Gullit resigns at LA Galaxy

Jimbo

Gullit resigns as Galaxy coach; Lalas out as well

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Ruud Gullit has resigned as coach of the slumping Los Angeles Galaxy for personal reasons, and president/general manager Alexi Lalas also is out of a job, a source familiar with the situation says.

The Galaxy are led by English star David Beckham, but are on a seven-match winless streak heading into their match Thursday with Chivas USA.

Gullit will be succeeded on an interim basis by 37-year-old Cobi Jones, a first-year assistant who retired following last season after spending his entire career with the Galaxy, said the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the shakeup had yet been announced Monday.

The 45-year-old Gullit signed a three-year contract last November, making him one of the MLS' higest-paid coaches.

Gullit resigns as Galaxy coach; Lalas out as well

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Ruud Gullit has resigned as coach of the slumping Los Angeles Galaxy for personal reasons, and president/general manager Alexi Lalas also is out of a job, a source familiar with the situation says.

The Galaxy are led by English star David Beckham, but are on a seven-match winless streak heading into their match Thursday with Chivas USA.

Gullit will be succeeded on an interim basis by 37-year-old Cobi Jones, a first-year assistant who retired following last season after spending his entire career with the Galaxy, said the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the shakeup had yet been announced Monday.

The 45-year-old Gullit signed a three-year contract last November, making him one of the MLS' higest-paid coaches.

Presumably it was someone else's fault they were no good? Someone like Shearer.

Edited by Kitman

Can you actually be relegated from the Major Super World Series All-star Soccer League?

No, but someone could buy the franchise and move the team I think.

Nice to see that arrogant wanker fail btw.

Can you actually be relegated from the Major Super World Series All-star Soccer League?

I'm amazed he ever went back into coaching, still the money there and the I guess the standard probably made it tempting.

I'm amazed he ever went back into coaching, still the money there and the I guess the standard probably made it tempting.

Hilarious how even that seems to be above his level. Big bruise to his massive ego.

More proof, if needed, what a shite coach Gullit is. Loosing 7 games in that league, I reckon even Souness could do a bit better than that

And as for Beckham going to that shower of shit in the first place :icon_lol:

he didn't have any say in it, bet he becomes player manager, the yanks love owt like that.