Tonight's prediction

jarra jim

Guest Stevie
Any idea on the attendance?

More than the 10,016 the saw Tottenham in a top flight League game in 1986, that's for certain.

Apparently Celtic the other best fans in the world got 20,000 tonight against Citeh with free admission pmsl

Edited by Stevie

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More than the 10,016 the saw Tottenham in a top flight League game in 1986, that's for certain.

Apparently Celtic the other best fans in the world got 20,000 tonight against Citeh with free admission pmsl

Free admisson? shirley not?

Interesting fact I heard today stevie, Two english teams have never had an season average attendance of less than 20K.

Name them for me.

Edited by Danny B

Guest Stevie

Interesting fact I heard today stevie, Two english teams have never had an average attendance of less than 20K.

Name them for me.

Interesting fact I heard was since the war two English football clubs have held world record average gates, we're one of them. Another interesting fact I've heard was out of Newcastle and Tottenham who have averaged under 21,000 in the top flight over a season. You obviously know the answer?

Interesting fact I heard today stevie, Two english teams have never had an average attendance of less than 20K.

Name them for me.

Interesting fact I heard was since the war two English football clubs have held world record average gates, we're one of them. Another interesting fact I've heard was out of Newcastle and Tottenham who have averaged under 21,000 in the top flight over a season. You obviously know the answer?

I do but we have both spent some time outside the top flight, surely only fickle fans would turn their back on their club due to relegation.

Guest Stevie

Name them for me.

I do but we have both spent some time outside the top flight, surely only fickle fans would turn their back on their club due to relegation.

Fickle fans come to the fore, when clubs are lowly TENTH, in the top flight. All the clubs had decent gates during the football booms of the sixties and seventies. 20,000 average gate and coming 10th in the best league in the world with no excuses. That and along with 15000 gates IN THE PREMIERSHIP era, have cemented my belief Tottenham will always be mickey mouse.

Wrong.

Guest Stevie

Wrong.

Free admission for season ticket holders of which they claim they have 53,000, other people don't count, so how is it wrong?

Name them for me.

Fickle fans come to the fore, when clubs are lowly TENTH, in the top flight. All the clubs had decent gates during the football booms of the sixties and seventies. 20,000 average gate and coming 10th in the best league in the world with no excuses. That and along with 15000 gates IN THE PREMIERSHIP era, have cemented my belief Tottenham will always be mickey mouse.

The two teams that have never averaged under 20K in a season? Us and Manchester United.

Just checked our ticket info for our next preseason.....only singles left.

Should be good.

Goodnight Stevie.

0,,10278~3741568,00.gif

"Steven Taylor proves that all those 'private interviews' with Alan Oliver were worth while, as he blows the ball into the net for Newcastle's second"

Edited by Ketsbaia

Guest Stevie
Because it's not free, you have a season ticket or pay 20 quid for a ticket.

Yes so for the bulk of the support and proper fans ITS FREE.

Guest Stevie

Name them for me.

The two teams that have never averaged under 20K in a season? Us and Manchester United.

Should be good.

Goodnight Stevie.

Finished yet again........

02-Mar-86 Division 1 16,436 H Liverpool L 1 - 2 Waddle

04-Mar-86 F.A. Cup 5 23,338 H Everton L 1 - 2 Falco

08-Mar-86 Division 1 10,841 H West Bromwich Albion W 5 - 0 Mabbutt, Falco (2), Galvin, Waddle

22-Mar-86 Division 1 34,645 A Newcastle United D 2 - 2 Hoddle, Waddle

29-Mar-86 Division 1 33,427**** H Arsenal W 1 - 0 Stevens

****always been such a big derby with 16000 empty spaces

-Apr-86 Division 1 9,359 H Birmingham City W 2 - 0 Chiedozie, Falco

03-May-86 Division 1 14,854 H Aston Villa W 4 - 2 Falco (2), Allen C (2)

05-May-86 Division 1 13,036 H Southampton W 5 - 3 Galvin (3), Allen C, Waddle

look at the players they had as well pmsl, Waddle, Hoddle, Allen, Falco, Mabbutt, what hard times coming 10th it must have been....

Don't have nightmares do sleep well....doooooooo doooooooo dododo doo doooooo doo do do

It's not like anyone can walk in and given that a lot of ST holders are day trippers from Ireland it's hardly any surprise that they didn't fancy a midweek trip to watch half a first team in a friendly.

I'm going to stop now because the more I argue about it the more it's going to appear like I give a fuck.

Guest Stevie

It's not like anyone can walk in and given that a lot of ST holders are day trippers from Ireland it's hardly any surprise that they didn't fancy a midweek trip to watch half a first team in a friendly.

I'm going to stop now because the more I argue about it the more it's going to appear like I give a fuck.

They have 3,000 season ticket holders with Irish addresses. Which leaves 50,000 jock season ticket holders who didnt go who had free entry to go. Even if you weren't a season ticket holder I'm sure you'd know someone who was, and could've used their ticket.

Name them for me.

Should be good.

Goodnight Stevie.

08-Mar-86 Division 1 10,841 H West Bromwich Albion W 5 - 0 Mabbutt, Falco (2), Galvin, Waddle

look at the players they had as well pmsl, Waddle, Hoddle, Allen, Falco, Mabbutt, what hard times coming 10th it must have been....

Don't have nightmares do sleep well....doooooooo doooooooo dododo doo doooooo doo do do

What part of average are you struggling with Stevie? Do you need me to explain what average means?

We can all pick out particular games, for example in the Uefa a couple of season back where you were half full.

The FACT is we have never averaged under 20K over a season, even in the second tier.

Guest Stevie

Name them for me.

Should be good.

Goodnight Stevie.

What part of average are you struggling with Stevie? Do you need me to explain what average means?

We can all pick out particular games, for example in the Uefa a couple of season back where you were half full.

The FACT is we have never averaged under 20K over a season, even in the second tier.

Why can't you answer my question ugly? Of Newcastle and Tottenham who have averaged under 21,000 in the top flight?

Name them for me.

Should be good.

Goodnight Stevie.

Why can't you answer my question ugly? Of Newcastle and Tottenham who have averaged under 21,000 in the top flight?

A can it was Spurs, so you have pulled out a stat to say that you have averaged 1K more than us in ONE season.

When we went down, unlike your mob, it wasnt rats from a sinking ship, we stood firm and cheered the team back to the top division.

No one likes a fair weather fan, and Newcastle seems to have more than most.

Shame Isegrim's on holiday. Anyone know any gardening tips?

Someone challenges another of those NUFC myths and back come TTs sensitive types.

"Please admin, ban this WUM....Peeeerrrrrrwwwweeeaaasssseee"

Someone challenges another of those NUFC myths and back come TTs sensitive types.

What are you, eight years old?

As ever, you miss the point.

What are you, eight years old?

No I am able to take a little light hearted ribbing about my club and its fans, unlike some on here who go crying foul every time I post something that is not 100% pro NUFC.

Guest Stevie

When was the last time we had any fair weather you pathetic nobhead, I remember going to Spurs in 98 there was 8,000 empty chairs for the visit of a bigger club. Tottenham are a plastically supported club, with a hardcore of no more than 10,000. Your away support is maybe 12th best in England.