Warnock hands in transfer request.

Park Life

Yes I agree that Enrique is decent enough but we are not in a position to turn our noses up at a highly thought of England left back who seems to fancy joining us and could become available at a cheaper price than Shorey, who I think he is better than. If Keegan is building a squad then the likes of Warnock would in my book be very valuable additions.

2 good players. would give us a bit of stability going forward. selective rotation and worst comes to the worst you could actually play enrique in front of warnock when you need to tighten up. I notice enrique does not give the ball away much, and as such would be a good option to keep. I rate the lad and he's by no means slow....

Blackburn Rovers defender Stephen Warnock has handed in a transfer request at Ewood Park.

Earlier in the summer the full-back said that he was happy at Rovers following the appointment of new manager Paul Ince.

However, Warnock - who signed a contract extension which tied him to Blackburn until 2012 in May - has now signalled his desire to quit the one-time Premier League champions.

The news will come as a blow to Ince, who recently announced that there would be no more departures following the sales of David Bentley and Brad Friedel.

Everton and Newcastle have been linked with Warnock and in July Blackburn chairman John Williams confirmed he had turned down a £2million bid from an unnamed club.

The 26-year-old began his career at Liverpool before Blackburn paid £1.5million for his services in January 2007.

Warnock has also made one appearance for England after being selected for the friendly victory over Trinidad and Tobago in May.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_3971540,00.html

Selective memory, been quality for Blackburn in the Premier Division for the last what, 2 or 3 seasons?

It's 1 or 1 1/2.

Regards,

Attain

Edited by Attain

Selective memory, been quality for Blackburn in the Premier Division for the last what, 2 or 3 seasons?

It's 1 or 1 1/2.

Regards,

Attain

January 2007.

With deepest sympathies,

Irishmag.

I don't think Enrique's that slow to be fair. Good to have the option between the two, one technically gifted player and one pacy direct player. It's a choice that could be made on a match by match basis depending on your oppo. I'd like to see him here.

He's not exactly a flyer though, is he? Seems reluctant to get forward on the evidence so far as well. Agree about the options.

Enrique is far and away our fastest defender. Gerrard who is no slouch when he flat foots it was easily outpaced by Enrique last season when we played Liverpool (Gerrard consequently grabbed a hold of Enrique's shirt, then dived to the ground claiming a foul - Enrique was still standing with the ball safely in his posession and the ref called the foul against Gerrard :icon_lol: :icon_lol: ... that was the one saving grace from that match).

Warnock is a good player though. He was never spectacular for Liverpool, but he always did his job. It must have been tough for him there seeing as he was only used very sporadically and in a few different positions. I'd honestly have Enrique in the side over Warnock, because Enrique has shown that given a solid run of games he is continually improving. He's biger than Warnock, stronger than Warnock, and faster than Warnock. Warnock has the edge in other areas, particularly experience and is probably a better defender at the moment. The experience side is only natural given that he is 4 and a bit years older than Enrique.

It can't hurt to get him in though, because if Enrique has any injury problems we don't have a lot of depth there - Bassong can play there but I get the feeling that he is more of a future project. They could always use N'Zogbia there (as they have in the past), but he's a pretty horrible defender IMO.

For the reported 5 million it's not the best value in the world, but he shouldn't be on massive wages and seeing as we got rid of Babayaro and Carr it's only logical that we bring in some cover in the fullback region.

.com:

Tuesday afternoon brought confirmation that Blackburn Rovers defender Stephen Warnock had handed in a transfer request at Ewood Park.

Newcastle have been widely credited with an interest in the 26 year-old former Liverpool left back and it's reported that a bid has now been made by the Magpies.

I'd have him surely. Enrique has yet to really impress me but he's still young and has a bright future (we hope.) So, getting Warnock in might well do the trick although I hope we don't end up paying through the nose for him.

Me ektisimi,

ATP

I don't think Enrique's that slow to be fair. Good to have the option between the two, one technically gifted player and one pacy direct player. It's a choice that could be made on a match by match basis depending on your oppo. I'd like to see him here.

He's not exactly a flyer though, is he? Seems reluctant to get forward on the evidence so far as well. Agree about the options.

Enrique is far and away our fastest defender. Gerrard who is no slouch when he flat foots it was easily outpaced by Enrique last season when we played Liverpool (Gerrard consequently grabbed a hold of Enrique's shirt, then dived to the ground claiming a foul - Enrique was still standing with the ball safely in his posession and the ref called the foul against Gerrard :icon_lol: :icon_lol: ... that was the one saving grace from that match).

Warnock is a good player though. He was never spectacular for Liverpool, but he always did his job. It must have been tough for him there seeing as he was only used very sporadically and in a few different positions. I'd honestly have Enrique in the side over Warnock, because Enrique has shown that given a solid run of games he is continually improving. He's biger than Warnock, stronger than Warnock, and faster than Warnock. Warnock has the edge in other areas, particularly experience and is probably a better defender at the moment. The experience side is only natural given that he is 4 and a bit years older than Enrique.

It can't hurt to get him in though, because if Enrique has any injury problems we don't have a lot of depth there - Bassong can play there but I get the feeling that he is more of a future project. They could always use N'Zogbia there (as they have in the past), but he's a pretty horrible defender IMO.

For the reported 5 million it's not the best value in the world, but he shouldn't be on massive wages and seeing as we got rid of Babayaro and Carr it's only logical that we bring in some cover in the fullback region.

Gerrard lacks pace as well man. FFS. Not saying he's slow as fuck but he never beats his man for pace. And there's no way Enrique is quicker than Beye.

Edited by alex

Warnock rumours dismissed by Blackburn Rovers

11:30am Wednesday 13th August 2008

Comments (23) Have your say »

By Gary York »

BLACKBURN Rovers last night categorically denied claims that full-back Stephen Warnock has handed in a transfer request.

Reports surfaced yesterday that the 26-year-old defender had signalled his intent to quit Ewood Park by demanding to leave.

However, Rovers chairman John Williams has dismissed those reports, saying: “Stephen has not handed a transfer request to myself or Paul Ince.”

Everton and Newcastle have been linked with Warnock, the latter having made two bids for the England international earlier this summer.

But both offers from the St James’ Park club were rejected out of hand by Rovers boss Ince, who is desperate not to lose any more of his first-choice names.

This summer, Ince has seen David Bentley and Brad Friedel leave Ewood Park to sign for Tottenham Hotspur and Aston Villa respectively.

But he revealed last weekend that no further key players would be sold before the transfer deadline on August 31, and Warnock comes into that category.

The former Liverpool defender has become a mainstay of the Blackburn first-team since arriving from Anfield in January 2007.

He signed a new four-year contract at the end of last season and, following Ince’s arrival at Rovers, stressed that he was not looking for a new club.

Earlier this summer, Warnock said: “We are a club that is moving forward and we are all looking forward to the new era under the new manager.”

After Saturday’s 1-1 pre-season draw against NAC Breda, Ince insisted he would not sell any more players as he builds for the new season, which begins against Everton at Goodison Park this Saturday.

“The door is shut now,” he said. “The players can’t go, full stop.

“All we want to do is re-build and bring players in, rather than lose players.

"That’s the situation.”

from the lancashire evening telegraph

bon chance

paddy

"Blackburn full-back Stephen Warnock has said reports saying he has handed in a transfer request are "rubbish". (Sky Sports News, 1226 BST)"

"Blackburn full-back Stephen Warnock has said reports saying he has handed in a transfer request are "rubbish". (Sky Sports News, 1226 BST)"

Incey's had him in a headlock since yesterday. ;)