Did you boo Smith today?

Happy Face

some people on here know so little. Smith has never been boo'ed previously. But becuase he has been linked with leaving in the press he gets booed- Disgusting. The players all like him, keegan likes him. Yeah he hasnt scored but you cant knock his effort. Fickle fans imo who dont have a clue about the game. Could someone please tell me why Nzogbia who doesnt give a shit about the club and openly wants to leave doesnt get booed and smith does?

I disagree with you there. IMO if keegan got the chance to sell him he would and smith never played at the end of last season because imo keegan doesnt rate him

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some people on here know so little. Smith has never been boo'ed previously. But becuase he has been linked with leaving in the press he gets booed- Disgusting. The players all like him, keegan likes him. Yeah he hasnt scored but you cant knock his effort. Fickle fans imo who dont have a clue about the game. Could someone please tell me why Nzogbia who doesnt give a shit about the club and openly wants to leave doesnt get booed and smith does?

I disagree with you there. IMO if keegan got the chance to sell him he would and smith never played at the end of last season because imo keegan doesnt rate him

That's down to ability rather than application.

You can't boo a lad for trying his best.

Then you're a fucking idiot.

Agreed, we've had that too with Voronin even when he's played quite well, people seem to need a whipping boy all the time. We had it also with Garcia even when he scored critical goals. The end result is that they lose confidence and it affects other players. only sad cunts boo their own ... be it managers or players.

Im not sayin there is any benefit but if people have paid to go to the match they have the right to boo him if they want. Also with what you were sayin about if we sell him, barry and ronaldo have been booed in pre-season friendlies but their values will not go down because of this and i doubt the fans think oh no we better not boo smith as his value will decrease. TBH i dont think people care how much he is sold for they just want him gone.

They have the right to boo. I have the right to say they're fucking idiots.

Has Ronaldo played a pre-season friendly?

Either way, if he was booed, it was down to his desire to not play for his current club. Smith has shown no such desire.

Man Utd fans had banners saying they wanted him out. Also i wouldnt say ronaldo doesnt want to play for man utd its just he would rather play for madrid and the money will also be better there. Also ronaldo is more commited to man utd than smith is to us. If any decent team came in for smith he would be off straight away, the only reason he hasnt is because he is shit and noone wants him

Everton want him and Smith turned them down previously you knacker.

I don't see how anyone can question his effort (though you can question his ability). He's never tried to maneuver a move like Ronaldo or Barry.

When did smith turn them down? and why would smith try and maneuver a move? if he left us it would be a move down for him as i doubt anyone would be willing to pay him what he gets paid here

When we got him iirc.

I'm not saying he has any reason to want to leave. You brought Barry and Ronaldo into it. Players who've been booed for a lack of dedication to their current club.

Do you think his effort has been bad enough to warrant booing?

Im not saying he should be booed. I wouldnt boo him when im at the match. My point is if people want to boo him they have every right to and with the amount of money he gets paid he should be able to take a booing, (i know i would for 50-60k a week).

Also your saying smith turned everton down to come to us or he turned them down within a month of joining us? because if your saying smith is commited to us because he turned everton down for us that is aload of rubbish. Plenty of players turn clubs down to join another club. For example, im not sure if any other clubs were in for luque at the same time as us but if they were and he turned them down for us it doesnt make him commited to us

who cares?

:anal:

Aye, close the forum. Who gives a fuck about NUFC anyway?

i meant who cares if people booed smith? doesnt make a difference if he is booed or not.

Course it does. Otherwise, what's the point in booing the useless piece of shit?

Why shouldnt people boo smith then?

Because it makes us look like cunts, you thick bastard.

I feel sorry for Smith, his confidence is shot. How does booing him (in a friendly ffs) help him pull it back together?

Im not saying he should be booed. I wouldnt boo him when im at the match. My point is if people want to boo him they have every right to and with the amount of money he gets paid he should be able to take a booing, (i know i would for 50-60k a week).

I'm not saying anyone shouldn't be allowed to boo. They are allowed. And they did. I'm sure he'll take it on his chin and redouble his efforts as he's been nothing but a model profedssional since his arrival.

I'm just saying anyone that took advantage of their rights this afternoon is a fucking idiot.

Also your saying smith turned everton down to come to us or he turned them down within a month of joining us? because if your saying smith is commited to us because he turned everton down for us that is aload of rubbish. Plenty of players turn clubs down to join another club. For example, im not sure if any other clubs were in for luque at the same time as us but if they were and he turned them down for us it doesnt make him commited to us

I'm saying he's committed to us because he chose us over other suitors, he's shown every effort to give his best while at the club (unsatisfactory as it may be), he's shown no dissatisfaction whenever he's been dropped and he's always shown determination when he's got back into the team.

