Can we win next week?

Guest Stevie

Guest Stevie

I think we can. It will be a long time till we go to Old Trafford with a better chance of winning than next week. I watched them yesterday, toothless tigers would describe them nicely. Without Rooney and Ronaldo, they are no where near as potent, James only had about 3 saves to make yesterday, and if we stick together, I think we can get a result. I might be mad, but I have a positive feeling about it.

I think we can. It will be a long time till we go to Old Trafford with a better chance of winning than next week. I watched them yesterday, toothless tigers would describe them nicely. Without Rooney and Ronaldo, they are no where near as potent, James only had about 3 saves to make yesterday, and if we stick together, I think we can get a result. I might be mad, but I have a positive feeling about it.

After 17 months out I reckon Neville will be a liability. Get both Duff and Zoggy on to run rings around the crock and we'll walk it.

:anal:

If Rooney and Ronaldo don't play it will be our best chance in a long while.

Depends who we have fit and available.

Will Owen be fit enough to play the majority? Where is Faye? Have we got Jonas registration sorted yet?

Although they look depleted we could also have a number of our most important players out.

I'd like to think we could get a result but that's just excitement and optimism for the new season, I think though. No Rooney or Ronaldo is a plus but it's not like they don't have other players to punish us. A cheeky early Owen goal though and it'll all get a bit interesting.

Or they'll kick it up a notch and wallop us 4-1.

The sad part is last season that game was close... that is until Ronaldo belted in that free-kick and our players heads dropped.

All thing are possible. But I certainly won't be making any bets!

Depends who we have fit and available.

Will Owen be fit enough to play the majority? Where is Faye? Have we got Jonas registration sorted yet?

Although they look depleted we could also have a number of our most important players out.

Must say it has come as a shock we still don't have the Jonas registration.

No.

I think the very most we can hope for, and it would be a push, would be a draw.

:anal:

The Allardyce approach.

Beaten before they step foot on the field.

He's not saying we should play for a draw. We've never won there since the 70s.

Well no, I think we should have an attacking line up and go for it.

But the question was can we win. I think Man Utd are leagues ahead of us, just look at last season. However, if we are going to get something then there isnt a better time to play them and I hope we come out and go for it.

Without Rooney and Ronaldo (assuming Rooney is out or at least off form?) we've got as good a chance as in a long time.

If it were our team in the middle of their run last season vs. them now, I'd say we'd have a good shot, but as it is it depends which Newcastle turns up before we even know we have a chance.

Guest Stevie
No.

:o

The Allardyce approach.

We won there in 1998 and 1999. :anal:

No.

:nufc:

The Allardyce approach.

We won there in 1998 and 1999. :o

I had to think about that one :anal:

no chance. their reserves would hump us tbh