Official Match thread: Newcastle United Vs Valencia

Jimbo

We've come into it quite well 2nd half. Guti moved into the middle??

Most of his runs started at the touch line. Reminds me of an enthusiastic Zoggy, only with much more control, awareness and physical strength. Really good buy.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We've come into it quite well 2nd half. Guti moved into the middle??

Most of his runs started at the touch line. Reminds me of an enthusiastic Zoggy, only with much more control, awareness and physical strength. Really good buy.

Our best player today.

Nzog seems to be pushing further up allowing Guti to slip inside.

Smith still chasing his tail

Edgar for Cacapa

The regrouping and interchanging has happened with Guti linking in the middle. Food for thought?

FT. Really encouraging to see a lot of effort from all of the attacking players. Mixed it up well, ran at them and had the ability to play a variety of balls in. Looked sharp throughout the game. Lets hope this KK ideology of some of the fittest PL players pays off. Duff looks a different player, Guthrie was industrious with Milner, and Guti looked tricky.

Outstanding!

Great attacking football! Totally different team to what we've seen in our last few friendly's. I know we had Beye & Martins on the pitch this time around, but everyone was outstanding, especially Milner, Guthrie, Jonas, Taylor & Beye. Against Valencia too! :anal:

Edited by Geordie Boyo

Good second half. Took us a while to get into it. Things that stood out for me. Duff had a bust game, I thought MOM was between him and Jonas. Jonas looked good, got better as the game went on. Covers alot of ground not just sticking to the wing. Didnt see him put a cross in, more run inside with it. Guthrie had a good game, first chance Ive had to watch him properly and I was pretty impressed. Beye was solid as ever and Zog still looks dangerous when he goes forward. Milner was busy but his final ball is poor or he just runs into trouble.

Good second half. Took us a while to get into it. Things that stood out for me. Duff had a bust game, I thought MOM was between him and Jonas. Jonas looked good, got better as the game went on. Covers alot of ground not just sticking to the wing. Didnt see him put a cross in, more run inside with it. Guthrie had a good game, first chance Ive had to watch him properly and I was pretty impressed. Beye was solid as ever and Zog still looks dangerous when he goes forward. Milner was busy but his final ball is poor or he just runs into trouble.

same old, same old then

All in all a very encouraging performance from the boys, our attacking players showed some determination today, milner worked hard as per and his final ball was actually better than it has been barring a few poor crosses. Duff was excellant, beating his man on a number of occasions, turn of pace and flashes of skill...very pleasing! Jonas was tremendous today too, such a high work ethic and a great touch, was nice to see him win that great tackle in second half too.

Zoggy played well, dont shoot me down but i think witha bit of hard work and positional training he could actually end up being a LB

Guthrie looked solid, oba worked hard and chased everything, shame he didnt really have a go at goal but it'l come.