Shouldn't boo your own tbh. Saying that Smith hasn't done anything to deserve a booing, he's shit but it's not his fault he cost £5m and was given a massive wage packet and he always gives his all which can't be said for some of the more talented players.

who cares?

i meant who cares if people booed smith? doesnt make a difference if he is booed or not.

Course it does. Otherwise, what's the point in booing the useless piece of shit?

I feel sorry for Smith, his confidence is shot. How does booing him (in a friendly ffs) help him pull it back together?

Booing our own players makes us look like cunts? I think supporting thugs like joey barton will make us look worse, you thick bastard

who cares?

Booing our own players makes us look like cunts? I think supporting thugs like joey barton will make us look worse, you thick bastard

Where did I mention Barton??

Also I bet alot of people on here participated in the booing and 'you dont know what your doing' chants when allardyce was manager, if you cant single out a player for not performing why should you be able to single out the manager?

who cares?

Where did i say you mentioned barton? My point is if you dont want us to look like cunts there are other issues that make us look bad other than booing smith. Not many people will know that smith was booed in the friendly today and if they do they will easily forget about it. whereas if we are supposed to stand by our players that means we have to stand by joey barton which really does make us look like cunts

Booing smith is not a big deal and while i admit i wouldnt boo him myself at the match i think alot of you are making a big deal over nothing

Edited by triggy99

Also I bet alot of people on here participated in the booing and 'you dont know what your doing' chants when allardyce was manager, if you cant single out a player for not performing why should you be able to single out the manager?

I didn't.

I thought they were fucking idiots.

Where did i say you mentioned barton? My point is if you dont want us to look like cunts there are other issues that make us look bad other than booing smith. Not many people will know that smith was booed in the friendly today and if they do they will easily forget about it. whereas if we are supposed to stand by our players that means we have to stand by joey barton which really does make us look like cunts

I don't give a fuck what other people know. Smith knows he was booed today.

I stand by Barton too. Just like Man U stood by Cantona as he guided them to the title after his ban.

who cares?

Booing smith is not a big deal and while i admit i wouldnt boo him myself at the match i think alot of you are making a big deal over nothing

If Keegan is standing by Barton, that is good enough for me.

I don't give a fuck what other people know. Smith knows he was booed today.

I stand by Barton too. Just like Man U stood by Cantona as he guided them to the title after his ban.

the point about what people know wasnt aimed at you, tbh none of that post was aimed at you.

who cares?

If Keegan is standing by Barton, that is good enough for me.

So you dont care what people think about us to do with the barton situation as keegan is standing by him and thats good enough for you? So why do you care about what people think about us to do with the booing of smith?

So you dont care what people think about us to do with the barton situation as keegan is standing by him and thats good enough for you? So why do you care about what people think about us to do with the booing of smith?

I know that's another post that's not aimed at me, but just to stick my oar in as the thread starter, my problem is NEVER what other fans/media think of us. Just the relationship between player and fans.

Supporting Smith and Barton keeps that bond strong for the benefit of the club.

Anyone else can lick my hairy arse.

Surely the guy doesnt deserve to be booed if he's putting the commitment in but not getting the returns? Ok it does look like hes a way off from getting a goal, but im sure that after a year of not scoring, he's probably worrying about it as well. One goal and it could be completely different for him. If Owen isnt back 1st game and he's still here, he'll have a chance to do that against his old club where im sure he'll be fired up for it.

I know that's another post that's not aimed at me, but just to stick my oar in as the thread starter, my problem is NEVER what other fans/media think of us. Just the relationship between player and fans.

Once again i cant argue with you there as the only reason i said this is because Dr whatever his name is said as his main reason for people not booing smith is that it makes us look like cunts.

Surely the guy doesnt deserve to be booed if he's putting the commitment in but not getting the returns? Ok it does look like hes a way off from getting a goal, but im sure that after a year of not scoring, he's probably worrying about it as well. One goal and it could be completely different for him. If Owen isnt back 1st game and he's still here, he'll have a chance to do that against his old club where im sure he'll be fired up for it.

Id prefer ameobi to play over smith tbh

Once again i cant argue with you there as the only reason i said this is because Dr whatever his name is said as his main reason for people not booing smith is that it makes us look like cunts.

There's that too.

I don't see how not booing two players could make us look like cuntish supporters.

There's that too.

I don't see how not booing two players could make us look like cuntish supporters.

Im not on about booing barton. What i meant is alot of people though he should have been sacked, but we decided not to and he has been given our support.

I don't think the general public hold the fans of NUFC responsible for Joey Bartons behaviour. They might think he's a nasty piece of work but that's not our fault. I'm bothered about what NUFC players (and prospective players) think about being booed by their own.

And you can call me Kenny if you like :anal:

There's that too.

Im not on about booing barton. What i meant is alot of people though he should have been sacked, but we decided not to and he has been given our support.

Are these people Newcastle supporters? I've personally not heard from one that thinks we should get rid. Of course our detractors/opponents want us to drop him. It would only serve to weaken us.