Microsoft excell question

LeazesMag

if you have a list of items, listed by name and cost [for example] is there any way to sort them by cost, date or alpabetically ?

As you can do with Access programmes.

There is a facility to sort like this in excell, but it just scrambles up all the other columns that aren't selected

Highlight the data you're dealing with (not just what you want to sort by), go Tools>Filter>Autofilter and you can sort by any of the columns and it will re-arrange all the other data colums accordingly (eg sort ascending descending or filter).

I suspect you're only highlighting one column as the normal sort function should also take into account adjacent cells.

This should work on Excel 2003, not sure on 2007 with its Tellytubby-inspired interface.

Whilst were on wor lass was asking how to link two excel books so when you update one (figures) it updates the other one.

TIA

Click the cell you want to reference to, press "=" then change windows to the workbook you're referencing from and click the cell you want to be the source. The link appears in the formula bar- pressing enter should take you back to your destination workbook.

You need to make sure the relative file paths do not change (eg by keeping them in the same directory) but where possible you should try to keep all sheets in the same workbook to prevent broken links.

Edited by Matt

Or you can do it the way you have been but make sure every column is highlighted then right click on the column you want to sort by and it moves everything around.

As for linking to together you can do it by using the "paste link" function (right click then its on the paste special menu).

Or you can do it the way you have been but make sure every column is highlighted then right click on the column you want to sort by and it moves everything around.

As for linking to together you can do it by using the "paste link" function (right click then its on the paste special menu).

How fucking long have you been back? :icon_lol:

Highlight the data you're dealing with (not just what you want to sort by), go Tools>Filter>Autofilter and you can sort by any of the columns and it will re-arrange all the other data colums accordingly (eg sort ascending descending or filter).

I suspect you're only highlighting one column as the normal sort function should also take into account adjacent cells.

This should work on Excel 2003, not sure on 2007 with its Tellytubby-inspired interface.

brilliant, ta mate

Whilst were on wor lass was asking how to link two excel books so when you update one (figures) it updates the other one.

TIA

You've got to formulate the mother fucka, and what's your lass doing near the computer? Everyone in Byker knows she cannot read or write!

TIA

You've got to formulate the mother fucka, and what's your lass doing near the computer? Everyone in Byker knows she cannot read or write!

Might have to get on to you as tbh I can't see her grasping it.

TIA

This thicker than your average East End slapper I see.

Spreadsheets is my middle name, what's it for like - work or some elaborate housekeeping rota?

TIA

This thicker than your average East End slapper I see.

Spreadsheets is my middle name, what's it for like - work or some elaborate housekeeping rota?

Work