Thursday's Bollocks.

Flair

Liverpool could have raised some of the cash to finance a move for Gareth Barry with the sale of Dirk Kuyt - but the Reds scared off Hamburg with their £16m valuation of the Dutch striker. (Daily Mail)

Sunderland boss Roy Keane is set to test Blackburn boss Paul Ince's resolve with a £7m bid for Ewood Park striker Benni McCarthy. (Various)

Aston Villa are close to securing the signature of Middlesbrough right-back Luke Young for about £5m and Reading left-back Nicky Shorey for £4m. (Various)

Newcastle manager Kevin Keegan insists Alan Smith still has a future at the club, despite reports linking the striker with a move to Everton. (Daily Star)

Deportivo La Coruna claim they have agreed to sell centre-back Fabricio Coloccini to the Magpies. (The Times)

Tottenham are lining up a bid for Rangers' £12m-rated defender Carlos Cuellar. (Scottish Sun)

Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp has been told he needs to sell players to raise the funds to buy Tottenham centre-back Younes Kaboul. (Daily Mail)

West Ham will bring in defender Gael Givet from Marseille for £1.75m. (Various)

Birmingham midfielder Sebastian Larsson will hold showdown talks over his future with the club next week. (Mirror)

Crystal Palace are weighing up whether to sign midfielder John Oster after his summer release by Reading. (Various)

OTHER GOSSIP

Manchester City manager Mark Hughes wants talks about the situation at the club following reports that owner Thaksin Shinawatra wants to sell the Eastlands outfit. (The Sun)

However, Hughes is not worried by the speculation and insists that if any investors come in they will not have an impact on his transfer plans. (Guardian)

Chelsea captain John Terry says winning the Premier League is the club's priority for the upcoming season. (Various)

Former Tottenham winger Chris Waddle is not happy at striker Dimitar Berbatov apparently wanting to leave the club and fears Spurs could become a feeder club. (Various)

AND FINALLY

John Terry, who missed the penalty that would have won Chelsea last season's Champions League, believes the Blues will face former Stamford Bridge boss Jose Mourinho's Inter Milan in this season's competition. (The Sun)

I think we should sell Ameobi and get Benni, would be a good signing mind.

Regards,

Attain

Edited by Attain

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Liverpool could have raised some of the cash to finance a move for Gareth Barry with the sale of Dirk Kuyt - but the Reds scared off Hamburg with their £16m valuation of the Dutch striker. (Daily Mail)

Sunderland boss Roy Keane is set to test Blackburn boss Paul Ince's resolve with a £7m bid for Ewood Park striker Benni McCarthy. (Various)

Aston Villa are close to securing the signature of Middlesbrough right-back Luke Young for about £5m and Reading left-back Nicky Shorey for £4m. (Various)

Newcastle manager Kevin Keegan insists Alan Smith still has a future at the club, despite reports linking the striker with a move to Everton. (Daily Star)

Deportivo La Coruna claim they have agreed to sell centre-back Fabricio Coloccini to the Magpies. (The Times)

Tottenham are lining up a bid for Rangers' £12m-rated defender Carlos Cuellar. (Scottish Sun)

Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp has been told he needs to sell players to raise the funds to buy Tottenham centre-back Younes Kaboul. (Daily Mail)

West Ham will bring in defender Gael Givet from Marseille for £1.75m. (Various)

Birmingham midfielder Sebastian Larsson will hold showdown talks over his future with the club next week. (Mirror)

Crystal Palace are weighing up whether to sign midfielder John Oster after his summer release by Reading. (Various)

OTHER GOSSIP

Manchester City manager Mark Hughes wants talks about the situation at the club following reports that owner Thaksin Shinawatra wants to sell the Eastlands outfit. (The Sun)

However, Hughes is not worried by the speculation and insists that if any investors come in they will not have an impact on his transfer plans. (Guardian)

Chelsea captain John Terry says winning the Premier League is the club's priority for the upcoming season. (Various)

Former Tottenham winger Chris Waddle is not happy at striker Dimitar Berbatov apparently wanting to leave the club and fears Spurs could become a feeder club. (Various)

AND FINALLY

John Terry, who missed the penalty that would have won Chelsea last season's Champions League, believes the Blues will face former Stamford Bridge boss Jose Mourinho's Inter Milan in this season's competition. (The Sun)

I think we should sell Ameobi and get Benni, would be a good signing mind.

