Tetchy Kevin Keegan hints at unrest

Jimbo

Honestly, everything in that article can be easily explained away. The best/worst bit is the Coloccini thing. Trying to make out there's some rift because KK said he hadn't officially signed but the chairman had his name on the strip top he had on. All Keegan was doing was telling the truth as he hasn't officially signed yet, probably pending his medical. Load of rubbish man.

Even if Keegan and Ashley were at loggerheads wouldn't that be a completely stupid thing to demand Keegan do.

"Kevin, you can mention he was training yesterday, you can mention he's at the stadium, you can mention I have his name on the back of my top and you can even mention you like his hair but if you DARE say he's officially signed i'm gonna knack yer!"

The Cox thing is a crock of shit too. Him and Kev are very good pals, he's old and the departure was so sudden you do wonder if there is something personal behind it that Keegan wont talk about out of respect for his friend? I don't want to speculate too much, like.

The Smith comment just sounds like another sly dig at the press, in my John Humble.

JawD, who gets into the corporate with work I think reckoned that Cox has gone because of his bad back which I'm sure is something he's suffered from for a long time.

Also, the bit about Barton is ridiculous imo. All KK has done is stick to his word because he said he'd give him a chance and anything Barton has done was pre-KK arriving anyway.

I do think the communication could be better at times between the club and the fans. Although even if that were the case the press would still make stuff up.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and nobody thinks it's the clusterfuck that you do.

We'll see what he says about the setup when he leaves. Unless he's gagged [which I suspect he is now after what he said after the Chelsea game]

:o

so from that non-fucking story, Keegan is leaving and has a gag-order? :anal:

or are you talking about Cox?

Am I the only person who thinks Keegan's refusal to give anything much away to the press stems for his general dislike of them? From the minute he made his "Editors cut out important parts, like facts" comment in his press conference they've had their knifes out and have written some fairly baseless shite. I get the feeling that now rather than give them anything substantial to write about he's just playing coy.

he didn't dislike them the last time did he ?

I think he's obviously unhappy, or some things are not to his liking. This isn't good is it ? So why pretend there is nothing wrong. All the successful clubs have one thing in common, the manager rules the roost at the club, and things are done how he wants and with his own staff in the major positions.

Do you just sit around waiting for tomorrows newspapers to hit the internet? :anal:

Keegan may not have had fallings out with the press the last time he was at the club but he did have a falling out with the board when they told him "You have to sell Shearer or Ferdinand", a falling out which saw him walk. As he has said time and time again he didn't take kindly to non-footballing people telling him how to make footballing decisions.

If that's the case this time why is he still here, I axe you?

what are you on about ?

I don't sit around waiting for anything, some people have a life rather than sitting in front of a PC all evening.

For your info, Douglas Hall told Keegan that he didn't have to sell Ferdinand if he didn't want to. Proven by the fact that as soon as he was out of the club, the next manager let him go. It was the flotation of the club and how he viewed how it would change the club that laid the roots of his resignation. And, THAT particular decision was most certainly made by the major shareholders at the time, so get your facts right if you claim differently to suit any opinion you may have.

If he doesn't take kindly with non-footballing people telling him how to make footballing decisions [quite right too] then it will only be a matter of time before he fucks off again. He's sticking it out for now because he knows its his last job in football, his venture in Glasgow is apparently not doing so well, and he knows he'll be slaughtered - by the press - if he walks out again, even if its justififed. Are you seriously saying that he is happy with this setup and the scouts etc that he's been told he has to have whether he wants these people or not ?

Un-fucking believable.

Keegan did utter the words "non-footballing people telling me how to make football decisions" and it's generally viewed that he was told he had to get rid of either Ferdinand or Shearer. A meringue?

And I wouldn't believe a word that comes out of Dougie Hall's mouth after he said we were bound to go down if we didn't sack SBR.

Everton wanted Ferdinand. Douglas Hall told him that if Keegan didn't want to sell him then he didn't have to. This is fact, and I've just told you above this was the case.

As for your last paragraph, you are obviously unable to understand that people say things to justify decisions they have made rather than admit they got it wrong ? Massively naive.

We'll see what he says about the setup when he leaves. Unless he's gagged [which I suspect he is now after what he said after the Chelsea game]

You don't believe what SBR said about Shepherd after the former left :anal:

You don't believe what SBR said about Shepherd after the former left :o

Course not, how could he when it takes the knees from his argument? :anal:

:o

so from that non-fucking story, Keegan is leaving and has a gag-order? :anal:

or are you talking about Cox?

whats the matter with you. He's printing his impression of what is going on at the club, and he's probably closer to players and other people inside the club than me and you. Do you not think he's entitled to a view that is different to yours ? Do you have better contacts than he does ?

