of people who are not 'locals' so it isn't a surprise anymore. If 'locals' don't agree with you they call you 'plastic' an 'OTT' or a 'kid' because it makes them feel more secure, more entitled, completely ignoring the fact of course that the club is owned by a 'non local' and most of the best players are 'non local' and one of their biggest objectives is to qualify for a 'non local' competition!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... see the irony.

They have no global outlook ... yet expect the club to play in Europe. Never thinking how useful it is to have fans abroad to support you in tricky away games.

What a pleb. :razz:

Maybe you haven't seen our away support? Take the Inter away game for example. We nearly had more in the stadium than they did.

When we talk about "local" we mean the kind of relationship a club should have with its community, the kind of thing that is slowly being killed off by Sky, the "global brand" of the Premier League, and the like.

Don't know why I'm bothering to discuss this with you though - you're plastic, but you're just short of being plastic enough to be oblivious. So you've got a huge chip on your shoulder about not being a proper fan, which is why you try to stroke your ego on these boards and spout this shite about us being "small town." It's pathetic.

My God :D This is a shining example of someone who indeed has no clue what is means to live and breathe your local club.

Thing is, many clubs need their far away support. those that have become attached to a club through their style of play, their success or whatever. Thats how I see torres. Fair enough. thing is though, he can't begin to question what it is to support your own club as us, and many supporters of other clubs do for the club most certainly need those also. Being owned by a non-local or non local players has fuck all to do with this. Its about the club, the club is more than its players or owners, you dont identify the club by those. Its identified largely by where its from, its colours and its home support.

My God :D This is a shining example of someone who indeed has no clue what is means to live and breathe your local club.

Thing is, many clubs need their far away support. those that have become attached to a club through their style of play, their success or whatever. Thats how I see torres. Fair enough. thing is though, he can't begin to question what it is to support your own club as us, and many supporters of other clubs do for the club most certainly need those also. Being owned by a non-local or non local players has fuck all to do with this. Its about the club, the club is more than its players or owners, you dont identify the club by those. Its identified largely by where its from, its colours and its home support.

Spot on.

All this shite you spout calling us 'small minded' and being obsessed with locals and that's why we wont attract foreign glory hunting fans is utter bollocks go and find some 'local' Liverpool fans the vast majority of them will hate 'fans' like you.

If there is any truth in this then I really hope we don't become another Chelsea, I really can't stand that club and their johnny-come-lately fans.

It would be murder for all you out of towners, the likes of yourself, Happy Face etc...who would get branded gloryhunters straight away.

:D

I'd gladly put up with it.

Hope its true as clearly Ashley isnt going to spend the kind of money that will allow us to push the top four. An owner that isnt bothered about making money from the club is a big plus

is the correct answer

Don't understand why everybody defends Ashley all the time. Selling the club for that money gets him all his money back, including paying off the ground. He would be a fool to turn it down. Most of the things he has done has suggested he was making the club a saleable item rather than a long term success on the field.

We will see, but if I were him, I'd take it. And if the owner is someone like this, and he's geninely interested in the football, then its for the best.

"Newcastle is not something you make a profit on, you have to enjoy and love it. "

-Mike Ashley

Guest Stevie
If there is any truth in this then I really hope we don't become another Chelsea, I really can't stand that club and their johnny-come-lately fans.

It would be murder for all you out of towners, the likes of yourself, Happy Face etc...who would get branded gloryhunters straight away.

I'd gladly put up with it.

Good lad, you didn't take the bait, like that other cunt from your neck of the woods NJS. Sense of humour MNJS son./

Torres I've just read your post, you are nobhead, and go against all my footballing principles, you total cock. I'll pull it to pieces in depth later on.

slipping Park meister, slipping

that contribution was hardly the incisive and inflammatory comment we expect from you - even on a Sunday night in Jormany

"I'm excited by Kevin, seeing the team play, all of it. I think we're going to have a bit of fun." Mike Ashley.

He's only ever watched an Allardyce team before, comparatively it's been like watching the Holland of '88 for him.

I hate the press so much. I hate them, I think people should be made accountable as to who their source is.

I don't think journalists should ever have to divulge their sources. They should just have an iota of integrity about what they print and do a bit of fact checking before going ahead with a story.

Of course, if the company had been approached for confirmation or denial prior to printing, they wouldn't have had a few pages filled. Much better to go to print early and eat some jellied eels, the fat pigs.

They should be forced to watch All The Presidents Men, Good Night and Good Luck, and series 5 of The Wire on a loop until they understand what the word journalist even means.

Edited by Happy Face