Regards,

Attain

ha ha. Become?

Sad reality is, if the top four want one of your players, then they will have them.

No one is exempt.

No it isn't because if you have players who want to play for your team then your logic is flawed. E.g Martins.

Tbf I reckon if Arsenal had genuinely been interested Martins would have been off like a shot. And that's not saying anything against the lad as he seems like a genuine kid.

Tbf I reckon if Arsenal had genuinely been interested Martins would have been off like a shot. And that's not saying anything against the lad as he seems like a genuine kid.

Bingo. Although you probably pay him more than he would get at Arsenal anyway.

Steven Taylor (Chelsea), Alan Shearer, the list could go on all day. Aaron Spear who we beat Arsenal off for.

Regards,

Attain

Edited by Attain

Gareth Bale just a notable one from your club. :D

Regards,

Attain

They paid hefty coin for him though.

£13.8?

I believe it was £10m and I don't see how the price has any relevance to the argument.

Regards,

Attain.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Brilliant.

If any of the top four had been serious about signing these players they would have got them.

Bale would be a united player now if they hadn't been scared off by SCBCs valuation.

Delusional.

Regards,

B

A player like Spear might have thought it was too early in his career to go to a club in the top 4. If he's a regular for us in 3 years time and we're mid-table and a top 4 side comes knocking he'll probably be away.

If any of the top four had been serious about signing these players they would have got them.

Bale would be a united player now if they hadn't been scared off by SCBCs valuation.

Delusional.

Regards,

B

Your the only one who is delusional. As Spear categorically stated Arsenal were interested but he prefered to move to us. Shearer was well publicised. So please take your personal attacks and what not elsewhere.

Regards,

Attain

Edited by Attain

A player like Spear might have thought it was too early in his career to go to a club in the top 4. If he's a regular for us in 3 years time and we're mid-table and a top 4 side comes knocking he'll probably be away.

Has no relevance to the argument which was top 4 always get their man.

Regards,

Attain

We were top 4 when Shearer signed though. 2nd best team in the country, hometown club. He turned us down when he signed for Blackburn though.

Has no relevance to the argument which was top 4 always get their man.

Regards,

Attain

It does really. They generally do and there tends to be mitigating circumstances when they don't.

Delusional.

Regards,

B

Your the only one who is delusional. As Spear categorically stated Arsenal were interested but he prefered to move to us. Shearer was well publicised. So please take your personal attacks and what not elsewhere.

Regards,

Attain

I'll give you shearer but he is the exeption that proves the rule. Apparently Zokora snubbed Arsenal for us. Do I believe that for a second? No?

We offered more money for the player than they did, end of story. If there was interest from Arsenal, they obviously didnt match your bid.

You can romantisise all you like but Plymouth will sell to the highest bidder and to be honest if you are there the bright lights of any prem club seem like a step up.

Regards,

Attain

£13.8?

I believe it was £10m and I don't see how the price has any relevance to the argument.

Regards,

Attain.

"Bale would be a united player now if they hadn't been scared off by SCBCs valuation." [Danny B/]

Check DB's post. ^^^^^^^^

I can help you with understanding these things but don't get cocky.

Edited by Park Life

Regards,

Attain

£13.8?

Regards,

Attain.

"Bale would be a united player now if they hadn't been scared off by SCBCs valuation." [Danny B/]

Again, the argument was the Top 4 will always get their man. In this case, they wanted him but couldn't pay up or didn't decide to do so. However, this still means they wanted him at some stage. The bit in bold is ironic, don't you think?

Regards,

Attain

Regards,

Attain

£13.8?

Regards,

Attain.

Again, the argument was the Top 4 will always get their man. In this case, they wanted him but couldn't pay up or didn't decide to do so. However, this still means they wanted him at some stage. The bit in bold is ironic, don't you think?

Regards,

Attain

It's clear you don't understand the simplest things let's leave it there. I'm in a good mood. :)

Gareth Bale just a notable one from your club. :icon_lol:

Regards,

Attain

£13.8?

Regards,

Attain.

Regards,

Attain

It's clear you don't understand the simplest things let's leave it there. I'm in a good mood. :icon_lol:

:D:)