Ashley: Eu must deliver, Kev

Happy Face

Love the way he keeps saying 'he's invested' £250m....

makes me smile too .........

Making something out of nothing there like imo.

If you are waiting for him to suddenly say "Ive done this for nothing but love and enjoyment and don't expect a penny back at the end of it" you'll be waiting a long time.

Of course its an investment.

If I buy a new PC its an investment. I'll buy it, use it, hopefully enjoy it (unlike now due to a Nvidia/Vista driver problem!), and then at the end hopefully sell it and get some of my investment back.

What people are so eager to stand shoulder to shoulder with the red tops and shout "yeah, why Ashley" or "yeah, what you going to say to that Mike" baffles me.

Has years of discontent and being fucked over really make us all so sceptical and bitter?

I think Id rather cautiously enjoy it and feel fucked over when it goes wrong, that stand there smug saying I told you so.

Top Post, it almost feels like some people are waiting for the shit to hit the fan just so they can say I told you so.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone done the sums on his estimated balance sheet since arriving?

EDIT: Using a mixture of ball park estimates and the averages from NUFC-Finances.org.uk I reckon....

Outgoings

Buy price 130M

Debt 30M

Wages 60M

Players in 30M

Other expenses (match related) 15M

Total 265M

Incomings

TV 20M

Players Out 16M

Commercial 20M

Gates 30M

Total 86M

Which has him 179M down. Sitting pretty on a lovely little investment though.

Happy to bow to wiser heads and add/remove/change amounts though

Edited by Happy Face

Seriously though in his defence, I think he's possibly not as well off on paper as he was when he bought the club, for a number of reasons. Also, he's put in £250m or whatever of his own money. Don't think anyone has previously put anything like that in the club's history either. I'm not saying he's won me over but I think he deserves time. I don't think instantly pouring in £100m for tranfers was ever really feasible even if it was what we'd all have liked.

Yeah I think there's a pretty big difference in his relative wealth (and companies prospects) between when he bought the club and now.

Down to the global economy mostly though.

Seriously though in his defence, I think he's possibly not as well off on paper as he was when he bought the club, for a number of reasons. Also, he's put in £250m or whatever of his own money. Don't think anyone has previously put anything like that in the club's history either. I'm not saying he's won me over but I think he deserves time. I don't think instantly pouring in £100m for tranfers was ever really feasible even if it was what we'd all have liked.

He hasn't 'put in' anything. He purchased a commodity. Looks like he purchased it without looking at it.

When I buy yet another shit watch I don't wander around informing people I've invested in a watch.

I wouldn't have expected him to put in anything like 100m Alex, just to recognise the club has a manager capable of lifting it up to the top and allowing him to get one or two more players he wants. To date we haven't seen this.

Now that the club isn't paying back the installments on the stadium, and we have an increase in sky money, can anyone tell us where this money has gone if it isn't - or hasn't so far - been spent on players BTW ? Is immediately lowering the wage bill so important for a club with the 14th biggest turnover in football / 3rd biggest crowd in the country ?

Looking at him he'll be dead in 20 years, might as well enjoy the money.

EDIT: Using a mixture of ball park estimates and the averages from NUFC-Finances.org.uk I reckon....

Outgoings

Buy price 130M

Debt 30M

Wages 60M

Players in 30M

Total 265M

Incomings

TV 20M

Players Out 16M

Commercial 20M

Gates 30M

Total 86M

The club is valued at £240m that's all you need to know. Unless our performance on the park changes drastically he won't find anyone to pay substantially over that price.

Outgoings

Buy price 130M

Debt 30M

Wages 60M

Players in 30M

Total 265M

Incomings

TV 20M

Players Out 16M

Commercial 20M

Gates 30M

Total 86M

The club is valued at £240m that's all you need to know. Unless our performance on the park changes drastically he won't find anyone to pay substantially over that price.

Why are you perpetuating the notion that Ashley should run the club as a charity?

Almost a fifth of his total wealth is wrapped up in the club at the moment. If he does sell up, so fuck. Someone else will get all the grief. As it stands he's taking a LOT LOT less out of the club than the previous owners did while spending more.

If the Coloccini deal happens that's 2 years running that transfer spending (including income) has exceeded £10M. A phenomenon that only occurred 3 times out of the previous 9 years at the club.

http://www.nufc-finances.org.uk/transfers2.htm

He hasn't 'put in' anything. He purchased a commodity. Looks like he purchased it without looking at it.

When I buy yet another shit watch I don't wander around informing people I've invested in a watch.

What you on about man? Utter bollocks.

Outgoings

Buy price 130M

Debt 30M

Wages 60M

Players in 30M

Total 265M

Incomings

TV 20M

Players Out 16M

Commercial 20M

Gates 30M

Total 86M

Why are you perpetuating the notion that Ashley should run the club as a charity?

Almost a fifth of his total wealth is wrapped up in the club at the moment. If he does sell up, so fuck. Someone else will get all the grief. As it stands he's taking a LOT LOT less out of the club than the previous owners did while spending more.

