Herita Ilunga

Deano

Toulouse defender Herita Ilunga could leave the club after being linked with a move to Newcastle United.

Ilunga only moved to Toulouse from St Etienne last summer, but is expected to be a back-up player this season.

Reports have linked the full-back with a £2million switch to St James' Park, as Newcastle boss Kevin Keegan looks for new signings.

The 26-year-old admits that, at this stage of his career, he would not be happy to only be a substitute at Toulouse.

Annoying

"I do not exclude leaving," Ilunga told La Depeche du Midi.

"If I do not play, at my age, that becomes annoying for the progression of my career."

Toulouse coach Alain Casanova was non-committal on whether he would be prepared to allow Ilunga to leave the club.

Casanova said: "He has said things, but they are his feelings at the beginning of the season.

"It is a long season. Let's see how things move during August."

Errr no thanks cacapa the second and he looks like a crackhead :Dhttp://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_3940092,00.html

Back-up for Toulouse and he thinks he'll be a starter here? :D

He should slot in nicely next to the second choice centre back from relegated Metz :)

Yeah, Bassong didn't come out with quotes expecting to be an immediate starter though. :icon_lol:

Coloccini, Faye, Taylor, Cacapa, Bassong, Ilunga, Beye, Enrique, Edgar

Of those I'd want Beye and Enrique to be the full backs, Colo and Faye to be centre halves, unless Keegan aims to use Faye in the holding role ...