Who we need to get shot of quick fast

fatolaf

You're Fired  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

barton did start to play well towards the back end of the season. however, i'm guessing he's on the list for his off the field antics. should we wrap up the collocini deal, i'd like to see faye moved into midfield, with butt second choice.

Needed a multi-choice poll tbh.

It is multi choice fella, I voted for 3 players

Bollocks :icon_lol:

In that case Id add Shola & Geremi. Id keep Barton for now, also Duff & Faye for now.

Ameobi, Smith, Duff, Viduka, Geremi, Butt and Cacapa over the next 12 months.

Something like that, unless Duff makes a miraculous recovery and Butt enjoys an indian summer.

Viduka I dunno though, he was a massive, if largely untrumpeted, difference (when he played) last season. Type of player he is if he can stay fit he should be pretty decent for a season or two yet.

Viduka I dunno though, he was a massive, if largely untrumpeted, difference (when he played) last season. Type of player he is if he can stay fit he should be pretty decent for a season or two yet.

Thing is yes he can be excellent, like he was against Borough, but then there are games where he looks like he could not give a shit, combine that with his injury record and we have a rather expensive occasional hero... Not sure about him, lets see what he does between start of season and January me thinks...

Thing is yes he can be excellent, like he was against Borough, but then there are games where he looks like he could not give a shit, combine that with his injury record and we have a rather expensive occasional hero... Not sure about him, lets see what he does between start of season and January me thinks...

I think you're both right really. He was class towards the end of the season and was key in making the 4-3-3 work but he's injury-prone, lacks motivation and is coming towards the end of his career. We need to look to upgrade but there's others who would ideally be away first.

I think you're both right really. He was class towards the end of the season and was key in making the 4-3-3 work but he's injury-prone, lacks motivation and is coming towards the end of his career. We need to look to upgrade but there's others who would ideally be away first.

Aye that's the thing, signing a better younger Viduka (or someone similar anyway) would be excellent, but just losing him for the sake of cutting his wages without replacing him (or just relying on anyone else we have) wouldn't be progressive, just cost cutting.

Aye that's the thing, signing a better younger Viduka (or someone similar anyway) would be excellent, but just losing him for the sake of cutting his wages without replacing him (or just relying on anyone else we have) wouldn't be progressive, just cost cutting.

The thinking is Viduka, Butt and Cacapa are out of contract next Summer and all 3 of them look to be on their way down, it would be the perfect time to move them on and go about bringing younger, more consistent players in.

Get Duff, Smith and Shola out this season while we've got a chance of getting some sort of transfer fee for them.

The thinking is Viduka, Butt and Cacapa are out of contract next Summer and all 3 of them look to be on their way down, it would be the perfect time to move them on and go about bringing younger, more consistent players in.

Yep Cacapa needs to go now for sure, lets not even have the risk that he might play a game, total liability..

As for Vids, I reckon Jan might be the right time, hopefully we will have a new owner by then, and then some cash to replace him, he can then go to which ever relegation team needs the goals (possible) to keep em up, Stoke per chance? :D

Get Duff, Smith and Shola out this season while we've got a chance of getting some sort of transfer fee for them.

exactly, Shola top priority for me with Duffers 2nd, how much are they on a week does anyone know?

Smith and Ameobi - on 90k a week between them and we'd be much better off playing one of our youth team up there.

Currently at 9 hours 30 minutes without a shot on goal.

Real Mallorca - 0

Hertha Berlin - 0

Doncaster - 0

Hartlepool - 0

Everton - 0

Chelsea - 0 (on 45th min)

West Ham - 0 (on 82nd min)

Portsmouth - 0 (on 82nd min)

Tottenham - 0 (on 79th min)

Fulham - 0 (on 84th min)

Liverpool - 0

Blackburn - 2, [pulls shot wide], [heads a sitter over the bar]

Man Utd - 2, [good effort from 20 yards tipped over the bar by VDS], [Piss poor header goes straight up into the air VDS collects easily]

Aston Villa - 0

Middlesbrough - 0 (off 67th min)

Arsenal - 1 [blocked before the ball even left his foot]

Arsenal - 1 [shot cleared off the line]

Birmingham - 0

Arsenal - 0

Blackburn - 1 [fires the ball over the bar]

Portsmouth - 2 [low shot saved by James], [shot deflected]

Everton 1 - [Lescott recovers to turn it around the post]

Alan Smith averages a shot every 2 hours and 24 minutes.

1 shot on target every 6 hours and 6 minutes.

Get rid of Smith.

Whenever I see him, he looks like a lower league player out of his depth. £60k a week for a man who is as inept a midfielder as he is a striker, is frankly ridiculous.

As for Duff, he has been pish for us the last two seasons. However, has also looked decent pre-season (I thought he did well when he came on as sub against Hertha Berlin and was one of our better players last night) and looks like he may have his pace back, so I'd persevere with him.

Edited by Billy Whitehurst

Only saw the last half-hour last night and I know you shouldn't read too much into friendlies but Smith looks fucking shot to me. He doesn't even put himself about the way he used to. * Abysmal.

Only saw the last half-hour last night and I know you shouldn't read too much into friendlies but Smith looks fucking shot to me. He doesn't even put himself about the way he used to. * Abysmal.

Agreed, the one thing you used to be able to rely on, was him to put the effort in and at least unsettle the opposition. In the last two games his movement has been virtually non-existent. Maybe he realises that he isn't in KK's plans once everyone is fit, so he just can't be arsed any more.