If the Coloccini deal happens that's 2 years running that transfer spending (including income) has exceeded £10M. A phenomenon that only occurred 3 times out of the previous 9 years at the club.

I like the swipe at the fat f*cker and his mates with regard to dividends

Outgoings

Buy price 130M

Debt 30M

Wages 60M

Players in 30M

Total 265M

Incomings

TV 20M

Players Out 16M

Commercial 20M

Gates 30M

Total 86M

I don't give a fuck about him or his 'supposed' money worries. :o

I quite like this wumming lark. :anal:

Just about to make a cuppa with a teabag I've 'invested' in. :anal:

An even less apt analogy.

Howway man have a word with yourself ffs

Outgoings

Buy price 130M

Debt 30M

Wages 60M

Players in 30M

Total 265M

Incomings

TV 20M

Players Out 16M

Commercial 20M

Gates 30M

Total 86M

Charidee? Why charidee?

Outgoings

Buy price 130M

Debt 30M

Wages 60M

Players in 30M

Total 265M

Incomings

TV 20M

Players Out 16M

Commercial 20M

Gates 30M

Total 86M

Charidee? Why charidee?

You have a problem with him not spending more right?

It doesn't make sense on or off the pitch to start spending astronomical money until we're an attractive proposition to the best players.

Outgoings

Buy price 130M

Debt 30M

Wages 60M

Players in 30M

Total 265M

Incomings

TV 20M

Players Out 16M

Commercial 20M

Gates 30M

Total 86M

Charidee? Why charidee?

Classic Parky avoidance of the question :anal:

Outgoings

Buy price 130M

Debt 30M

Wages 60M

Players in 30M

Total 265M

Incomings

TV 20M

Players Out 16M

Commercial 20M

Gates 30M

Total 86M

Charidee? Why charidee?

It doesn't make sense on or off the pitch to start spending astronomical money until we're an attractive proposition to the best players.

We have this chat every couple of months innit Nicos. :anal:

We're doing alright man....I just get a bit frustrated sometimes.

Outgoings

Buy price 130M

Debt 30M

Wages 60M

Players in 30M

Total 265M

Incomings

TV 20M

Players Out 16M

Commercial 20M

Gates 30M

Total 86M

Charidee? Why charidee?

We have this chat every couple of months innit Nicos. :o

And we'll keep having them until you stop the little digs.

:anal:

Outgoings

Buy price 130M

Debt 30M

Wages 60M

Players in 30M

Total 265M

Incomings

TV 20M

Players Out 16M

Commercial 20M

Gates 30M

Total 86M

Charidee? Why charidee?

We have this chat every couple of months innit Nicos. :o

And we'll keep having them until you stop the little digs.

:anal:

I shall return! :nufc:

Outgoings

Buy price 130M

Debt 30M

Wages 60M

Players in 30M

Total 265M

Incomings

TV 20M

Players Out 16M

Commercial 20M

Gates 30M

Total 86M

I don't give a fuck about him or his 'supposed' money worries. :nufc:

I quite like this wumming lark. :anal:

person who setup this site is obsessed with dividends anyway, he's argued some of these figures with people on NO and actually used to try and imply that a couple of million quid a year on average was the reason why we hadn't won every trophy in the world :o

He also once said that that Adam Crozier [ex chairman of the FA and the tosspot currently running the Post Office] would be the ideal person to be chairman of NUFC :nufc:

I'm sure he thinks people should have run the club for nothing,

Edited by LeazesMag

Howway man have a word with yourself ffs

my season ticket hasn't arrived yet, the one I've invested in for a few decades now

Outgoings

Buy price 130M

Debt 30M

Wages 60M

Players in 30M

Total 265M

Incomings

TV 20M

Players Out 16M

Commercial 20M

Gates 30M

Total 86M

Charidee? Why charidee?

whats the difference between spending money now and in 2 years time [by which time Keegan may be gone] do you think Newcastle are a shitty little club like Blackburn, or the smoggies, for instance, that can't do it, or do you like us being run like Blackburn, smoggies etc

You seriously think Newcastle aren't seen as a big club by footballers inside the game don't you ? Laughable. [well, they were up until a year ago anyway.........]

Outgoings

Buy price 130M

Debt 30M

Wages 60M

Players in 30M

Total 265M

Incomings

TV 20M

Players Out 16M

Commercial 20M

Gates 30M

Total 86M

Charidee? Why charidee?

whats the difference between spending money now and in 2 years time [by which time Keegan may be gone] do you think Newcastle are a shitty little club like Blackburn, or the smoggies, for instance, that can't do it, or do you like us being run like Blackburn, smoggies etc

You seriously think Newcastle aren't seen as a big club by footballers inside the game don't you ? Laughable. [well, they were up until a year ago anyway.........]

You said it yourself, is it really laughable?

The difference between spending now and what I'd envisage in 2 years is the difference between players that are only good enough to get us into Europe, and players that will help us challenge once we're there.