Stoke Sign Faye for £2.25m

Jimbo

Stoke City have put in a formal £2million bid for Newcastle defensive midfielder Abdoulaye Faye.

Faye

The 30-year-old former Bolton player is keen to move and revive his career after making just 22 appearances at Newcastle last season after joining in the summer for £2.5m.

Stoke also have Amdy Faye on trial and are frantically trying to bolster their strike force after going cold on a move for Valencia striker Nikola Zigic and ruling themselves out of the running for Chelsea's Claudio Pizarro.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should definately keep him. No way we could get in anyone half as good for that price given the current climate. Also gives us cover for Butt. He's a very valuable member of the team - I guess the media is playing up on the fact that he hasn't been involved in the pre-season. I'd like to know why that is.

With love,

OzToonFan

Let him go. Nowt special. Colo and Taylor would be good enough with Bassong and Cacapa as back up.

Regards,

Attain

you think Cacapa is more worth keeping on the books than Faye ?

Bollocks

Regards,

Leazes

i think we are all making a martyr of him by signing off like him.

The cure ?

2 week ban.

He's not one of these cockney bullshitters or scouse wannabees I take it

Edited by LeazesMag

Id keep him like. He's done little wrong since he came and is decent at the back or midfield. Certainly a good squad player and while Id be letting Geremi or Cacapa go, I reckon this was one of Sams better signings.

If we got another RB id flog him. Beye, Taylor, Coloccini and Bassong all look better imo

You've made this judgement despite the fact that neither Colo or Bassong have ever played a PL game?