Newcastle Utd Football Newspaper Book

Tooj

Just saw this on Toffs.

news18lbb7.jpg

It is canny expensive mind, but will certainly make an ideal present for someone.

Newcastle Utd Football Newspaper Book.

Relive those glorious moments of your favourite team captured in newsprint.

From the early 20th century to the recent past, each book affords a unique perspective on your team or sport’s colourful history. They are not written by someone looking back in time, but by reporters who witnessed the games and events as they unfolded and in a language of the time.

Capture the history and greatest moments of Newcastle through the newspapers, as written at the time. Starting with coverage of Newcastle’s FA Final game vs Aston Villa in 1905, this book charts a glorious history of great games and League and Cup titles through the decades of the 20th century.

Top stories include becoming League champions in 1907, 1909, 1927, winning the FA Cup in 1910, 1924, 1932, 1951, 1952, 1955, and Fairs Cup in 1969. Read about the 7-1 win over Man Utd in 1927, and 5-0 win in 1996, Keegan scoring the winning goal on his debut in 1982, signing Malcolm Macdonald for £180,000 in 1971, Beardsley for £1.5m in 1993, Shearer for £15m in 1996 and Owen in 2005, and much much more, 124 pages of Toon history.

Newspaper coverage continues right up to the end of last season. A unique and wonderful gift and must have for all Newcastle fans.

http://www.toffs.com/invt/news18

Just saw this on Toffs.

news18lbb7.jpg

It is canny expensive mind, but will certainly make an ideal present for someone.

Newcastle Utd Football Newspaper Book.

Relive those glorious moments of your favourite team captured in newsprint.

From the early 20th century to the recent past, each book affords a unique perspective on your team or sport’s colourful history. They are not written by someone looking back in time, but by reporters who witnessed the games and events as they unfolded and in a language of the time.

Capture the history and greatest moments of Newcastle through the newspapers, as written at the time. Starting with coverage of Newcastle’s FA Final game vs Aston Villa in 1905, this book charts a glorious history of great games and League and Cup titles through the decades of the 20th century.

Top stories include becoming League champions in 1907, 1909, 1927, winning the FA Cup in 1910, 1924, 1932, 1951, 1952, 1955, and Fairs Cup in 1969. Read about the 7-1 win over Man Utd in 1927, and 5-0 win in 1996, Keegan scoring the winning goal on his debut in 1982, signing Malcolm Macdonald for £180,000 in 1971, Beardsley for £1.5m in 1993, Shearer for £15m in 1996 and Owen in 2005, and much much more, 124 pages of Toon history.

Newspaper coverage continues right up to the end of last season. A unique and wonderful gift and must have for all Newcastle fans.

http://www.toffs.com/invt/news18

I think I'll not boither with the last dozen pages or so :anal:

if anyone has it can they look at the pics from the 7-1 leicester game in the promo season, and if the cron back page is on can they scan it and sent it to me please, i'm on it!!!

if anyone has it can they look at the pics from the 7-1 leicester game in the promo season, and if the cron back page is on can they scan it and sent it to me please, i'm on it!!!

Might be worth getting in touch with Thompson House as they have a lot of photos in their archive that you can (I think) buy for a small fee.

Guest Stevie
Looks well god.

I'd be interested to read about the riots and pitch invasions of 69.74 and 90.

what do you want to know Stevie .......... :anal:

Well I was there in 1990, on the pitch too, not through choice neither. It would be good to read about 69 and 74 though.

Looks well god.

Well I was there in 1990, on the pitch too, not through choice neither. It would be good to read about 69 and 74 though.

I was in the middle of the Leazes end in 1969. Didn't really feel owt, ie scared or anything, I was also too young to go into pubs so didn't know about the mayhem they caused in town in the hours before the match either.

In 74 I was in the paddock, as I had my first season ticket. I don't really know why it happened, I don't think they intended to get the match postponed or anything or had 1969 in mind, I think a handful of people were just pissed off and ran onto the pitch and then others followed.

It upset the game, no doubt about that, but they agreed to carry on because they were 3-1 up at the time.

I went to both the replays at Everton too, me and my mate took both days off. Made me smile because on the Tuesday morning - after the first replay - our boss said I suppose you two want Thursday off to go again then ? We said no, but went for a pint at lunch time and went back to her and said we'd changed our minds. She laughed and said "I knew you would".

[ I think these 2 replays were on Monday and Thursday in the same week].

Guest Stevie
Looks well god.

I was in the middle of the Leazes end in 1969. Didn't really feel owt, ie scared or anything, I was also too young to go into pubs so didn't know about the mayhem they caused in town in the hours before the match either.

In 74 I was in the paddock, as I had my first season ticket. I don't really know why it happened, I don't think they intended to get the match postponed or anything or had 1969 in mind, I think a handful of people were just pissed off and ran onto the pitch and then others followed.

It upset the game, no doubt about that, but they agreed to carry on because they were 3-1 up at the time.

I went to both the replays at Everton too, me and my mate took both days off. Made me smile because on the Tuesday morning - after the first replay - our boss said I suppose you two want Thursday off to go again then ? We said no, but went for a pint at lunch time and went back to her and said we'd changed our minds. She laughed and said "I knew you would".

I didn't even realise women were allowed to be gaffers in them days. What line of work was it?

Looks well god.

I didn't even realise women were allowed to be gaffers in them days. What line of work was it?

first ever job mate, did 3 and a half years at Longbenton ........

Looks well god.

what do you want to know Stevie .......... :icon_lol:

Yet Barton merely got 6 months in Strangeways for assault. Theres nae justice in the world :icon_lol:

Looks well god.

what do you want to know Stevie .......... :icon_lol:

Yet Barton merely got 6 months in Strangeways for assault. Theres nae justice in the world :icon_lol:

so sayeth another man of experience no doubt :icon_lol: