Cuellar Goes To Villa

Tooj

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1363791,00.html

DETAILS were finalised this evening with Aston Villa Football Club for the transfer of Carlos Cuellar, subject to him passing a medical tomorrow.

On Sunday morning the player and his representatives informed the Club it was their desire to invoke an exit clause for 10 million Euros and today an offer for that amount was received from Aston Villa.

An offer to extend the player's contract and to increase his salary substantially was declined as the player was adamant it was his desire to leave and play in the England League.

Carlos Cuellar wished to state the following: "I came to Rangers due to the professional manner of their officials and management and their promise of success. Everything I had been told about this fantastic Club has been true and last year's UEFA Cup run is something I will never forget.

"My ambition has always been to play for my national team and I believe that playing in the biggest league in the world for Aston Villa will help me realise that.

"When I told Martin Bain on Sunday that I wanted to leave, I did so with sadness. The Rangers supporters have been fantastic to me, but I am young and want to play at the highest level and I hope they will always welcome me back. I want to thank them for everything.

Manager Walter Smith, expressed his disappointment. He said: "This has come as a surprise and I am disappointed. Carlos Cuellar has been a great player for the Football Club and inevitably there has been speculation about him playing in the England League.

"The Club has received a substantial uplift in fee and we will now reinvest in the team."

Luque, no question. The worst he could do is fail to score, Jean Alain Boumsong or Chief Lieutenant Fucktard as I like to call him, cost us so many goals and through that games, it's not even a quandry.

We'll see, being any good in Jockland doesn't mean he'll be any good down here in a proper league. Besides, our Argy has more entertaining hair and less ridiculous teeth.

Luque, no question. The worst he could do is fail to score, Jean Alain Boumsong or Chief Lieutenant Fucktard as I like to call him, cost us so many goals and through that games, it's not even a quandry.

Not really, it was like playing with 10 men when he played. Hard to say who was the greater liability imo. At least Boumsong performed well on occasion, even if he wasn't cut out for the English game.

How come Villa can wrap up a transfer so quickly, yet ours drag on for weeks?

Cuellar done and dusted in a couple of days, Shorey and Luke Young both sewn up on the same day, the Coloccini deal (or lack of) is getting beyond a joke.

Its easy to point at a transfer and say why cant we do that. You could just as easy point to Gareth Barry and say at least ours dont fall through due to running out of funds, or to Berbatov and say Id wish he'd just move or Ronaldo etc. Not all transfers happen in a flash. Though look at Jonas, that happened quickly and under the radar, so we can do it.

Though look at Jonas, that happened quickly and under the radar, so we can do it. .

He's not even registered for us yet to be fair...

and barry and berba haven't been up at manu/liverpool watching games etc like coloccini

those deals are arguing over fees though ours is trying to get them on the cheap and force it through lol (well maybe not colo now but its not done yet so god knows what style of deal will emerge for him)

Maybe not? He's the most we've paid for a defender. What shite you talk.