Stoke Sign Faye for £2.25m

Jimbo

Have you seen a lot of the last two like? :icon_lol:

And while I think Beye could do very well at centre-back when have you seen him do that?

I think he was at least as good as Taylor last season too with Taylor only looking good in the closing stages of the season. We're not exactly overrun with defenders either and he can also do a good job as the holding midfielder.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive seen a bit of Colocinni on Sky and Ive seen Bassong play once. However I have seen Faye play about 15 times and I still think faye is gash. It perturbs me that people honestly think hes good.

Im sure I saw Beye play at CB a couple of times last season? Or is my mind playing tricks on me

Ive seen a bit of Colocinni on Sky and Ive seen Bassong play once. However I have seen Faye play about 15 times and I still think faye is gash. It perturbs me that people honestly think hes good.

Im sure I saw Beye play at CB a couple of times last season? Or is my mind playing tricks on me

He did and looked ok.

Whilst I wouldn't be getting shot I think Taylor is a much better centre-half, Faye gets turned too easily and has a habit of losing his striker when balls get played over his head.

Plus he only played 22 games cos he was injured repeatedly.

It perturbs me people rate Taylor so highly. Didn't Beye have a nightmare at CB when he played there? Derby away maybe? Faye is a decent, solid defender, nothing more.

It perturbs me people rate Taylor so highly. Didn't Beye have a nightmare at CB when he played there? Derby away maybe? Faye is a decent, solid defender, nothing more.

Can you say the same about Taylor?

Yes. Hes pretty fast, strong, good in the air, can hit a decent pass and is young.

Can anyone actually tell me why they dont rate Taylor?

The last 3 NUFC managers as well as the England u21 managers rated him. Hes played more games than any other CB at the club in the last 3 years and Ive lost count of the amount of games hes been given MOM.

Yes. Hes pretty fast, strong, good in the air, can hit a decent pass and is young.Can anyone actually tell me why they dont rate Taylor?

The last 3 NUFC managers as well as the England u21 managers rated him. Hes played more games than any other CB at the club in the last 3 years and Ive lost count of the amount of games hes been given MOM.

Genuinely contend those points in all honesty with the caveat he's good at attacking the ball in the opposition's penalty area.

If his heart isn't in it, we don't need him. No player is bigger than the club.

Regards,

Attain

Thanks for that, I think there were a few of us who still thought Faye was bigger than NUFC.

Regards,

Attain

Thanks for that, I think there were a few of us who still thought Faye was bigger than NUFC.

:icon_lol:

Apparently he's been training with Stoke this morning. This makes no sense to me at all. He was our best centreback last season by a country mile and and regardless of what you think Taylor can become Faye is best we have now. He's no world beater but he is a solid player who seems to help steady us when he's playing, I will be really upset if this happens.

Guest Stevie

Regards,

Attain

Who says his heart isn't in it? Five months ago, Lassana Diarra came and said Abdoulaye has told me how much he enjoys it at the club, and what a wonderful place it is to play, now some journalist with fuck all to say says he's unhappy, and clueless outsiders like yourself already have him written off.

Pipe down and fuck off,

Steve

Apparently he's been training with Stoke this morning. This makes no sense to me at all. He was our best centreback last season by a country mile and and regardless of what you think Taylor can become Faye is best we have now. He's no world beater but he is a solid player who seems to help steady us when he's playing, I will be really upset if this happens.

That was Amdy Faye I'm sure?

Regards,

Attain

Who says his heart isn't in it? Five months ago, Lassana Diarra came and said Abdoulaye has told me how much he enjoys it at the club, and what a wonderful place it is to play, now some journalist with fuck all to say says he's unhappy, and clueless outsiders like yourself already have him written off.

Pipe down and fuck off,

Steve

I heard he was very happy, he also has a very high pitched voice said the same source.

Regards,

Attain

Pipe down and fuck off,

Steve

;)

That was Amdy Faye I'm sure?

Both of them allegedly.

I don't get this at all, he was one of our better performers last season in a position in which we're reasonably short so why would we want to sell him? And why would he want to move to Stoke of all places and play for a team that are hot favourites to go down? :lol:

Edited by ewerk

I don't get this at all, he was one of our better performers last season in a position in which we're reasonably short

Exactly... very weird, disappointing and untimely decision :lol: