€15m For Afellay.

Park Life

Oh god, do me a favour.

I think Andy Gray makes a few good points here, I was never in favour of us pushing a deal through....

'One day Spurs are going to break into the top four but I don't see it happening this season. Selling Keane is a big gamble and Bentley apart, I am not impressed with the players they have brought in.

'If I was a Spurs fan I would be concerned. If Dimitar Berbatov (linked with a move to Manchester United) goes I would be worried about a lack of firepower.

'Darren Bent has been scoring a lot of goals in pre-season friendlies but he seems to find it much harder to score against the big boys.

'I know Spurs have been linked with Arshavin but I think he has been over-hyped. I'm not a big fan of Modric either. He looks ordinary to me but I can only assume Juande Ramos knows what he is doing.'

I can only agree with everything he's said there, apart from one day Spurs are going to break in to the top four, we're the only ones with the calibre and stature and belief to do it, but we're 5 years away maybe. The likes of Bentley if he does well will use Spurs like a stepping stone as they all do, the likes of Carrick, Keane and now of course Berbatov.

Let's not mince words, losing Keane and possibly Berbs is a blunder.

Can't really say it's a blunder on their part ... part of being a feeder club really.

Has Rafa started grooming him for a left back spot yet?

Mere feeder club mortals simply wouldn't understand.

HAHAHA. Not long before Robbies having a strop on the sideline. Rafa the rotator vs the arm waving oirish man. I cant wait.

Wasnt Keane always the one sacrificed when Bent/Defoe needed to come on ?

Happened a few times, it was normally followed by a kicked bottle and a shirt thrown across the dug out. Big time charlie-itis Im afraid.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh god, do me a favour.

I think Andy Gray makes a few good points here, I was never in favour of us pushing a deal through....

'One day Spurs are going to break into the top four but I don't see it happening this season. Selling Keane is a big gamble and Bentley apart, I am not impressed with the players they have brought in.

'If I was a Spurs fan I would be concerned. If Dimitar Berbatov (linked with a move to Manchester United) goes I would be worried about a lack of firepower.

'Darren Bent has been scoring a lot of goals in pre-season friendlies but he seems to find it much harder to score against the big boys.

'I know Spurs have been linked with Arshavin but I think he has been over-hyped. I'm not a big fan of Modric either. He looks ordinary to me but I can only assume Juande Ramos knows what he is doing.'

I can only agree with everything he's said there, apart from one day Spurs are going to break in to the top four, we're the only ones with the calibre and stature and belief to do it, but we're 5 years away maybe. The likes of Bentley if he does well will use Spurs like a stepping stone as they all do, the likes of Carrick, Keane and now of course Berbatov.

Can't really say it's a blunder on their part ... part of being a feeder club really.

HAHAHA. Not long before Robbies having a strop on the sideline. Rafa the rotator vs the arm waving oirish man. I cant wait.

Happened a few times, it was normally followed by a kicked bottle and a shirt thrown across the dug out. Big time charlie-itis Im afraid.

Well he's certainly in the big time now. :D

Oh god, do me a favour.

Frustration at playing below his level no doubt ... good for him that he's moved on.

Frustration at playing below his level no doubt ... good for him that he's moved on.

How many has he notched so far?

The season hasn't started yet. :D

How many pre season games has he played in?

How many pre season games has he played in?

Has played less than 90 minutes I think with one or two assists ... pre season games don't count at big clubs.

More to his game than scoring goals. Not that scoring a load pre-season guarentees anything anyway.

Like tackling back? Winning headers? I think the scouse maybe in for a shock.

He is rated over and above his ability. Trust me, I have had to watch him for 6 seasons.

More to his game than scoring goals. Not that scoring a load pre-season guarentees anything anyway.

He is rated over and above his ability. Trust me, I have had to watch him for 6 seasons.

No, I wouldn't have counted those as his strengths particularly. That's by the by though. Unless I'm mistaken you seemed to be suggesting pre-season is significant (it isn't particularly). If you weren't suggesting that, what point were you making?

Edited by alex

No, I wouldn't have counted those as his strengths particularly. That's by the by though. Unless I'm mistaken you seemed to be suggesting pre-season is significant (it isn't particularly). If you weren't suggesting that, what point were you making?

Just that the loss of RK to be replaced by Modric or Bentley....may not be the disaster everybody has it down for.

Just that the loss of RK to be replaced by Modric or Bentley....may not be the disaster everybody has it down for.

That's what 'How many has he notched so far?' was getting at? OK, if you say so :D

Not sure either of those two are a direct replacement either. I think you've done better than ok in the transfer market so far though.

With proper coaching and really good players around him and vocal passionate fans behind him that will change. Spurs was only a stepping stone to better things ... Now he's in the big time.

With proper coaching and really good players around him and vocal passionate fans behind him that will change. Spurs was only a stepping stone to better things ... Now he's in the big time.

Can we please get a THIS FOOTBALL CLUB IS MY PENIS EXTENSION section please?

It could be fun, without the need for every Newcastle transfer thread needing to turn into one. :D

Can we please get a THIS FOOTBALL CLUB IS MY PENIS EXTENSION section please?

It could be fun, without the need for every Newcastle transfer thread needing to turn into one. :D

Fucking hell, even Newcastle's all time leading arguer has snapped at the mundane consistancy of the spud and bin dipper.

Fucking hell, even Newcastle's all time leading arguer has snapped at the mundane consistancy of the spud and bin dipper.

:)

I think you'll find I'm still behind Alex in that. :icon_lol:77.gif

I don't really mind it, just its own devoted section might stop every newcastle thread turning into it. :D

Lets remind ourselves how we got here:

He is the best player we can realistically sign, he would make Spurs signings look shite in comparison imho.

Oh aye because Inter were in the fucking Ryman at the time, weren't they? :D

Oh aye because Inter were in the fucking Ryman at the time, weren't they? :D

Inter are shite.

ignoring the general bullshitery thats going on in this thread

I really do hope we look at this lad for 12 million he could be one of the better and less expensive players in that position that could move this summer and we'd have a reasonable chance of getting him imo

I'd love Afellay. Won't happen though

oh and Torres, Danny b? get you're own fucking thread going, where you can whine on at each other...

but no Jew or Dole jokes, God help you if there are any Jew or Dole Jokes!