Who we need to get shot of quick fast

fatolaf

You're Fired  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Be class like. Money and getting him off the wage bill. We need a striker imo but I suspect Ashley has looked at the club and said buy before you sell because there's still 5 on the books even if Smith goes (Owen, Shola, Martins, Viduka and Carroll).

Do you mean "sell before you buy"? :D

Aye. That's what I meant. :razz:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Be class like. Money and getting him off the wage bill. We need a striker imo but I suspect Ashley has looked at the club and said buy before you sell because there's still 5 on the books even if Smith goes (Owen, Shola, Martins, Viduka and Carroll).

Do you mean "sell before you buy"? :D

Aye. That's what I meant. :razz:

:D

.com...

And Smith must score!

The famous commentary phrase* uttered in the 1983 FA Cup Final as Brighton's Gordon Smith bore down on goal is in our minds today - as we celebrate the first anniversary of Alan Smith's only Newcastle United goal to date.

With a home friendly against Sampdoria goalless, Smith thought he'd marked his Toon debut with a goal on 51 minutes - only to see it wiped out by a linesman's flag.

However he made no mistake eight minutes later, burying a header from a Geremi cross in the Gallowgate End goal.

Since then he's made 37 competitive appearances (30 starts) and played in all four of our friendlies to date this season without finding the net again.

Injuries have taken their toll on Smith, but the 28 year old has still scored 45 Premier League goals in his 264 top -flight league appearances to date.

That puts him 72nd in the all-time Premier scorers table - and 24th, if one counts only those players who are still playing and with Premier clubs for the coming season.

Close season transfers involving players with less Premier goals to their name include Andy Johnson, Peter Crouch, Marcus Bent and Steed Malbranque.

Rumoured moves would see Damien Duff, Gareth Barry and Emmanuel Adebayor joining that list.

Tabloid talk of a move for Smith to Everton seems unlikely, given our current injury, fitness and recruitment issues.

That means he looks being "wor Al" for some time to come.

On that basis we're resolving to accentuate the positive where Smith is concerned and give him every possible encouragement on the field.

You're welcome to join us - and hopefully he might respond by even having the odd shot when in the vicinity of the opposition goal...

(* what's often forgotten is that Gordon Smith had already scored once in that Final against Man United).

:D

It was disappointing seeing him go to Man Utd as I was surprised being such a big Leeds fan that he would step across to the dark side.

I know, living near Leeds at the time, i could not believe he would go over there, trying to be the next Cantona I suppose.. :razz:

I still remember him crying cause he was homesick on the documentary about Lilleshall before it got closed....funny, when you think of him now, being the 'Ard' man an all..... :D