It appears that Cox always was going to leave the club. I don't know why they don't just say this though ?

Honestly, everything in that article can be easily explained away. The best/worst bit is the Coloccini thing. Trying to make out there's some rift because KK said he hadn't officially signed but the chairman had his name on the strip top he had on. All Keegan was doing was telling the truth as he hasn't officially signed yet, probably pending his medical. Load of rubbish man.

Even if Keegan and Ashley were at loggerheads wouldn't that be a completely stupid thing to demand Keegan do.

"Kevin, you can mention he was training yesterday, you can mention he's at the stadium, you can mention I have his name on the back of my top and you can even mention you like his hair but if you DARE say he's officially signed i'm gonna knack yer!"

The Cox thing is a crock of shit too. Him and Kev are very good pals, he's old and the departure was so sudden you do wonder if there is something personal behind it that Keegan wont talk about out of respect for his friend? I don't want to speculate too much, like.

The Smith comment just sounds like another sly dig at the press, in my John Humble.

JawD, who gets into the corporate with work I think reckoned that Cox has gone because of his bad back which I'm sure is something he's suffered from for a long time.

Also, the bit about Barton is ridiculous imo. All KK has done is stick to his word because he said he'd give him a chance and anything Barton has done was pre-KK arriving anyway.

I do think the communication could be better at times between the club and the fans. Although even if that were the case the press would still make stuff up.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't really.

The only way that they're going to be able to shut the press up is by performing on the pitch. Unfortunately our fixtures mean that after three games the press is going to be full of "Keegan on the brink" articles.

Am I the only person who thinks Keegan's refusal to give anything much away to the press stems for his general dislike of them? From the minute he made his "Editors cut out important parts, like facts" comment in his press conference they've had their knifes out and have written some fairly baseless shite. I get the feeling that now rather than give them anything substantial to write about he's just playing coy.

I think he's obviously unhappy, or some things are not to his liking. This isn't good is it ? So why pretend there is nothing wrong. All the successful clubs have one thing in common, the manager rules the roost at the club, and things are done how he wants and with his own staff in the major positions.

Do you just sit around waiting for tomorrows newspapers to hit the internet? :anal:

Keegan may not have had fallings out with the press the last time he was at the club but he did have a falling out with the board when they told him "You have to sell Shearer or Ferdinand", a falling out which saw him walk. As he has said time and time again he didn't take kindly to non-footballing people telling him how to make footballing decisions.

what are you on about ?

I don't sit around waiting for anything, some people have a life rather than sitting in front of a PC all evening.

For your info, Douglas Hall told Keegan that he didn't have to sell Ferdinand if he didn't want to. Proven by the fact that as soon as he was out of the club, the next manager let him go. It was the flotation of the club and how he viewed how it would change the club that laid the roots of his resignation. And, THAT particular decision was most certainly made by the major shareholders at the time, so get your facts right if you claim differently to suit any opinion you may have.

If he doesn't take kindly with non-footballing people telling him how to make footballing decisions [quite right too] then it will only be a matter of time before he fucks off again. He's sticking it out for now because he knows its his last job in football, his venture in Glasgow is apparently not doing so well, and he knows he'll be slaughtered - by the press - if he walks out again, even if its justififed. Are you seriously saying that he is happy with this setup and the scouts etc that he's been told he has to have whether he wants these people or not ?

Un-fucking believable.

Keegan did utter the words "non-footballing people telling me how to make football decisions" and it's generally viewed that he was told he had to get rid of either Ferdinand or Shearer. A meringue?

And I wouldn't believe a word that comes out of Dougie Hall's mouth after he said we were bound to go down if we didn't sack SBR.

Everton wanted Ferdinand. Douglas Hall told him that if Keegan didn't want to sell him then he didn't have to. This is fact, and I've just told you above this was the case.

As for your last paragraph, you are obviously unable to understand that people say things to justify decisions they have made rather than admit they got it wrong ? Massively naive.

It's not naive, it's just proof the bloke will say anything to justify himself. And it shows he's a full blown cuntstrap.

