Stoke Sign Faye for £2.25m

Jimbo

Not that arsed really. Decent player like. We need an upgrade now.

We're leaving it a bit late, I'd imagine the club has known about this for a while and it's just his injury that has held the deal up so fingers crossed we have a replacement lined up.

What about Shirley Bassong? :lol:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that arsed really. Decent player like. We need an upgrade now.

We're leaving it a bit late, I'd imagine the club has known about this for a while and it's just his injury that has held the deal up so fingers crossed we have a replacement lined up.

Aye, plus people were calming down a bit so this should sort that out.

At the end of the day if Keegan wanted him to stay he wouldn't have went. He has shown in the past if you aren't fully committed to the club then you are out. We've seen much better players than Faye go. Yes it is disappointing to see him leave, as him and Colo would have made a cracking pairing. I'd have been much more worried if we hadn't seen someone of Colo's calibre coming in.

Reminds me of the Solano/Hughes/O'Brien transfers....decent squad player gone for not a lot of money which we end up regretting.

I'm sure we'll all be laughing when they unveil Rooney, Terry and Kaka though. :lol:

I'll wait to see if we replace him. Be curious as to the background story though. No need to leave a club that has a chance of challenging for European spots for one who will be fighting relegation for the entirety of the season? Especially when you'll be pretty high up the pecking order at the original club.

I'll wait to see if we replace him. Be curious as to the background story though. No need to leave a club that has a chance of challenging for European spots for one who will be fighting relegation for the entirety of the season? Especially when you'll be pretty high up the pecking order at the original club.

Does seem an odd move. But, I'll trust KK on this one. Lets see who comes in to replace him before judging.

This really pisses me off. For the first time in a while I thought we had two decent centre halfs. Now we just have to waste more time waiting for the "massive potential" of the local fuckwit to blossom. Worst day of the summer by a mile.

Does seem an odd move. But, I'll trust KK on this one. Lets see who comes in to replace him before judging.

I'm not sure anyone will come in to replace him though, that's the problem. Would have rather replaced certain other members of the squad but I guess we don't know the full story behind his departure so I'll stay away from blaming anyone for his exit for now.

not bothered hes gone to be honest. i thought he made quite a few errors last year better to blood taylor with collocini and try and form a partnership. Plus keegans obviously wanted rid since everton when this bust up happened. And he said if faye and shola both go there shud be 2 new faces in. Id be quite happy to take the swap atm like

Have only seen him in one match but I thought Bassong looked good against Mallorca. Looked fast and composed and is still young. Could be a decent back-up.

seconded

Have only seen him in one match but I thought Bassong looked good against Mallorca. Looked fast and composed and is still young. Could be a decent back-up.

seconded

Agree as well, Faye wasn't that good tbh and I trust Keegan to make the right decision whether he buys or uses Bassong and Taylor. It makes more sense selling him if the rumors about him wanting away were true.