Bowling

MattM4

Went Bowling last night for the umpteenth time this "summer"

Anyway, for the first time I managed to do a Turkey, which I was very pleased about of course ;)

turkeymatt.jpg

although I didnt beat my record, coz of a poor start (and probably coz the woman misspelled my name), I ended on a high.

What is your record then? mine is 146 if I remember correctly.

I suck at bowling. And I'm extremely random at it (me, random? what a shock). But I have been known to get two strikes in a row, and then not hit a single pin for the rest of the game.

We went bowling last week, and we played with bumpers so that we felt better ;)

but a friend managed 185 which was impressive.

43014[/snapback]

yikes, the best i've seen from a friend is 180. Indeed it is quite impressive!

Still a long way away from the big 300 ;)

292, although I did used to bowl league. Played a cup game against a guy who was leading in the league and we matched each other strike for strike until I felt the pressure. He went on to get 300.

My average when I left the league was 251. Might rejoin one day.

292, although I did used to bowl league. Played a cup game against a guy who was leading in the league and we matched each other strike for strike until I felt the pressure. He went on to get 300.

43047[/snapback]

;)

292, so is that one strike away from the max? i still havent completely worked out the points system.

43047[/snapback]

;)

292, so is that one strike away from the max? i still havent completely worked out the points system.

43049[/snapback]

Yep, last ball I took out 6 and 9. Funny really as 292 is a very rare score, so I feel special anyway.

There's some people in my league who have had quite a few 300's.

Did you just round up as many people called Matthew (or variations thereof) as you could find to go bowling with?  ;)

43233[/snapback]

And where was my invite? Eh?!

;)

Did you just round up as many people called Matthew (or variations thereof) as you could find to go bowling with?  ;)

43233[/snapback]

;) Think he was playing against himself? :blush:

43234[/snapback]

:blush: yes two of my mates are called "Mathieu". Can get confusing when we hang out together.