I can honestly say i've heard very little of this stuff about Dougie telling Keegan he didn't need to sell him. Where'd you come by solid gold info like this :o

Edited by Ketsbaia

The only way that they're going to be able to shut the press up is by performing on the pitch. Unfortunately our fixtures mean that after three games the press is going to be full of "Keegan on the brink" articles.

Aye, I can see that coming a bit. I do think there's a bit of a disagreement re: Smith though. Can't see KK rating him but I reckon he thinks we're thin on the ground a bit. Whereas I reckon the chairman wants to cut our loses. I can see both points of view too. I'm just guessing like. But if Smith stays you could argue it shows KK is in charge.

Sir Bobby with all due respect to a great man, was clearly starting to get things wrong when he left the club, we all know this.

He tried to tell us that the club didn't lose money on Carl Cort for instance. He was backed for the most part for 5 years by his board, and he knows it.

I'm not saying he was right or wrong, and ultimately I don't really care Alex. Keegan is a lot younger and isn't known for getting things wrong. I'm not really talking about Shepherd, others are doing that. I'm just saying that Ashley has done very little so far and not shown much idea of understanding how to become a successful football club on the pitch.

what are you on about ?

Un-fucking believable.

It's not naive, it's just proof the bloke will say anything to justify himself. And it shows he's a full blown cuntstrap.

I can honestly say i've heard very little of this stuff about Dougie telling Keegan he didn't need to sell him. Where'd you come by solid gold info like this :o

its in Keegans book, written when he was about 45, not in his 70's. It was also fairly common knowledge at the time.

Aye, I can see that coming a bit. I do think there's a bit of a disagreement re: Smith though. Can't see KK rating him but I reckon he thinks we're thin on the ground a bit. Whereas I reckon the chairman wants to cut our loses. I can see both points of view too. I'm just guessing like. But if Smith stays you could argue it shows KK is in charge.

The Smith thing is a bit weird. There was never any hint from anyone apart from the press that he was on the way out and when Keegan revealed he fucked his ankle they started crying foul. He was back in the squad for the Valencia game so who knows....

I've said it before and i'll say it again, the only thing that I think needs changing in our current set up and the only thing on the surface I can see KK being pissed off with is that he's not able to go and talk to the players we're signing. IMO that's on of his major, major strengths. He could sell ice to the Eskimos if he showed half the passion he does when it comes to football.

Sir Bobby with all due respect to a great man, was clearly starting to get things wrong when he left the club, we all know this.

He tried to tell us that the club didn't lose money on Carl Cort for instance. He was backed for the most part for 5 years by his board, and he knows it.

I'm not saying he was right or wrong, and ultimately I don't really care Alex. Keegan is a lot younger and isn't known for getting things wrong. I'm not really talking about Shepherd, others are doing that. I'm just saying that Ashley has done very little so far and not shown much idea of understanding how to become a successful football club on the pitch.

Harsh imo mate, very harsh. I don't really want to argue about though tbh. Wait and see I reckon. He's owned the club less than a year and there was loads to sort out imo. On top of that he's only had his own man in charge 7 or 8 months or whatever. I think we'll have more idea 12 months or so. He's obviously got it all to prove though. The post you quoted was light-hearted banter btw :o

Harsh imo mate, very harsh. I don't really want to argue about though tbh. Wait and see I reckon. He's owned the club less than a year and there was loads to sort out imo. On top of that he's only had his own man in charge 7 or 8 months or whatever. I think we'll have more idea 12 months or so. He's obviously got it all to prove though. The post you quoted was light-hearted banter btw :o

I know. But I don't buy the idea that he'll punch heavier in a year or two. I don't see any reason why they don't do it now, if thats the intention and ambition.

We've spent a fair bit of money this summer though. Once the Argie signs. Plus there's talk (from KK) about another 1 or 2 coming in. We were close to signing Modric too. I'd like to see more money spent but that's always the case for any fan I think.

I agree with this bit, I have a feeling that KK has been told to reign it in for now.

I agree with this bit, I have a feeling that KK has been told to reign it in for now.

That's why he's King Kev :anal:

*Tuts*

Tetchy Alex hints at unrest. (this works well I can see why they do it :anal:)

Did you not read my posts then?

That's what I mean, shit like that works no matter what is said. It must be a fairly easy job I reckon.

Tetchy Alex hints at unrest. (this works well I can see why they do it :o)

Did you not read my posts then?

That's what I mean, shit like that works no matter what is said. It must be a fairly easy job I reckon.

:anal:

Because his football circus is in zillions of pounds worth of debt and he can't afford to wrap :o